GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

From USA Today : Lexus GS falls short of Infiniti M (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 01:27 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LiquidBlue
If you are insinuating that Infiniti is not a reliable nameplate, you are quite mistaken. It's always at the top of the list as far as reliability is concerned (as i'm sure you already know). All dramatics aside, i don't know anyone who would call any Infiniti vehicle a "quality control nightmare".
Go ask the QX56 owners that, and they'll tell you the problems they've had. You can do a simple search on the internet and you will see the queries that come up.The first generation Q45 was a quality nightmare period along with low resale value amongst its compeitors and it's so-so reliability. Transmission failure was the biggest one. I did not say Infiniti is not a quality nameplate. Don't twist my words around like you are trying to do with every opportunity you get. It's an uphill battle for you my friend, you're not fooling anyone.

Do you need more reference? Here you go...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156297

Old 03-28-05, 01:36 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Go ask the QX56 owners that, and they'll tell you the problems they've had. You can do a simple search on the internet and you will see the queries that come up.The first generation Q45 was a quality nightmare period along with low resale value amongst its compeitors and it's so-so reliability. Transmission failure was the biggest one. I did not say Infiniti is not a quality nameplate. Don't twist my words around like you are trying to do with every opportunity you get. It's an uphill battle for you my friend, you're not fooling anyone.

Do you need more reference? Here you go...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156297

Ok, now go fetch the list that shows the "Infiniti" dependability study. I don't see "Infiniti" anywhere on that list. Nor do i see Lexus for that matter. The first generation Q45?? You mean the one that came out in 1989?? It's 2005, who cares about what happened 16 years ago? In 1989, MB was the most reliable car in the world.. what a difference 16 years makes, yes?
Old 03-28-05, 01:48 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well as soon as Infinti stops using Nissan cupholders then I'll take another look.
Old 03-28-05, 01:49 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Ok, now go fetch the list that shows the "Infiniti" dependability study. I don't see "Infiniti" anywhere on that list. Nor do i see Lexus for that matter. The first generation Q45?? You mean the one that came out in 1989?? It's 2005, who cares about what happened 16 years ago? In 1989, MB was the most reliable car in the world.. what a difference 16 years makes, yes?
Who cares what happened 16 years ago? Wow you are ignorant. How can you base quality and dependibility on a nameplate or vehicle new for 2005? The big picture here is, Lexus tops the vehicle dependibility/quality rankings for a luxury nameplate.

Here's more food for thought. Where's Infiniti or Nissan for that matter? I put the necessary parts in bold just for you.

http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases...asp?ID=2004037
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. continues to be the highest-ranking corporation in IQS, with seven models receiving awards—the most of any corporation. Toyota is followed in the corporate ranking by American Honda Motor Co. and Hyundai Motor America in a tie, and by BMW of North America, respectively. While General Motors Corporation, DaimlerChrysler and Ford Motor Company continue to demonstrate product improvement, all three continue to rank below the industry average.

Lexus set a new IQS record with its Lexus SC 430, which is the best-performing model in the IQS history, scoring just 44 PP100. Lexus remains the top-ranked nameplate, despite a 14 percent decline in initial quality, with four models receiving awards. Lexus is followed in the nameplate rankings by Cadillac, Jaguar, Honda, and Buick and Mercury in tie, respectively.

http://www.jdpa.com/studies_jdpower/...ID=860&CatID=1
2004 Vehicle Dependability Study: Awardees

Award Recipient
Most Dependable Compact Car Toyota Corolla
Most Dependable Compact Pickup Ford Ranger
Most Dependable Compact Van Honda Odyssey
Most Dependable Entry Luxury Car Lexus ES 300
Most Dependable Entry Luxury Sport Utility Vehicle Lexus RX 300
Most Dependable Entry Midsize Car Chevrolet Malibu
Most Dependable Entry Sport Utility Vehicle Honda CR-V
Most Dependable Full-Size Car Chrysler Concorde
Most Dependable Full-Size Sport Utility Vehicle Chevrolet Tahoe
Most Dependable Full-Size Van No Award
Most Dependable Heavy-Duty Full-Size Pickup GMC Sierra
Most Dependable Light-Duty Full-Size Pickup Ford F-150
Most Dependable Midsize Luxury Car Lincoln Town Car
Most Dependable Midsize Sport Utility Vehicle Toyota 4Runner
Most Dependable Premium Luxury Car Lexus LS 430
Most Dependable Premium Midsize Car Toyota Avalon
Most Dependable Premium Sports Car Honda S2000
Most Dependable Sporty Car Toyota MR2 Spyder
Keep trying...that hill climb is getting steeper for you.
Old 03-28-05, 02:06 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Hmmm where's Infiniti on this chart? Gee it's tied #8 with Toyota. I find it intriguing a non-luxury name plate is tied with a "luxury" nameplate. This is exactly what you were looking for right LiquidBlue?

http://www.jdpa.com/news/releases/pr...asp?ID=2004037
Old 03-28-05, 02:19 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Who cares what happened 16 years ago? Wow you are ignorant. How can you base quality and dependibility on a nameplate or vehicle new for 2005? The big picture here is, Lexus tops the vehicle dependibility/quality rankings for a luxury nameplate.
yet as the title of this thread states, the "Lexus GS falls short of Infiniti M"... hmm, go figure
Old 03-28-05, 02:21 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Hmmm where's Infiniti on this chart? Gee it's tied #8 with Toyota. I find it intriguing a non-luxury name plate is tied with a "luxury" nameplate. This is exactly what you were looking for right LiquidBlue?

