GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

New GS Invoice Prices vs. MSRP - WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05 | 09:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Incendiary
. . . But about your quotation, that's soon to become true, I suppose. Unless Infiniti the brand is going to be sold in Japan as well, but I can't remember if those were just rumors or idle speculation or what.
I wonder if that means the ES will be less-Camryish in the future, or if Toyota will just take a page out of the Ford/GM book.
Ideally, Lexus should get rid of fwd cars & leave them for Toyota's, & make all Lexus cars rwd/awd. But it doesn't make sense for them to do that to the ES now since it is such a big seller for Lexus.
Old 03-09-05 | 10:21 AM
LexFather

Incedirary and Doug look at the attachment
I'm probably on more forums than everyone in this thread combinded And guess what, they are ALL biased to their brand. I think what seperates us from other forums is we actually back our opinions and views up with FACTS, links and info we cut and paste, as well as have actual input from people "inside" Lexus. And many don't like that. I see what other people say on other fourms and they are just mad Clublexus has an actual community feeling and people actually know one another instead of it being just an internet entity. As for the GS forum, compared to any other forum in this class except the 5 on Roadfly, its quite busy. Go to some other forums, its the same mad 4 people hating on this site. And some of them come here and post.

Personally speaking, I've spent hours linking pics and posting info from other forums and company websites and looking for info all over the web so we can FAIRLY compare all the competition. Look at our threads compared to other forums. No where else has near the same information. Look at the views and look at the lurkers. Its amazing and many of us here are glad we can help people make comparisons.

Of course we are biased here, some more than others. But wade through that and clearly, there is tons of solid information here.

Now lets get back to the topic.

In reading the 2 Lexus books out, it seems dealers were treated as a team and not as a liability. Dealers were carefully picked. Dealers turned profits in unheard of time, 2-3 years. This is UNHEARD of in the car biz. Many of those initial dealers that laughed and frowned at Lexus are sad at the oppurtunity missed.
As someone stated, the dark years are called 94-97. No new products, or the new ones didn't really reviatalize the lineup. Some dealers tried to cut out on perks and 1 dealer actually had a sale "called the last Lexus sale". Lexus told them think long term, we have new products on the way. And HELL NO to a sale. That destroys a brand and a luxury car.
As stated, Lexus dealers just invested, near 1 billion dollars to upgrade faciliies to deal with the growth. Here in Atlanta, the new Nalley of Smryna and Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta are state of the art and huge facilities. Funny but Infiniti dealerships are moving into the old Lexus ones As they deal with growth.

Its not like dealers are hogging the money and not pumping it back. Go to other car forrums and many are up in arms with their dealer, especially those that had a Lexus. Acura, your lucky to get a loaner and their dealerships are barely better than Honda ones. Benz dealers, your lucky to get a loaner as well and the answers you want. BMW is the same, even with included maintenance. Lexus dealers are not perfect, people complain here, even I have had issues before with a couple but the issue was always resolved.
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-05 | 10:21 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Rockville
I hope nobody is bashing poor Marc. Since this is a Lexus forum there will always be a bias in favor of Lexus. Overall I'd say it's a lot more objective than say the Mercedes forum which is all about status and prestige it seems. I hardly ever can discuss these subjects with patrons unless we are in the throes of negotiation and that is too late. Thank you again Marc for this excellent thread. It is what makes Club Lexus such an outstanding resource. I'm keeping the Champagne on ice, Marc.
I look at it this way, if you can play the game, you can pay the price, win or lose. This is Club Lexus and of course we will have bias to what we love, own and drive. Power to everyone because i'm pretty sure everyone has learned something of this thread of some or large value.
Old 03-09-05 | 10:26 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Funny but Infiniti dealerships are moving into the old Lexus ones As they deal with growth.
That is certainly true. Infiniti moved to Lexus of Glendale's old facility as well.
Old 03-09-05 | 10:26 AM
LexFather

GSX4 talks about the success of the more expensive Ritz Carlton. Its not just Lexus. Many people are tired or wont put up with pathetic service. Macy's recently has been on a customer service tear, trying to get better at it. I hated going to Macys after I started going to Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. They are just friendly and make you feel valued. If your a cardholder, the perks are worth it. I noticed my shopping habits change.
All of us here go to restaurants. Which one of us goes back to a place we get bad service at all the time? I don't. I complain and never bring my money back if the solution is not satisfactory. No one here is going to buy a home from a builder or realtor that does not make you feel your making a great purchase and your business is valued.

