GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

The Detroit News Lexus/Infiniti faceoff

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-05, 09:12 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called longo and ITS TRUE!!!!! im going there this weekend to by the car and drive it home hopefully. They told me 1500 bucks off of the GS300RWD requires no negotiation. They said i can opt out for about 2000-2500 because it is VERY possible! DAM THAT IS A GOOD DISCOUNT!
Old 03-31-05, 09:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by marcpitch
Yes, it's true. I looked at my map of the US and there are 50 total. It took about an hour for the discounts I mentioned to be confirmed.

Those who paid MSRP: Please don't punish the messenger. If you had been a little more patient you would have gotten some money off - only if you were in non-California states, however. Enjoy your GS's - according to a number of publications it is the 2nd best car around.
Marc, no kidding? I'm glad you know there are 50 States. Did you know only 48 of them are contiguous? I was speaking for California only hence I did not say nationwide.

As for your last comment. It's only provoking. Don't start.
Old 03-31-05, 09:50 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default GS430 waiting list

Oh, and those people who said the GS would be at MSRP all year. They are already wrong. Discounts at various places on a loaded 430 are $2,000 plus......after all that leaves at least $6,000 of profit for the dealer. You remember, we went over the whole gutsy pricing move on the 2006 GS.....That was my 2nd 100+ post thread!
I do not know of any Lexus dealership in California that is discounting on the GS430 right now. We still have a waiting list. And I can tell if any other neighboring dealership are discounting or not. Simply because there are no GS430's available to sell. We would start having "cancelled" orders if customers were flocking to buy elsewhere, but our list is growing. I know you are hoping the GS430 market drops so you can buy one, but it's not happening anytime soon. The car is simply too hot. I WORK at a Lexus dealership and I can'y even buy one for less than MSRP.
Old 03-31-05, 09:59 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

The red one on ebay is a GS430. IT HAS been titled before and was brought back and traded after 3 weeks, so it is considered a used car. It has 500 miles on it. Fully laoded. The sticker on the car was 59,200 or close to that. The reserve he is asking is 56,000. It IS a dealership in florida.

Thats 3000 off of MSRP guys. If you said you would do somehting TODAY to him, he would probably take off 1000 dollars more im sure.
Old 03-31-05, 10:01 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by genearch
My sisters husband's brother knows a guy who's girlfriend's brother's business partner got $2000 off
LOL....hit the nail right on the head!
Old 03-31-05, 10:01 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Thats 3000 off of MSRP guys. If you said you would do somehting TODAY to him, he would probably take off 1000 dollars more im sure.
It's a used car. It's discounted for a reason. New car MSRP doesn't apply to used vehicles.
Old 03-31-05, 10:10 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
The red one on ebay is a GS430. IT HAS been titled before and was brought back and traded after 3 weeks, so it is considered a used car. It has 500 miles on it. Fully laoded. The sticker on the car was 59,200 or close to that. The reserve he is asking is 56,000. It IS a dealership in florida.

Hmmm...if it is indeed a used car, then that should clarify why the price is lower than a new. Plain and simple.
But it happens to say "new" in the ad, so I'm guessing it was a demo car. Dealers get a price break below our invoice on demos when selling them to help offset the miles used, wear and tear, etc. Still not a completely brand new car, now it makes sense why you thought that.
Old 03-31-05, 10:11 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
I do not know of any Lexus dealership in California that is discounting on the GS430 right now. We still have a waiting list. And I can tell if any other neighboring dealership are discounting or not. Simply because there are no GS430's available to sell. We would start having "cancelled" orders if customers were flocking to buy elsewhere, but our list is growing. I know you are hoping the GS430 market drops so you can buy one, but it's not happening anytime soon. The car is simply too hot. I WORK at a Lexus dealership and I can'y even buy one for less than MSRP.
Liz, Flip and I already established that there are 49 other states. I imagine that you have sold enough Lexus' to afford travel outside of CA. It was wel-documented in posts about a month ago while I will not be getting a GS430. There were two 'deal-breakers' and no need to go into here.

I will, however, own an M45 Sport by the end of the year and perhaps by July. I just can't decide on black, silver, or Umbria Grey. Liz, which color do you like?
Old 03-31-05, 10:16 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hope i don't get bashed for saying this, but i did get 1200+ off my new 430, all i said is that i wanted to know if i could get ANY discount for being a repeat customer, and they said hold on a minute and came back with that. i would have been fine paying msrp, but was happy i at least asked b/c they knocked off some money as courtesy. i also got a new set of black floor mats as courtesy, which would have run me about 175-200 if i bought from the parts department.

there are obviously circumstances that dictate whether or not discounts are available. repeat customer, threatening to go to BMW next door, etc, etc. the fact is, if a dealer has a long wait list for any car, you are probably not going to get a discount from that dealer b/c they have backups waiting for those cars. on any given day, you could walk into another dealership that has the motivation to sell for whatever reason - perhaps the salesman is one car away from making his monthly bonus and will eat the 500 bucks, you just never know. so no matter where you are in the U.S., just ask, you have nothing to lose anyway. if you wanted the car at MSRP (which i did), then any extra is just a bonus! if you don't want it @ msrp, then that's a whole different ball game...
Old 03-31-05, 10:20 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Default Discount in CA....Say it ain't so......