http://www.jdpa.com/news/releases/pr...asp?ID=2004037

so? Infiniti is still above industry average.. wasn't that your point in the first place?? That Infiniti was below industry average?? Well, you were mistaken as you have pointed out by your chart.
Old 03-28-05, 02:25 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

so? Infiniti is still above industry average.. wasn't that your point in the first place?? That Infiniti was below industry average?? Well, you were mistaken as you have pointed out by your chart.
No my point in the first place was to tell you that you have only based your statements on pure opinion and ignorance...and this is why:

If you are insinuating that Infiniti is not a reliable nameplate, you are quite mistaken. It's always at the top of the list as far as reliability is concerned (as i'm sure you already know). All:
I thought you just said Infiniti was at the top of the list? You like to twist words around in your favor don't you? As far as i'm concerned, #8 is no where near at the top. Sure it's above average, but it's not #1, face it, deal with it. It's reality.

If you insist that Infiniti is such a great nameplate, why do you list a 1995 LS400 on your profile? A 1995 Q45 wasn't good enough for you? Never did I say Infiniti is below average. I will state what I said clearly, and you can scroll up to verify this:

I did not say Infiniti is not a quality nameplate. Don't twist my words around like you are trying to do with every opportunity you get. It's an uphill battle for you my friend, you're not fooling anyone.

Last edited by flipside909; 03-28-05 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-28-05, 02:27 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

If you are insinuating that Infiniti is not a reliable nameplate, you are quite mistaken. It's always at the top of the list as far as reliability is concerned (as i'm sure you already know).:
so? Infiniti is still above industry average..
From 'top of the list' to 'still above average' is quite a shift, my dear Infiniti salesman. The general consensus is not that Infiniti is below average, but that its reliability is somewhat spotty, particularly due to a weakness in its SUV's. Just read Consumer Reports, or as the JD Power results indicate...INFINITI = TOYOTA. Not quite where you'd like to be, for a 'top of the list' Japanese luxury make. Now perhaps TOYOTA should be complimented for reaching Infiniti standards .
Old 03-28-05, 02:33 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Originally Posted by enigma354
From 'top of the list' to 'still above average' is quite a shift, my dear Infiniti salesman. The general consensus is not that Infiniti is below average, but that its reliability is somewhat spotty, particularly due to a weakness in its SUV's. Just read Consumer Reports, or as the JD Power results indicate...INFINITI = TOYOTA. Not quite where you'd like to be, for a 'top of the list' Japanese luxury make. Now perhaps TOYOTA should be complimented for reaching Infiniti standards .
LOL. I'm sorry, but isn't Toyota supposed to be known for their reliability? If Infiniti is tied with Toyota, then doesn't that make Infiniti just as reliable as the company that is known for reliability?
Old 03-28-05, 02:35 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

^^^
You bet. Reliability for the 'average' car. When it comes to luxury, that's in another stratosphere.

Oh wait, Nissan was the WORST Japanese manufacturer in the recent Consumer Reports survey. No wonder that Infiniti is at the level of 'average' car Toyota, and right next to MB, BMW, and Audi.
Old 03-28-05, 02:37 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

LOL. I'm sorry, but isn't Toyota supposed to be known for their reliability? If Infiniti is tied with Toyota, then doesn't that make Infiniti just as reliable as the company that is known for reliability?
Well Toyota is better off than Infiniti's parent company Nissan, who is WELL below average. That says alot right there when your parent company is not even worth mentioning.
Old 03-28-05, 02:39 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

No my point in the first place was to tell you that you have only based your statements on pure opinion and ignorance...and this is why:

I thought you just said Infiniti was at the top of the list? You like to twist words around in your favor don't you? As far as i'm concerned, #8 is no where near at the top. Sure it's above average, but it's not #1, face it, deal with it. It's reality.

If you insist that Infiniti is such a great nameplate, why do you list a 1995 LS400 on your profile? A 1995 Q45 wasn't good enough for you? Never did I say Infiniti is below average. I will state what I said clearly, and you can scroll up to verify this:
I said Infiniti was at the top of the list, implying that it is one of the most reliable cars in the world, which it is. Everyone knows this to be fact, except for a few Lexus fanatics who like to pretend otherwise and try to convince others that it's not.

And i list a 1995 LS400 on my profile because that is the car i currently own. I would love nothing more than to trade it in for a new Q45, believe me. This car puts me to sleep. It has the worst handling and the loosest steering of any car i have ever driven. I like the leather seats though.
Old 03-28-05, 02:42 AM
LiquidBlue
Rookie

Well Toyota is better off than Infiniti's parent company Nissan, who is WELL below average. That says alot right there when your parent company is not even worth mentioning.
You know on this study, it shows Scion practically dead last in initial quality. Who makes Scion again? i forgot
Old 03-28-05, 02:46 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Nissan's luxury make is not at the top of the list at the most recent JD Power survey...and it hasn't been at the top of the list consistently either. It has also not won any award in the JD Power survey. And Infiniti has a spotty record in Consumer Reports.

Not to mention Scion was #1 this year in Consumer Reports.

And too bad for you there are far more Lexus fanatics whom know which is the #1 most reliable car make in the world, for each Infiniti fanatic who tries to pretend to be a usurper to the throne and obfuscates, manipulates, and relies on innuendo to bring one make down to make the other look good.

Quick Reply: From USA Today : Lexus GS falls short of Infiniti M (merged threads)