That is why I find it hilarious sometimes, to hear people complain about their car problems and dealer over and over again. Why not change? Why give people your money when they could care less about you. I trust if Lexus came out with the same customer service and quality and dealerships as BMW and Benz back in 1989, Lexus would not be CLOSE to where it is today and be struggling.
Old 03-09-05 | 10:39 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Incedirary and Doug look at the attachment
I'm probably on more forums than everyone in this thread combinded And guess what, they are ALL biased to their brand. I think what seperates us from other forums is we actually back our opinions and views up with FACTS, links and info we cut and paste, as well as have actual input from people "inside" Lexus. And many don't like that. I see what other people say on other fourms and they are just mad Clublexus has an actual community feeling and people actually know one another instead of it being just an internet entity. As for the GS forum, compared to any other forum in this class except the 5 on Roadfly, its quite busy. Go to some other forums, its the same mad 4 people hating on this site. And some of them come here and post.

Personally speaking, I've spent hours linking pics and posting info from other forums and company websites and looking for info all over the web so we can FAIRLY compare all the competition. Look at our threads compared to other forums. No where else has near the same information. Look at the views and look at the lurkers. Its amazing and many of us here are glad we can help people make comparisons.

Of course we are biased here, some more than others. But wade through that and clearly, there is tons of solid information here.

Now lets get back to the topic.

In reading the 2 Lexus books out, it seems dealers were treated as a team and not as a liability. Dealers were carefully picked. Dealers turned profits in unheard of time, 2-3 years. This is UNHEARD of in the car biz. Many of those initial dealers that laughed and frowned at Lexus are sad at the oppurtunity missed.
As someone stated, the dark years are called 94-97. No new products, or the new ones didn't really reviatalize the lineup. Some dealers tried to cut out on perks and 1 dealer actually had a sale "called the last Lexus sale". Lexus told them think long term, we have new products on the way. And HELL NO to a sale. That destroys a brand and a luxury car.
As stated, Lexus dealers just invested, near 1 billion dollars to upgrade faciliies to deal with the growth. Here in Atlanta, the new Nalley of Smryna and Hennessy Lexus of Atlanta are state of the art and huge facilities. Funny but Infiniti dealerships are moving into the old Lexus ones As they deal with growth.

Its not like dealers are hogging the money and not pumping it back. Go to other car forrums and many are up in arms with their dealer, especially those that had a Lexus. Acura, your lucky to get a loaner and their dealerships are barely better than Honda ones. Benz dealers, your lucky to get a loaner as well and the answers you want. BMW is the same, even with included maintenance. Lexus dealers are not perfect, people complain here, even I have had issues before with a couple but the issue was always resolved.
Sorry, Sick, but I see a lot of hypocrisy and blind bias on this forum. And did I see you on mbworld arguing a lot of the same things in favor of the Lexus GS that people here have argued for the RL vs. the GS? Something about complaining that those who were bashing the GS hadn't even test driven it yet, etc.
Old 03-09-05 | 10:59 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Good post 1SICKLEX
I remember the "dark years". Lexus corporate top brass visited the dealerships and asked what did the dealers want to see. I had never seen top brass do anything like that before. They encouraged us and I am GLAD I stayed with Lexus. Now it's the top selling luxury nameplate. The more money dealers spend on their facilites, the more backing you get from Lexus. Extra cars to sell, etc..so everyone's happy. And I agree with you on the customer service part. Sometimes saving an extra buck or two is just not worth the hassle. I pay more for certain luxuries in life, but I always thought it was because I'm in sales. (You know how they say if you worked in a restaurant, you usually tip better?) Nice to see people who share my opinion.
And Club Lexus is a great community!
Old 03-09-05 | 11:14 AM
LexFather

Sorry, Sick, but I see a lot of hypocrisy and blind bias on this forum. And did I see you on mbworld arguing a lot of the same things in favor of the Lexus GS that people here have argued for the RL vs. the GS? Something about complaining that those who were bashing the GS hadn't even test driven it yet, etc.
Its cool, you will see what you want, that is what makes things nice and diverse. I think we have had quite a few quality RL threads and we have given it credit for being the best RL ever but most here feel its not better than the GS. That is where the problem lies

Thanks Liz.

As for MBWorld, I don't see the whole board as awful. Why? I've held a co-meet and met many of those members. Very nice people. I don't go over there stating Lexus is better, if you look, I take peoples posts and add the facts. What an issue there is, many don't know anything about Lexus except its parent is "Toyota", so its inferior. So I slap em with facts.

I don't see Clublexus anywhere near there b/c people here have the facts. And we've slapped those that blatantly put other brands down without stating facts or solid reasons. And for those without them, they can read them here, provided by many incredible members.
Old 03-09-05 | 11:42 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Default Now you have hit my Hot Button....

