GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

new GS commercial

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 05:01 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new GS commercial

Can anyone post a link that has the different GS commercials playing on TV? I have not seen ANY of the commercials. Ive heard sumthing about a black GS that looks AMAZINGLY HOT with the tourmaline rims with an iceberg climber? And another commercial of a silver GS which also looks

Id really like to see all the commercials running...can someone please help??????

Thanks
Old 03-24-05, 05:52 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love all the Lexus commercials...Saatchi & Saatchi plus Team One Advertising are doing a great job!!!

And lucky for you I just found a site with 2 of the new GS commercials!!! A 3rd ad, with the black GS in a snowscape, is not yet there.

But the 'diver' and 'topkapi' ads are there...I like the latter especially because the music and black GS are really amazing!!!

http://www.tvadvideos.com/html/compa...company=Lexus&
Old 03-24-05, 06:21 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

hey thanks for posting the site! NICE commercials! But I didnt see the iceberg one..i want to see that and the one with the black GS with tourmaline rims..iv heard the music and look of the black gs are AWESOME!!!

Ahh can someone please post the link if you have it?

thanks
Old 03-24-05, 06:30 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigma354
I love all the Lexus commercials...Saatchi & Saatchi plus Team One Advertising are doing a great job!!!

And lucky for you I just found a site with 2 of the new GS commercials!!! A 3rd ad, with the black GS in a snowscape, is not yet there.

But the 'diver' and 'topkapi' ads are there...I like the latter especially because the music and black GS are really amazing!!!

Wow...nice commercial site... The two GS's looks stunning in them. Thanks!
Old 03-24-05, 06:43 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354

WOW !! That's awesome thanx for the link
Old 03-24-05, 06:58 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the link enigma. I absolutely love all the new GS commercials. They really sell the push button start in the commercials
Old 03-24-05, 07:03 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Apparantly some media critics don't like the irrelevant first part too much (and I kinda agree).
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/a..._id=1000846579
Old 03-24-05, 07:32 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm wondering if the ads will create as memorable an impression as the 2nd gen GS ads...

...remember the line 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' and the wall of fire that the GS comes through?

Personally I like the 3rd gen GS ads, because they are more 'smooth' and 'sleek' in style, but perhaps more subtle.

And FYI I have searched the web far and wide for Lexus TV ads...it's an obsession of mine. Still looking for the 1990 LS 'champagne glasses on hood' ad...
Old 03-24-05, 07:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Apparantly some media critics don't like the irrelevant first part too much (and I kinda agree).
http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/a..._id=1000846579
I think the part they don't like is when the car appears . . .
This 30-second spot for Lexus has 15 very interesting seconds and 15 rather dull ones, so it's far better than the norm. Unfortunately, the 15 dull seconds are the ones that display and talk about the car. The first half of the spot shows a woman in black leather cat-burglar getup, lowering herself by wires from a domed ceiling as if to commit a spectacular heist. Instead, she uncovers what's marked as the start/stop button for an engine. And, of course, she pushes it. Up to this point, the spot has been visually striking and suspenseful. The pushing of that darn button, though, launches us into 15 seconds of perfectly competent but perfectly ordinary car commercial—a car zooming along a road, accompanied by pulsing music and portentous-sounding voiceover. "
I like them in their entirety, the new GS looks good in motion

Last edited by Gojirra99; 03-24-05 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-24-05, 07:37 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

http://www.tvadvideos.com/html/comp...?company=Lexus&

great link man ...i as looking for those commercials.....

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/...t_id=1000846579

Oh man...this is what we call human nature...criticize everything thats anything.
Old 03-24-05, 07:45 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think the part they don't like is when the car appears . . .

I like them in their entirety, the new GS looks good in motion
"Unfortunately, the 15 dull seconds are the ones that display and talk about the car."

LOL you're right!! I totally misread it.

Still, I prefer a commercial that's all about the car, but that's just me, and that doesn't mean I dislike the two GS commercials--I love them!
Old 03-24-05, 10:15 PM
Trexus

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Those were awesome commercials and the website is pretty cool too.
Old 03-25-05, 05:56 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

I think the launch ads were fine. But let's see what Lexus does in the coming months. Infiniti is going to do a big push in April and BMW will launch the 3-series.
Old 03-25-05, 06:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by L-Finesser
I think the launch ads were fine. But let's see what Lexus does in the coming months. Infiniti is going to do a big push in April and BMW will launch the 3-series.
Yeah, I like the ads too. The best part to me is they have the exhaust loud, even before the guy starts speaking. Many times, I have the T.V blasting in another room and all I hear is "vrrrrrrrrrom" and I know it is a GS commercial.

I finally have seen a couple M35/45 ads. All I remember is the orange paint brush they seem to use.
Old 03-25-05, 06:42 PM
L-Finesser
Rookie

Haven't seen much TV. But I saw a mini brochure in Car and Driver or Road and Track that was pretty cool. Nice photograhy and yes, that "brush stroke." It's a conistent theme.

Quick Reply: new GS commercial