GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Carsdirect target pricing (FL potential owners look here!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 12:55 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carsdirect target pricing (FL potential owners look here!)

Based on a forum, outside clublexus that was posted - i did some investigation. On carsdirect, they show you the MSRP, the invoice (who knwos if it is real or not) and target price. The target price by thier defnition is what mst ppl are right now being able to buy the GS before taxes and fees, basically the negotiated price (like edmunds true market value price). If you put in a florida zipcode, they show you a target price for a totally base GS300 of MSRP 43, 550 (including destination charge), to be

$42, 045 !! Thats 1500 OFF msrp!! Is this site forreal? I put in my zipcode and it shows me msrp for target price.

Can this be true? Already in florida ppl are able to buy a GS 1500 off msrp?? Put in a zipcode of 32011 and youll see.

Can someone explain this more to me? Can soemoen actually be able to buy a new GS for that much off already?
Old 03-11-05, 01:06 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Based on a forum, outside clublexus that was posted - i did some investigation. On carsdirect, they show you the MSRP, the invoice (who knwos if it is real or not) and target price. The target price by thier defnition is what mst ppl are right now being able to buy the GS before taxes and fees, basically the negotiated price (like edmunds true market value price). If you put in a florida zipcode, they show you a target price for a totally base GS300 of MSRP 43, 550 (including destination charge), to be

$42, 045 !! Thats 1500 OFF msrp!! Is this site forreal? I put in my zipcode and it shows me msrp for target price.

Can this be true? Already in florida ppl are able to buy a GS 1500 off msrp?? Put in a zipcode of 32011 and youll see.

Can someone explain this more to me? Can soemoen actually be able to buy a new GS for that much off already?
Maybe you should contact CarsDirect and find out for us.
Old 03-11-05, 01:37 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Just got off the phone with a carsdirect rep. IT IS TRUE!!!!

Carsdirect does business with most states around the country and works with dealers for models and makes of vehicles. They do business with certain states that have dealers willing to set a negotiated price and then people are able to buy those vehicles at those negotiated prices. For example...

right now if you put in zipcode 32110 you will nto see target price..but a "CARSDIRECT PRICE"

Target price only means that right now you can expect to negotiate to buy the car for that much. It does not allow you to be able to buy the car for that price necessarily. But if you see the title "carsdirect price" , you can buy the vehicle through carsdirect.com for that actual price!! you fill out the form and request with the model and options, etc...and then they verify the information and then ask for proof showing resdiency for the state. Once that is done, the car can be picked up at the dealer and signed off. Thats all. Again, if it just says target price, it shows the market value pricing...and if it says that instead of carsdirect price you can expect to go to a dealer and be able to negotiate the car at that price. And if you see carsdirect price given for the zipcode you provide, it shows you a category underneathe that says "save with carsdirect!" with a green continue button. That means you accept that carsdirect price and can buy the car through them.

that means that you can buy that car for that much , and for the GS300 purposes the price is 42,045,, which is 1500 below MSRP!!! theres no gimmicks, catches or anything. You have to provide proof of state residency, and florida is one of the states that carsdirect does businss with. Lexus dealerships there agreed to have the negotiated price. If you live outside the region and wish to purchase the car from the state that has a good negotiated price, and want to buy it online thru carsdirect, rememebr it must say "carsdirect price"...and when you decide u want to buy online, you wont be abel to becasue you need to provide proof of residency from the state - as cardirect doesnt do business with some states because of the fact that dealers dont want to have a negotiated price..and want to charge MSRP. Tx, wy and a few others are some that the lady told me. CAli, florida nad most of the US are though that carsdirect works with. But off course, if you put in a zipcode and shows the TARGET price...you can by all means expect to go to a dealer and be able to negotiate that price and can buy it directly thru them, and have it shipped to you.

Once more, to clarify confusion The carsdirect price (if it actualyl shows u that) shows a price that is lower than the MSRP that you can buy the car for online thru carsdirect.

for zipcode 32110, it shows you target price 42,045!!! and so u can buy it directly online from carsdirect. (It basically allows u to buy the vehicle for that exact price..if u like it) By all means you can go to a florida dealer and see how much he is willign to discount, but it he says 1000 dollars off and thats it, well u might as well buy it thru carsdirect cuz they are cheaper. Thats 1500 off MSRP already thru carsdirect price right now. There is really no waiting. You just wait till the car comes in with hwo u want - from how u specify in the order form and thats it!

Florida ppl own!
Old 03-11-05, 01:44 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm so pissed. Not a single dealer in my state deals with carsdirect.com. I can't get any deals I hate this MSRP crap and often even mark up crap we have to deal with here.
Old 03-11-05, 01:45 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

I plugged in 97223 for a fully loaded GS430 and the target price was equal to the MSRP.
Old 03-11-05, 01:49 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

That means in your area, the dealer is going to ask MSRP. its market value pricing for yoru area. If it says "carsdirect price", it would give you a price and that price would be less than the MSRP. becasue of negotiated pricing carsdirect has with the dealers in the state for the different makes and models.

