GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Pick your favorite DVD.....
Terminator 2
7.69%
Gladiator
28.21%
Italian Job
7.69%
Mission Impossible
5.13%
Independence Day
2.56%
Pirates of the Caribbean
7.69%
The Transporter
2.56%
Aliens (yes part II)
0%
Star Wars Episode II
2.56%
Finding Nemo
5.13%
The Incredibles
10.26%
Other (please specify)
20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Best DVD (Movie) to play in new GS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 11:00 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best DVD (Movie) to play in new GS?

Following the Lexus motto of the "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection", I am in search of the perfect DVD to demo in the 2006 GS. I already have a Mark Levinson promotional cd I use in the cd player, but I am looking for THAT movie which will blow your socks off in a demonstration .

Which movie do you think will BEST show off this incredible system? If you choose "other", then please post the title of the movie you think kicks butt over the others I listed. Much thanks to Rominl for helping come up with the idea! (And I expect to see you again this weekend with DVD in hand.)

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 04-05-05 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 11:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahaa, so do i get to vote as well?

this is going to be fun
Old 04-05-05, 11:21 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I was going to put OTHER as in LGW EOS v.2 Stevens Creek Lexus
Old 04-05-05, 11:21 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Rominl, of course you get to vote. But I know which you voted for because you suggested that one. You are biased....
I also now know which movie to show when you come back this weekend!

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 04-05-05 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-05-05, 11:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Rominl, of course you get to vote. But I know which you voted for because you suggested that one. You are biased....
I also now know which movie to show when you come back this weekend!
nop, not biased, coz' you didn't vote for the ones i suggested

and you voted for the one i suggested
Old 04-06-05, 05:31 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO, I voted for the Incredibles. That is the cartoon super hero one right? My reason is as a Home Theater enthusiasts, movies in the car are nowhere near what a half decent home system can do at this time. I personally would rather show off something fun that the kids and family could enjoy in a car theater system since I would not be impressed with tsomeone trying to show off one of the good showcase DVDs in the car. I would probably be surprised (Maybe not since I had aftermarket DD/DTS in my car for a while) but I know I would compare it to my old Meridian Digital Home Theater or the demos in my friends Home Theater shop and would come away disappointed. If you do a nice family movie like Incredibles or Finding Nemo, or Shrek, it would show its inteneded purspose which I believe is family entertainment.

But, if you think the Lexus system is capable enough and wont show any of its weakness if there are any, how about Jurrasic Park? Let's see how the ML subs handles the stomping of the Dinosours. Or you can try Days of Thunder and see of the race cars circle around the GS? If the cars sound like it is circling outside the GS the system is pretty decent.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-06-05 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-06-05, 09:18 AM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose gladiator since the surround could be really cool when it goes to the colloseum. Hearing the cheering in the back would be pretty cool while the fighting goes on in the front. When I was buying a home theater, many places I went to used that as the demo DVD.

BUT..... If I wanted to rock, I would throw in a Linkin Park concert DVD like Collision Course. My son just bought it .
Old 04-06-05, 10:10 AM
longjohn
Rookie

Default Jurassic Park

Gotta agree with CK6Speed. The Mark Levinson would handle this with no problem and there would leave no doubt what the system could do.

Whatever you do, don't choose "The Italian Job". The customer would end up buying a Mini

Last edited by longjohn; 04-06-05 at 10:11 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 04-06-05, 10:48 AM
sixfour
Driver School Candidate

how about Saving Private Ryan...just make sure no kids are in the car at the time
Old 04-06-05, 11:01 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Default Logic to my Choices

Okay, so some of the movies I listed you guys are thinking, What the....? Some of these movies I already own. (i.e. Italian Job, Pirates, T2). I was thinking of a movie with a good opening sequence so I don't have to fast forward to the middle of the DVD (i.e. Jurassic Park). I thought of Nemo and Incredibles because of the digital effects and they are both "family friendly". It was hard to sift through my DVD collection, most of my stuff is chick flicks. Lost in Translation, Sweet Home Alabama, etc....I do have the first 2 Star Wars and Empire ones, but I thought it should be something more digitally advanced. Saving Private Ryan is a fantastic movie, but the opening sequence on the beach is a somber one. I just rented The Incredibles and boy, was I impressed with all the new technology they put into that! The more I think about it, the more I think it should be The Incredibles. It won't offend anyone, big or small.
Old 04-06-05, 11:12 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Following the Lexus motto of the "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection", I am in search of the perfect DVD to demo in the 2006 GS. I already have a Mark Levinson promotional cd I use in the cd player, but I am looking for THAT movie which will blow your socks off in a demonstration .

Which movie do you think will BEST show off this incredible system? If you choose "other", then please post the title of the movie you think kicks butt over the others I listed. Much thanks to Rominl for helping come up with the idea! (And I expect to see you again this weekend with DVD in hand.)
The Incredibles is a great choice for family, play the "Jack Jack Attack" on the bonus disc,
a great short 4 minutes movie for demo

As for adults, I suggest "The Matrix" and fast forward to the part where they start shooting in the elevator lobby

wow.....DVD movies on ML system........now I want a new GS
Old 04-06-05, 11:18 AM
cal_alum98
Lead Lap

Star Wars Episode II?! Ugh... That would chase me away from the car.

My vote goes for the original Star Wars trilogy. Suitable for the entire family and great sound effects. I want to hear the clashing of light sabers!
Old 04-06-05, 01:04 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well then, if you want a good opening scene that you don't have to FF how about the old favorite Top Gun?
Old 04-06-05, 01:41 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Thumbs up The Best of the Best

Ahhh, Top Gun, a classic. I think I have that on VHS somewhere. I'd have to go and buy that one in a DVD. I'd rather stick with a newer movie, one that can show off some digital special effects and heart thumping sound. You guys had some great suggestions, thanks a bunch.

But now I am thinking I might have to have my friends over for "movie night" in addition to getting the right DVD to play in the GS demonstration!
Old 04-06-05, 02:04 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Ahhh, Top Gun, a classic. I think I have that on VHS somewhere. I'd have to go and buy that one in a DVD. I'd rather stick with a newer movie, one that can show off some digital special effects and heart thumping sound. You guys had some great suggestions, thanks a bunch.

But now I am thinking I might have to have my friends over for "movie night" in addition to getting the right DVD to play in the GS demonstration!
Top Gun has just been remastered to DTS. Nothing like the flyby to kick the sub off.

Quick Reply: Best DVD (Movie) to play in new GS?