GSX4 talks about the success of the more expensive Ritz Carlton. Its not just Lexus. Many people are tired or wont put up with pathetic service. Macy's recently has been on a customer service tear, trying to get better at it. I hated going to Macys after I started going to Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. They are just friendly and make you feel valued. If your a cardholder, the perks are worth it. I noticed my shopping habits change.
All of us here go to restaurants. Which one of us goes back to a place we get bad service at all the time? I don't. I complain and never bring my money back if the solution is not satisfactory. No one here is going to buy a home from a builder or realtor that does not make you feel your making a great purchase and your business is valued.

That is why I find it hilarious sometimes, to hear people complain about their car problems and dealer over and over again. Why not change? Why give people your money when they could care less about you. I trust if Lexus came out with the same customer service and quality and dealerships as BMW and Benz back in 1989, Lexus would not be CLOSE to where it is today and be struggling.
I have spent the better part of the last 15 years teaching others how to sell and how to provide customer service, skills that often transcend industries. I have also written tons of letters of complaint (constructive criticism) to hotels, airlines, car rental companies, etc. Friends have said my letters would make an excellent book, both from a teaching perspective and humor.

I am appalled almost every week how people who serve the public do not know how to provide quality customer service. That being said, I value customer service enormously. There is no question, I received much better service with my Lexus than my Infiniti. Some has to do with the brand, and some the individual dealership.

While I am sometimes sorry when a thread of mine goes off-topic, this is not a bad place to roam.....a place near and dear to my heart.

Thanks Rock. though we often disagree, I have a feeling I would like you if you were my neighbor. But, what do I know!
Old 03-09-05 | 11:48 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by marcpitch
I have spent the better part of the last 15 years teaching others how to sell and how to provide customer service, skills that often transcend industries. I have also written tons of letters of complaint (constructive criticism) to hotels, airlines, car rental companies, etc. Friends have said my letters would make an excellent book, both from a teaching perspective and humor.

I am appalled almost every week how people who serve the public do not know how to provide quality customer service. That being said, I value customer service enormously. There is no question, I received much better service with my Lexus than my Infiniti. Some has to do with the brand, and some the individual dealership.

While I am sometimes sorry when a thread of mine goes off-topic, this is not a bad place to roam.....a place near and dear to my heart.

Thanks Rock. though we often disagree, I have a feeling I would like you if you were my neighbor. But, what do I know!
Yeah, I'm with Rock, sorry if I misunderstood your intentions earlier. You started a great thead.
I'm with you, customer service most times, leaves much to be desired. But it seems the American people are almost so comforatble, we just take it and complain in the car but never escalate or try to help the company change or at least see their ways.

Funny, I have been back and forth with Nike the past 3 weeks concerning some of their stores and where they sell their products at. When I posted on the Nike forum (yes there is a Nike forum) I was going to try let myself be heard, I would say 90% of the feedback was I need to let the situation go and that is "just how it is".
Old 03-09-05 | 11:51 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Its cool, you will see what you want, that is what makes things nice and diverse. I think we have had quite a few quality RL threads and we have given it credit for being the best RL ever but most here feel its not better than the GS. That is where the problem lies

Thanks Liz.

As for MBWorld, I don't see the whole board as awful. Why? I've held a co-meet and met many of those members. Very nice people. I don't go over there stating Lexus is better, if you look, I take peoples posts and add the facts. What an issue there is, many don't know anything about Lexus except its parent is "Toyota", so its inferior. So I slap em with facts.

I don't see Clublexus anywhere near there b/c people here have the facts. And we've slapped those that blatantly put other brands down without stating facts or solid reasons. And for those without them, they can read them here, provided by many incredible members.
Don't worry man, I don't see CL as awful. I wouldn't spend the time here that I do if I did. I'm just saying that we all should adhere to Lexus's "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection," and eliminating irrational bias is one way to subscribe to that philosophy. Rational bias, on the other hand, which you claim most here feel, is fine in my books. But I guess sometimes we disagree on how the rational vs. irrational bias is conveyed.
Old 03-09-05 | 11:54 AM
LexFather

Don't worry man, I don't see CL as awful. I wouldn't spend the time here that I do if I did. I'm just saying that we all should adhere to Lexus's "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection," and eliminating irrational bias is one way to subscribe to that philosophy. Rational bias, on the other hand, which you claim most here feel, is fine in my books. But I guess sometimes we disagree on how the rational vs. irrational bias is conveyed.
Agreed. And with that said if your the dude in your avatar, I will shut up now
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-05 | 11:59 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Agreed. And with that said if your the dude in your avatar, I will shut up now
Yeah right. LOL

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146913

I am the exact opposite of my avatar.
Old 03-09-05 | 12:01 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hey, you remembered my post!

Sick, I'm sure if we met in real life, you would feel you never ever had to shut up.
Old 03-09-05 | 04:04 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Agreed. And with that said if your the dude in your avatar.....
Is that the new Lincoln SUV?

Quick Reply: New GS Invoice Prices vs. MSRP - WOW!