GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Very sad day for my GS, but the 06 is on the way.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05 | 06:37 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Default Very sad day for my GS, but the 06 is on the way.

I just sold my 01 GS430 today. It was sad to see her goes and she was one of the best car I ever owned.

Some of you may see my car at the meet or at the drive up in the Smoky Mountian or at the Dragon's. Now, she's gone to a good home. The gentleman that bought the car not even think twice. I've put the car back to stock, I mean bone stock, without suspension mods, DVD, rear camera or wheels. He's a bussiness man and don't have time to fool with all these mods, but he like the car because the well maintainance records, one owner, and low miles( 37K).

Well, my new 06 GS430 will be here on March 23rd. Same color Blue Oynx Pearl with gray interior, G-Spider wheels and all the options except Pre-collision. I just love the dark blue color that in some angle it looks like a black car, but in the sun light it looks like a deep blue.

I will see her from time to time, but I'm sick in my stomach

Here is what she did in the past as one of the very first GS with DVD-Nav.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=video-nav

The rear camera in the key hole, back in 2002. She's way ahead of her time in 2002...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ar+veiw+camera
Attached Thumbnails Very sad day for my GS, but the 06 is on the way.-gs-at-brp-hi-res-2.jpg  

Last edited by VVT-i; 02-23-05 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-23-05 | 06:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by VVT-i
I just sold my 01 GS430 today. It was sad to see her goes and she was one of the best car I ever owned.

Some of you may see my car at the meet or at the drive up in the Smoky Mountian or at the Dragon's. Now, she's gone to a good home. The gentleman that bought the car not even think twice. I've put the car back to stock, I mean bone stock, without suspension mods, DVD, rear camera or wheels. He's a bussiness man and don't have time to fool with all these mods, but he like the car because the well maintainance records, one owner, and low miles( 37K).

Well, my new 06 GS430 will be here on March 23rd. Same color Blue Oynx Pearl with gray interior, G-Spider wheels and all the options except Pre-collision. I just love the dark blue color that in some angle it looks like a black car, but in the sun light it looks like a deep blue.

I will see her from time to time, but I'm sick in my stomach

Here is what she did in the past as one of the very first GS with DVD-Nav.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=video-nav

The rear camera in the key hole, back in 2002. She's way ahead of her time in 2002...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ar+veiw+camera

Dang dude, sad to see her go. I remember the 1st time seeing it at the Dragon's Tail 3 years ago. We all were like "who's black GS". Then we met you and you told us it was blue!! And showed us the keyhole and NAV/DVD! Everyone was like

That is too cool your replacing your 2GS with a 3GS identical in color inside and out.
Attached Thumbnails Very sad day for my GS, but the 06 is on the way.-13128vvti-med.jpg  
Old 02-23-05 | 08:00 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Thanks Mike. It was a tough decision, but I'm ready for something new, either next month or six months from now. After I saw the new GS with all the toys....I said to myself " heck yeah".

I drove an 06 GS430 last week and I think the car a little bit quicker due to the 6 speeds and the ECM programming. I know Lexus can tuned their cars the way they wanted, but they're so conservative. I mean the 01 LS430 is the quickest of all compared with the same year GS430 or SC430( any year). Plus the LS430 is a lot more heavier than the GS and the SC, but Lexus managed to make the LS quicker. Then the 04-05 LS with 6 speeds get even quicker.

I don't know how to explain, but with the same engine, same transmission, but put them in difference car and yoy get difference results.

The 06 GS430 got that exhaust sound from the L-tuned( I know it, because my 01 got the L-tuned exhaust) and the handling is almost identical the 2nd gen GS with L-tuned suspension.

The front brake is as big as on the LS430 with 13.1 inch rotors with 4 pistons and a little touch on the pedal is a surprise if you don't prepare. The stock wheels that comes with the car will easily clear most of the aftermarket BKK.

The ML with 7.1 surrond sond with Dolby Digital and DTS is amazing. I mean, this's a home threther in the car with full factoty warranty.

The rear veiw camera is standard when you get the Nav with ML.

The XM is the dealer install option.

To sums it up, this car is what i've been working on in the past 3-4 years. I put the L-tuned exhaust and suspension, a set of Volk GT-C high dish to clear the Supra TT brake, DVD-Nav to play the movie on the Nav screen, the rear veiw camera in the keyhole, the intergrate XM radio from Vaistech and now Lexus got everything that I've been working for in one car. Plus the Bluetooth phone, Smartkey and Plus start bottom....who's gonna make that for my 01 GS?.

Horsepower or 0-60 mph # from the new GS don't bother me a bit, because Atlanta's traffic. You can go as fast as if you want and at the next stop light I will be right next to you or right behind you...lol. I'm wonder, the people that bragging about hp# and such..How many of them really buy the car with the high HP?. If their main concern is the HP#, then those guys won't hang out in CL, because they will go out and buy the new M5 or the AMG S65. I think most of those guys that complaint about the HP are the car magazine's nuts or the Grand Tourimo's kinda guys...
Old 02-23-05 | 08:24 PM
LexFather

Thanks Mike. It was a tough decision, but I'm ready for something new, either next month or six months from now. After I saw the new GS with all the toys....I said to myself " heck yeah".