Mst ppl will be unlcuky as you wont find a plae with more than a 500 dollar discount.
Old 03-11-05, 01:53 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JHStrange
I plugged in 97223 for a fully loaded GS430 and the target price was equal to the MSRP.

Just depends on the dealer \ area cars direct works with.... but the site does work
Old 03-11-05, 01:54 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

ZIP 11758 has CARSDIRECT price ...... for a gs430 it is 500 below MSRP!
Old 03-11-05, 02:00 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just got off the phone with a carsdirect rep. IT IS TRUE!!!!

Carsdirect does business with most states around the country and works with dealers for models and makes of vehicles. They do business with certain states that have dealers willing to set a negotiated price and then people are able to buy those vehicles at those negotiated prices. For example...

right now if you put in zipcode 32110 you will nto see target price..but a "CARSDIRECT PRICE"

Target price only means that right now you can expect to negotiate to buy the car for that much. It does not allow you to be able to buy the car for that price necessarily. But if you see the title "carsdirect price" , you can buy the vehicle through carsdirect.com for that actual price!! you fill out the form and request with the model and options, etc...and then they verify the information and then ask for proof showing resdiency for the state. Once that is done, the car can be picked up at the dealer and signed off. Thats all. Again, if it just says target price, it shows the market value pricing...and if it says that instead of carsdirect price you can expect to go to a dealer and be able to negotiate the car at that price. And if you see carsdirect price given for the zipcode you provide, it shows you a category underneathe that says "save with carsdirect!" with a green continue button. That means you accept that carsdirect price and can buy the car through them.

that means that you can buy that car for that much , and for the GS300 purposes the price is 42,045,, which is 1500 below MSRP!!! theres no gimmicks, catches or anything. You have to provide proof of state residency, and florida is one of the states that carsdirect does businss with. Lexus dealerships there agreed to have the negotiated price. If you live outside the region and wish to purchase the car from the state that has a good negotiated price, and want to buy it online thru carsdirect, rememebr it must say "carsdirect price"...and when you decide u want to buy online, you wont be abel to becasue you need to provide proof of residency from the state - as cardirect doesnt do business with some states because of the fact that dealers dont want to have a negotiated price..and want to charge MSRP. Tx, wy and a few others are some that the lady told me. CAli, florida nad most of the US are though that carsdirect works with. But off course, if you put in a zipcode and shows the TARGET price...you can by all means expect to go to a dealer and be able to negotiate that price and can buy it directly thru them, and have it shipped to you.

Once more, to clarify confusion The carsdirect price (if it actualyl shows u that) shows a price that is lower than the MSRP that you can buy the car for online thru carsdirect.

for zipcode 32110, it shows you target price 42,045!!! and so u can buy it directly online from carsdirect. (It basically allows u to buy the vehicle for that exact price..if u like it) By all means you can go to a florida dealer and see how much he is willign to discount, but it he says 1000 dollars off and thats it, well u might as well buy it thru carsdirect cuz they are cheaper. Thats 1500 off MSRP already thru carsdirect price right now. There is really no waiting. You just wait till the car comes in with hwo u want - from how u specify in the order form and thats it!

Florida ppl own!

I KNEW there was something good about living in Florida other than the weather!
Old 03-11-05, 02:35 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

zip 32110. for a 2006 GS300 with ALL OPTIONS INCLUDING precollision system...

MSRP is 53065

CARSDIRECT PRICE IS 49752.

THATS more than a 3000 dollar DISCOUNT!!!! and already?!?!?!?!?! if you lie in florida and buy thru carsdirect.com!!!!
Old 03-11-05, 02:38 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Yep. Carsdirect is the real deal. Some people at my dealership have used it to purchase their new cars. They may save a little bit, they may not. Usually customers compare prices. They get a print out of the CarsDirect price and sometimes bring it with them to see if they can negotiate an even lower price. If they cant, then they purchase through CarsDirect. A few days later they come back to the dealership and pick up their car. I remember when my bro was shopping for a new Solara 2 years ago, the CarsDirect had a price that was below invoice, which was outstanding. So, we brought that paper in, and as you know, they went a few bucks lower than CarsDirect.

Good luck though. I usually check them out when I want to get a price quote or something. Pretty reliable, however I havent figured out how they work out the used car deals. Some of the deals seem kinda sketchy.
Old 03-11-05, 02:41 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

No such luck in NC zip 28277 GS300, GS430, Acura RL all come up at full msrp.
Old 03-11-05, 02:45 PM
LexFather

I edited the title so people in Florida bite this thread.
Old 03-11-05, 05:12 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Flipside..1sick.....what do u guys think?????. fully loaded GS300 INCLUDING Precollision system, for 49,752 for buyers in florida....

is that a deal or what?!?!?!?
Old 03-11-05, 05:21 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

You have to provide proof of state residency, and florida is one of the states that carsdirect does businss with.
I was born in Florida... does that count?

Absolutely no discount on the GS430 still, however. Guess the 430 is meant to be more exclusive.

Quick Reply: Carsdirect target pricing (FL potential owners look here!)