GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS Editions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-05, 07:28 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Editions

As was the case with the second generation GS that carried a Platinum edition in 2000, and SportDesign Edition in 2002 and 2003, when and what edition will be available on the new GS, do u guys think? and wut do u think it will entail?

thanks
Old 03-24-05, 10:05 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Well those packages happened a few years after initial launch. If we ever do see a Platinum, Coach, Sport Design, Touring editions and etc, it will be a few years from now.
Old 03-24-05, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm..... i don't think we will see it soon, coz' the car is still so new and it's selling by itself already. no need for special edition to boost sales yet
Old 03-24-05, 10:24 PM
SPUDMTN
Rookie

I think it would be good if Lexus brought back Coach edition vehicles. The growing popularity of this brand would be good for both Lexus and Coach.

Did Coach edition vehicles ever actually use Coach leather on the interior? If not, I think it would be pretty cool to have Coach leather inserts on the seats or on the steering wheel and shift ****. Striclty their buttery smooth leather would be nice--none of their gaudy signature print. And use the same wood inserts as they have in the past...I always have liked the look of birdseye maple

As for me knowing anything...HA ! Just wishful thinking
Old 03-24-05, 10:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
I think it would be good if Lexus brought back Coach edition vehicles. The growing popularity of this brand would be good for both Lexus and Coach.

Did Coach edition vehicles ever actually use Coach leather on the interior? If not, I think it would be pretty cool to have Coach leather inserts on the seats or on the steering wheel and shift ****. Striclty their buttery smooth leather would be nice--none of their gaudy signature print. And use the same wood inserts as they have in the past...I always have liked the look of birdseye maple

As for me knowing anything...HA ! Just wishful thinking
actually, all the coach editions they DID use all leather from coach
Old 03-24-05, 11:09 PM
SPUDMTN
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
actually, all the coach editions they DID use all leather from coach
Very cool...didn't know this. I always thought it was a marketing ploy: get a coach edition, and get a Coach travel bag. I've never had the opportunity to check out a Coach edition interior before...

...but for those who have, how does it compare to standard Lexus leather?
Old 03-24-05, 11:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by SPUDMTN
Very cool...didn't know this. I always thought it was a marketing ploy: get a coach edition, and get a Coach travel bag. I've never had the opportunity to check out a Coach edition interior before...

...but for those who have, how does it compare to standard Lexus leather?
that's a good question, i wanna know too

i remember back then when they had the coach edition on the ls400 and the es300, they stressed that the leather is from coach. i was like wow.....
Old 03-25-05, 12:07 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

Lexus has got to step up and offer a SPORT edition GS3/4. All the other cars in this class have Sport editions for E class, 5 Series, M35/45, A6, STS.

I don't understand why Lexus doesnt have it.
Old 03-25-05, 12:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Lexus has got to step up and offer a SPORT edition GS3/4. All the other cars in this class have Sport editions for E class, 5 Series, M35/45, A6, STS.

I don't understand why Lexus doesnt have it.
the new IS is going to have sport package i believe (or so i heard), so we will see
Old 03-25-05, 05:09 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

RMNG makes a good point. All of its competitors have a sport package except the RL. I feel lexus does need to offer it and I think they defnitely will in a year or two years. However, the sales on the new GS are outstandning as of right now with no incentive or special finance/lease offers on the car that they dont need to offer anythign extra. However I also feel that had they launched the cqar WITH an available sport package of soem sort or special edition, their sales will boost up even more, for every sport or special edition would be booked for the year or even next year as well! Its the hottest selling car on the market right now. They probably will start out with the intrudction of certain special/sport packages sometime over the next year or so. Makes sense.
Old 03-25-05, 05:33 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
RMNG makes a good point. All of its competitors have a sport package except the RL. .
In a weak way the RL will have a sports package just like the TL called the A-Spec. Now, this does nothing for engine performance, but it does offer stiffer springs rates, a slightly lowered stance, better breaks, larger rims, and a very expensive factory body kit. From a handling point it helps a bit, but not quite in the same league as BMW type sport packages.

Technically you are still correct though because Acura hasn't officially released the RL A-Spec package yet.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 03-25-05 at 05:36 AM.
Old 03-25-05, 11:28 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
the new IS is going to have sport package i believe (or so i heard), so we will see
They better make it possible to switch off the VDIM for the IS350, sport package or not.
Old 03-25-05, 11:57 AM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus just seems very slow to step to the plate
but when they do step up they do it right!
Old 03-25-05, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AmethySC
They better make it possible to switch off the VDIM for the IS350, sport package or not.
haha that depends on how "rationalized" they are though, and we all know that they are trying but still catching up
Old 03-25-05, 01:47 PM
LexFather

I can see a Sport Design (SD) not sure of the other partnerships as the other cars haven't used it in awhile.

Quick Reply: GS Editions