I drove an 06 GS430 last week and I think the car a little bit quicker due to the 6 speeds and the ECM programming. I know Lexus can tuned their cars the way they wanted, but they're so conservative. I mean the 01 LS430 is the quickest of all compared with the same year GS430 or SC430( any year). Plus the LS430 is a lot more heavier than the GS and the SC, but Lexus managed to make the LS quicker. Then the 04-05 LS with 6 speeds get even quicker.

I don't know how to explain, but with the same engine, same transmission, but put them in difference car and yoy get difference results.

The 06 GS430 got that exhaust sound from the L-tuned( I know it, because my 01 got the L-tuned exhaust) and the handling is almost identical the 2nd gen GS with L-tuned suspension.

The front brake is as big as on the LS430 with 13.1 inch rotors with 4 pistons and a little touch on the pedal is a surprise if you don't prepare. The stock wheels that comes with the car will easily clear most of the aftermarket BKK.

The ML with 7.1 surrond sond with Dolby Digital and DTS is amazing. I mean, this's a home threther in the car with full factoty warranty.

The rear veiw camera is standard when you get the Nav with ML.

The XM is the dealer install option.

To sums it up, this car is what i've been working on in the past 3-4 years. I put the L-tuned exhaust and suspension, a set of Volk GT-C high dish to clear the Supra TT brake, DVD-Nav to play the movie on the Nav screen, the rear veiw camera in the keyhole, the intergrate XM radio from Vaistech and now Lexus got everything that I've been working for in one car. Plus the Bluetooth phone, Smartkey and Plus start bottom....who's gonna make that for my 01 GS?.

Horsepower or 0-60 mph # from the new GS don't bother me a bit, because Atlanta's traffic. You can go as fast as if you want and at the next stop light I will be right next to you or right behind you...lol. I'm wonder, the people that bragging about hp# and such..How many of them really buy the car with the high HP?. If their main concern is the HP#, then those guys won't hang out in CL, because they will go out and buy the new M5 or the AMG S65. I think most of those guys that complaint about the HP are the car magazine's nuts or the Grand Tourimo's kinda guys...
Great points. Yeah the 430s brakes are HUGE, I did not know they were 4-piston. This is good news. And wow, great points about how the car comes with things that many have or want to add to their gen2.

And oh boy do I agree with the last paragraph.
Old 02-23-05 | 08:56 PM
RohithT
Driver School Candidate

I think most of those guys that complaint about the HP are the car magazine's nuts or the Grand Tourimo's kinda guys...
Of course, if one realy wanted to be a snarky jack@$$, one could ask why you went for a GS430 over a GS300, since a GS3 would likely be right next to you at the next stoplight too, but there aren't any of those type of people here, are there?

But, yeah, I don't really get it either. Is it really that noticeable, the difference between 0-60 in 5.7 and in 6.0 seconds? It's rather scary to me that people are wondering whether the new BMW 3 liter engines are underpowered, since they "only" have 258 hp. Since when is 258 hp not enough for a 3400 lb car?! Not that I would complain about 310 like the IS350 is supposed to have, but come on. There's more to a car than raw speed. I love the feel of accelleration as much as the next guy, but after a point it's rather moot. The current 330i and IS300 (as well as the outgoing GS430) are plenty fast. When it comes to me buying a car this fall, what'll get my cash will be the other stuff– how comfortable is the car? what features does it have? How much trunk and passenger space does it have? What kind of mileage does it get? The car that sets itself apart in those categories will get my cash, since every car in the class I'm looking (the IS350/330i/C350/G35/A4 class) at will have enough power to put a smile on my face.
Old 02-24-05 | 07:32 AM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Sorry to see her go, Nuum, but I can't wait to see what's in store for the '06...eventually. It'll be tough for a while, but once the aftermarket develops for the new design, your 2nd gen will be a fond, but distant memory. Beautiful color combination, too. I'll have to make sure to stop in periodically and drool over it.

BTW, it was nice finally meeting you last weekend. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk.

Take it easy, bro, and good luck on your new baby!

Jeff
Old 02-24-05 | 08:55 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Wow Nuum, sorry to hear you sold your baby, but I'm very excited to see you're getting the new GS!! Did you part out the mods or put what you can into the new GS? Glad Lexus is seeing what the aftermarket is doing and going ahead and doing it themselves. It's about time the big manufacturers are getting up to speed. Now, all we need for them to do is offer a turbo for the 300 and supercharger for the 430, heheh.
Old 02-24-05 | 09:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

From all indications (reviews posted on CL), I think you will be very happy with the 3rd gen GS, so it is actually something to look forward to, not something to be sad about!