GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-05, 07:22 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 GS Bluetooth

Has any of the new owners used the Bluetooth feature with their phone yet?

What type of phone?

What service?

How did it work?

Ease of use?
Old 02-22-05, 09:13 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bluetooth

picks up my razr phone very quickly upon entrance to vehicle. sounds good and they can hear me good as well. sometimes it takes a while(5-10 sec) to connect but really not bad. only thing i am upset about is loading the notebook. i have to transfer from my phonebook via bluetooth but it only lets me do one entry at a time. very annoying. functionally very good otherwise.
Old 02-23-05, 12:00 AM
frebay
Pole Position

i have the T610 w/ t-mobile and it works like a dream. able to sync the entire phone book, recognizes the phone within 3 seconds, and very clear. something i haven't figured out yet is how to edit a phone entry or rename a contact.
Old 02-23-05, 06:53 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Out of curiousity, does it automatically lower the stereo when you receive a call? It would make sense that it would do that but I just want to confirm. Also, does the voice of the person you're talking to come through all the speakers?
Old 02-23-05, 09:04 AM
YL06GS
Driver

carminesc and frebay- Thanks guys. It will be interesting because I have Sprint service and I am going to get the LG phone this week. All 3 of us will have different service providers with different phones.

If the LG does not work well, I will consider switching to T-Mobile.
Old 02-23-05, 03:45 PM
asolare
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YL06GS
Has any of the new owners used the Bluetooth feature with their phone yet?

What type of phone?

What service?

How did it work?

Ease of use?

If you don't need to use Verizon, stay away for this purpose. The only Verizon bluetooth phone, the v710, has some bluetooth functions crippled my Verizon and won't allow you to upload your phonebook from that phone to your car. Believe me, you'll hate trying to use that phone with your Lexus.
Old 02-23-05, 05:45 PM
irv09
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth

I tried my Motorola V710 at the dealer in Charlotte and I was able to pair my phone with the car and make a call from the screen. I know there is a problem with the phone book, but the call was clear and had much better sound quality than my wireless headset. . .
Old 02-23-05, 06:52 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

I'll try the new Nextel Bluetooth phone. Not because I like the GS that much but rather because I want a data point to see how good their Bluetooth implementation is.

Stay tuned...
Old 02-23-05, 06:56 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Got LG phone today. Pairing went fine. Can dial out and answer. Tried to set-up phone book and the screen says please send phone book from phone. It does not look like anything is happening.

Any ideas?

Carminesc-How did you send yours one at a time?

Thanks
Old 02-23-05, 09:06 PM
toneloco28
5th Gear

Got LG phone today. Pairing went fine. Can dial out and answer. Tried to set-up phone book and the screen says please send phone book from phone. It does not look like anything is happening.

Any ideas?

Carminesc-How did you send yours one at a time?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure your particular phone lacks the necessary bluetooth profile needed for phonebook, contact syncing. Sprint's bluetooth implementation on this phone is limited to headset/ handsfree, and Dun (Dial up networking) if memory serves me correctly. Verizon and now Sprint have intentionally crippled the bluetooth functionality of these phones, in an apparent attempt to make you subscribe to their picture and ringtone services to exchange data. Verizon is in the midst of a class-action lawsuit for this very practice
Old 02-23-05, 10:13 PM
YL06GS
Driver

toneloco28-the sales rep at sprint had mentioned something about swaping files via Bluetooth, but I did not realize it would disable this feature.

Does any sprint phone (even if it was an older model) have Bluetooth and the ability to do whats needed for the phonebook feature.
Old 02-23-05, 10:40 PM
carminesc
Rookie

Default syncing-uploading phonebook

when i enter the vehicle the phone picks up immediately. thats great and expected. the problem arises when i want to sync-upload phonebook. when i am at the upload screen on the nav display i also have to go to my razr's phonebook and select the entry and under another option menu select "send". something interesting happens after that. the car then disconnects the bluetooth connection and sends just that one phonebook item and when completed drops the connection again only to connect again in regular bluetooth mode.
this is something i am stil trying to perfect but i must admit it's getting bothersome. 2-3 minutes to upload one entry sucks but i have no other option since it doesn't seem possible to manually enter phonebook entries into the nav screen.
Old 02-23-05, 10:42 PM
BaLLzZz
Lead Lap

MrJohnson What new nextel bluetooth phone the 930???
Old 02-23-05, 11:26 PM
toneloco28
5th Gear

toneloco28-the sales rep at sprint had mentioned something about swaping files via Bluetooth, but I did not realize it would disable this feature.

Does any sprint phone (even if it was an older model) have Bluetooth and the ability to do whats needed for the phonebook feature.
Yes, unfortunately the sales reps are sometimes misinformed about their own products. The Sony Ericsson t608 which was sold only through Sprint's telesales department (1-866-PCS-AUTO) had the required functionality to interact with the new Lexus. Whether or not they still carry this particular model Im unsure of. Also some people spoke of the phone being particularly buggy when it first came out. They might have fixed it in subsequent firmware updates however. Try giving them a call to see if it's still available.
Old 02-24-05, 12:02 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BaLLzZz
MrJohnson What new nextel bluetooth phone the 930???
Nobody is sure if the i930 will have Bluetooth. The one shown at CES 2005 did not have Bluetooth. The i605 (candy bar style phone) does have Bluetooth. There was a recent episode of the TV show Vegas where someone was shown using the i930 with a Bluetooth headset but obviously that's just a TV show. Here's some info on the i605 and i930.

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...index.php?p=m3

Quick Reply: 2006 GS Bluetooth