GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Car Lounge is loving the GS over its Japanese competiton!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-05 | 01:48 PM
LexFather

Default The Car Lounge is loving the GS over its Japanese competiton!

For those that don't know VW Vortex is one of the largest auto forums on the web, if not the largest. Their "Car Chat" got so big, they made a seperate site for it. Its very active and a great place to vist, like here.
http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=1873562

They are voting for which Japanese sedan, GS, M45 or RL would they buy (and many don't like anything but German cars)

Looking at the poll, the GS really makes an impression
GS= 52% of the votes
M45= 31% of the votes
RL= 15% of the votes

102 votes total so far. Only members can vote, so this can't be linked all over for people to just vote their favorite car.
Old 03-10-05 | 02:25 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
For those that don't know VW Vortex is one of the largest auto forums on the web, if not the largest. Their "Car Chat" got so big, they made a seperate site for it. Its very active and a great place to vist, like here.

They are voting for which Japanese sedan, GS, M45 or RL would they buy (and many don't like anything but German cars)

GS= 52% of the votes
M45= 31% of the votes
RL= 15% of the votes

102 votes total so far. Only members can vote, so this can't be linked all over for people to just vote their favorite car.
That's great

Since you're on so many boards, I bet you're registered already & voted too
Old 03-10-05 | 03:01 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

I loved the picture of the GS the posted, it looks soooo hot at this angle, though it looks like Lexus did a little photoshop to make it look lower or it might be the angle of the pic.

It looks like they accidently posted a picture of the Accord instead of the RL:

Oh wait, that is the new RL
Old 03-10-05 | 03:07 PM
psteng19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

GS= 52% of the votes
M45= 31% of the votes
RL= 15% of the votes

Actually, I'd venture to say most Car Lounge members are pro-Japanese and BMW.
Ironically, most are anti-VW.
Old 03-10-05 | 03:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by psteng19
Actually, I'd venture to say most Car Lounge members are pro-Japanese and BMW.
Ironically, most are anti-VW.
Sexy, I've been registered there for awhile now and met a few members, some have some really nice VWs.

Really PS? I don't post there that often so I'll take your word. I always see anti-Japanese comments mixed in the sea of responses and pro VW/Audi. Its cool, a very good forum.
Old 03-10-05 | 03:59 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

Hey, I started that poll!!

As for the Car Lounge, I have to agree with 1SICKLEX, there is a pretty significant (and very vocal) group of people over there who are Anti-Japanese & Anti-American when it comes to cars. Just because there are those who criticize (rightly so) VW's reliability doesn't mean they are the majority or they have a bias against German cars. The Car Lounge is very pro-VW/Audi. For example, there was a poll started not too long ago with roughly 8 Luxury Sedans in the $50-60k price range and the Audi A6 won by a ton. As good as the new A6 is, I fail to see what's so compelling about it to pick it over some of it's Japanese competition, namely the new M35/45 & GS300/430. I personally have owned 3 German cars (2 VW's and 1 BMW) and after years of dealing with nagging issues I feel it's time for a change of pace. The Japanese have really made advancements in terms ride/handling and interior quality and on top of that they're the most statistically reliable cars on the market.
Old 03-10-05 | 04:43 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwaters

As for the Car Lounge, I have to agree with 1SICKLEX, there is a pretty significant (and very vocal) group of people over there who are Anti-Japanese & Anti-American when it comes to cars. Just because there are those who criticize (rightly so) VW's reliability doesn't mean they are the majority or they have a bias against German cars. The Car Lounge is very pro-VW/Audi. For example, there was a poll started not too long ago with roughly 8 Luxury Sedans in the $50-60k price range and the Audi A6 won by a ton. As good as the new A6 is, I fail to see what's so compelling about it to pick it over some of it's Japanese competition, namely the new M35/45 & GS300/430. I personally have owned 3 German cars (2 VW's and 1 BMW) and after years of dealing with nagging issues I feel it's time for a change of pace. The Japanese have really made advancements in terms ride/handling and interior quality and on top of that they're the most statistically reliable cars on the market.
jwaters, welcome!! Glad to have you around here. Yeah, I agree with you as well.
Old 03-10-05 | 06:11 PM
psteng19
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jwaters

Yeah, that usually happens when that particular thread gets linked from another VW forums (i.e. esp. the MKIV forums).