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i hope i don't get bashed for saying this, but i did get 1200+ off my new 430, all i said is that i wanted to know if i could get ANY discount for being a repeat customer, and they said hold on a minute and came back with that. i would have been fine paying msrp, but was happy i at least asked b/c they knocked off some money as courtesy. i also got a new set of black floor mats as courtesy, which would have run me about 175-200 if i bought from the parts department.

there are obviously circumstances that dictate whether or not discounts are available. repeat customer, threatening to go to BMW next door, etc, etc. the fact is, if a dealer has a long wait list for any car, you are probably not going to get a discount from that dealer b/c they have backups waiting for those cars. on any given day, you could walk into another dealership that has the motivation to sell for whatever reason - perhaps the salesman is one car away from making his monthly bonus and will eat the 500 bucks, you just never know. so no matter where you are in the U.S., just ask, you have nothing to lose anyway. if you wanted the car at MSRP (which i did), then any extra is just a bonus! if you don't want it @ msrp, then that's a whole different ball game...
Case Closed!

Oh, but wait. Did the car have more than 4 miles on it? Then, it is considered pre-driven. Still no GS430 discount sighting in CA.
Old 03-31-05, 10:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I will, however, own an M45 Sport by the end of the year and perhaps by July. I just can't decide on black, silver, or Umbria Grey. Liz, which color do you like?
Good for you Marc. Glad you found the right car for you.

Last edited by flipside909; 03-31-05 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-31-05, 10:26 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Liz..that dealership with the Red GS430 told me the guy who bought it traded in his ferrari, and then 3 weeks later traded the GS430 back for the ferrari! He said it has been titled before, and the car was out of the dealership for three weeks before the gentleman bought it back. It was not a demo car. It was sold brand new.

Anyway, I still think if it has 500 miles on it that its a dam good price at 56,000 which is what the guy is staying firm on. its fully loaded and a GS430! He said the new car warranty would apply - THAT PART doesnt make sense to me. If it a used car - which it is technically speaking, the warranty for the certified warranty should kick in taking it to 100K miles.

Overall, i think that the car is an EXCELLENT BUY for anyone who wants GS430 fully loaded and likes that interior exterior color. A discount like that - you are looking at at least 5-6 months MINIMUM - maybe not even that - and ud be lucky if ppl brought back any 06 GS to trade in, right?

Consider this GS430 a bargain priced vehicle - im not goign to buy it as it is away from my league - but still I know there are ppl who are waiting like crazy to get one. Who cares if it has been titled? Its only got like 500 miles on it! Its a brand new car in my eyes. If you buy a brand new car and drive it out - youve already lost like a lot of money on it. Why not only spend 3-4K less and get this car (for ppl looking into a GS430! lol) and one that has only got 500 miles and is free froms cratches and everything is solid! And it is a lexus dealer so he will stand behind the car.

Its a VERY ggood deal for a GS430, is what im saying..lol
Old 03-31-05, 11:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by lexuslover
Yeah you have a special circumstance. You are a repeat customer of the dealership you brought your vehicle from, and you did trade in your 2nd Gen GS for the new one correct? A dealership is likely to give you a break on your purchase since you have bought from them in the past. And you still have 2 other Lexus' in your garage to show for it. My point is if any ordinary new customer were to come to a Southern California Lexus dealership ( I did not mention the whole country), they wouldn't be able to offer you any incentives or discounts like you received. The situations are different for everyone but for the average buyer, they would not get a discount on a brand new 2006 GS430.
Old 03-31-05, 11:28 AM
marcpitch
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yeah you have a special circumstance. You are a repeat customer of the dealership you brought your vehicle from, and you did trade in your 2nd Gen GS for the new one correct? A dealership is likely to give you a break on your purchase since you have bought from them in the past. And you still have 2 other Lexus' in your garage to show for it. My point is if any ordinary new customer were to come to a Southern California Lexus dealership ( I did not mention the whole country), they wouldn't be able to offer you any incentives or discounts like you received. The situations are different for everyone but for the average buyer, they would not get a discount on a brand new 2006 GS430.
Nice save Flip! However, that does not explain why Liz at Longo cannot even get a discount on a GS430. ANY purchase has its inherent idiosyncracies and some buyers would rather pay more money than risk being laughed at. How about just admitting you may have overstated your case about NO discounts in CA.

Only this week I learned that 2 hours away from me in NY there is a dealer discounting M45's $1,500. Speaking with local Philly dealers, I would have thought this unattainable. With a little research and the willingness to be laughed at, one could save thousands on the GS or the M.

On another note, it is a crying shame when a poster has to worry about being flamed for giving the details of a deal he got on the forum's beloved car.
Old 03-31-05, 11:41 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On another note, it is a crying shame when a poster has to worry about being flamed for giving the details of a deal he got on the forum's beloved car.
don't get me wrong, i LOVE the GS (this is my 3rd one!), and i just can't deal with infiniti's looks unfortunately. and of course i am biased towards lexus, as you can tell by my name. but hey, i try to be be fair whenever posting, good or bad. i know that you are buying the M, and congrats on that. but it'd be nice you wouldn't rain on everyone's parade after the fact. it doesn't change the way they feel about their new cars anyway, so it's pretty safe to say you're just trying to get a rise out of the lexus lovers on this forum.

Quick Reply: The Detroit News Lexus/Infiniti faceoff