GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2007 GS 450h News

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 09:28 AM
LexFather

Default 2007 GS 450h News

Taken from Rockville! Thanks again!
Originally Posted by Rockville
at the New York auto show. It will be a high performance RWD and will not need to have the different bumper as much as the RX400h which is on demand AWD. My estimate of horsepower is in the upper 300's but it might be 350 depending on the capacity of the battery and the Electric Motor/Generator. It will use the torque of the Electric Motor combined with the Horsepower of the 3.5 liter V6 to have an effective performance of a 4.5 liter V8. Space is at a premium in the Gen. 3 GS so I am curious where the battery and the motor/generator will go. It may need to go in the spare tire area which would help weight distribution and require the car to use runflats. It may require some vents for the battery also that might visually distinguish a Hybrid GS. We will all find out when the NY show commences and the North American intro of the IS250/350. We were told in February that the GS450h should come out in May '06 as an early 2007 model.
Dude, you are so correct. Lexus did state the hybrid names come from what the car would perform like as gas only. So it will have 4.5 liter V-8 performance. Wow. Lexus is on a product roll right now between concepts and new vehicles.
LF-S
LF-C
LF-A
New GS 300/430 RWD and AWD
New IS 220/250.350 AWD, RWD auto and Manual
RX 400h
GS 450h
Old 03-02-05, 08:46 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Dude, you are so correct. Lexus did state the hybrid names come from what the car would perform like as gas only. So it will have 4.5 liter V-8 performance. Wow. Lexus is on a product roll right now between concepts and new vehicles.
LF-S
LF-C
LF-A
RX 400h
GS 450h
I am quite interested in what, if anything, Lexus has done to subtly clean up the styling (chrome removal, fender gap removal, black pearl badges, etc...)

Could be very interesting!
Old 03-02-05, 08:57 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Badge delete and Lexus Concept Cars.

One of our customers drove in the other day with their SC430 and it was missing the "L" in the grille. This simple delete made the car more attractive and sporty IMO. The original LS didn't have any model badging. One thing that bothers me about the concept cars we are seeing is the Lexus badge on the front is getting bigger, way bigger. It is distracting to the eye and doesn't have the symmetry of say the big three pointed star on the old SL's and SEC's of yesteryear. I know that it calls attention to the brand but Lexus has always been understated and not loud. The Black pearl badging can blend into the darker shades and have a delete effect and that is a good compromise but I'm with you Mr. Johnson, less is more......
Old 03-03-05, 05:08 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

LF-S
LF-C
LF-A
RX 400h
GS 450h
Since lexus.jp shows "SC" model, it would be safe to expect that some changes will be made to current SC (facelift, engine?) and that it will be then released as SC in Japan.

So even more changes this year!
Old 03-03-05, 05:58 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SC430 undergoes facelift for '06

As usual SPWolf is on top of the latest. This Spring about 200 or so Lexus dealerships will open simultaneously across Japan! The Lexus brand was created for the US Market and that is why in its home country it is thought of as an American brand! Many Japanese buyers believe that Lexus are made in America. There are quite a few large Japanese Companies with Offices here in DC and they are surprised how affordable it is to drive a Lexus while stationed in the States. The Japanese Ambassador purchased an ES300 for his wife's car and I was whisked into a back courtyard at the Embassy and pulled up to a very large reception hall. At first there were a few assistants who welcomed me outside the entrance. As higher and higher ranked officials joined the party everyone started bowing back and forth. Finally the Ambassador and his gracious wife came out too and another round of bowing ensued. I quickly put them behind the drivers wheel and showed them how to set the seat memory etc before another wave of bowing. They invited me into to this room with about a 30 ft. ceiling and a low sofa and coffee table like you would have in your living room and offered tea. They were extremely polite and I was impressed with their kindness to a Gai-jin Lexus Salesman. I left feeling honored and thankful that my profession gives me these opportunities at times......

The 2006 SC430 will have a "refresh" of new dual headlights and pods, new bumpers, new tail lights that will likely use LED's. There will be a new interior called Camel. It will inherit the now familiar six speed transmission. Since wheels make all the difference those too will be revised. Yesterday I looked out the window and saw an Absolutely Red IS300 outfitted with the SC430 stock 18" wheels with the large plate center cap. We are considering taking the 5 spoke 18"s from the new GS430 and putting them on the SC430 as our own "refresh".

Last edited by Rockville; 03-03-05 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-03-05, 06:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockville
Yesterday I looked out the window and saw an Absolutely Red IS300 outfitted with the SC430 stock 18" wheels with the large plate center cap.
The frying pan wheels on the IS? Oh no.
Old 03-03-05, 01:41 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good news Sick, can't wait to see it.