GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2006 GS with 20's

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-05, 01:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YL06GS,

First off, you are to be applauded for taking the initiative and having the "gonads" to mod the new GS. You also serve as a great template to demonstrate what will / will not work on the new GS. I'm really glad, because this demonstrates that 22's will look just as goofy on the 3rd Gen, as they did on the 2nd. (some of my friends have been bothering me about this topic)

As Neo pointed out, your tires are way overspec, the 245fr and 30series rear tire would be much better. It bothers me that a retailer would sell you wheels and not advise you on tire sizes (some are just "chasing a buck") Your pic also demonstrates that the perceived length increase is just a styling trick (jacking a car up 2' exposes everything!).

I think that wheel design is kind of "bulky" for the new GS. If you want to go a different route with the vehicle, I'd be more than willing to help "pimp your ride" LOL

Good luck and again for modding early.
Old 03-01-05, 05:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
YL06GS,

First off, you are to be applauded for taking the initiative and having the "gonads" to mod the new GS. You also serve as a great template to demonstrate what will / will not work on the new GS. I'm really glad, because this demonstrates that 22's will look just as goofy on the 3rd Gen, as they did on the 2nd. (some of my friends have been bothering me about this topic)

As Neo pointed out, your tires are way overspec, the 245fr and 30series rear tire would be much better. It bothers me that a retailer would sell you wheels and not advise you on tire sizes (some are just "chasing a buck") Your pic also demonstrates that the perceived length increase is just a styling trick (jacking a car up 2' exposes everything!).

I think that wheel design is kind of "bulky" for the new GS. If you want to go a different route with the vehicle, I'd be more than willing to help "pimp your ride" LOL

Good luck and again for modding early.
Werd!!!!!!
Old 03-01-05, 06:10 PM
YL06GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I have mentioned. The pictures do not do it justice. The tires by no means look "Wrong". It fills in the wheel wells nicely. Overall the car in sitting higher than factory, but not noticeable.

The place that did the wheels gave choices, I just picked the wrong (Not Factory) sizes. If I wanted to they would exchange, I am so sure they just wanted me to be happy.

The reason I went with the 343 is it's similarity to the factory GS4 wheel style. I did not want to put on a trendy or racey style wheel that will be out dated with months.

In the near future maybe other and myself with gather, and they will confirm.
Old 03-01-05, 07:21 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YL06GS
Like I have mentioned. The pictures do not do it justice. The tires by no means look "Wrong". It fills in the wheel wells nicely. Overall the car in sitting higher than factory, but not noticeable.

The place that did the wheels gave choices, I just picked the wrong (Not Factory) sizes. If I wanted to they would exchange, I am so sure they just wanted me to be happy.

The reason I went with the 343 is it's similarity to the factory GS4 wheel style. I did not want to put on a trendy or racey style wheel that will be out dated with months.

In the near future maybe other and myself with gather, and they will confirm.
Definately, and remember, the ultimate decision lies with YOU, we only add our opinions, (and you know opinions are like earholes, we all have some!)

More than anything, as I said earlier, we have a template for the 3rd Gen GS
Old 03-01-05, 08:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice, i just saw this. the wheels are good, but like couple others have said, when suspension parts are ready, drop the car, it's soooo warranted. and the car will look so much better as well