GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My Lexus Experience...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 12:50 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Lexus Experience...

My Lexus Experience. I have none..and that's exactly my point. Where is it?

I ordered a 2006 GS300AWD glacier frost/ash grey fully equipped. Dealer says one month for delivery. Supposedly that color is "too popular". He can't get fully equipped in any other color for me either. He keeps throwing other cars at me. Keeps trying to get me to buy the one without nav/lev. I MUST HAVE NAV/LEV !!! I made that clear first thing when I walked in. Then, when I made clear I must have 18 inch tourmaline rims, he says to me "We are not customizing right now. We are selling cars as is. The moment we receive them, we sell them as is because the car is too popular (that "popular" word is used alot) and they're selling too fast. Just tell me the 2 color choices and I will get in touch with you when it becomes available."

WTF??????

So what exactly is the Lexus Buying Experience? If it means the sales doesn't pay attention to MY needs and wants. What does it mean?
Old 04-22-05, 12:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
My Lexus Experience. I have none..and that's exactly my point. Where is it?

I ordered a 2006 GS300AWD glacier frost/ash grey fully equipped. Dealer says one month for delivery. Supposedly that color is "too popular". He can't get fully equipped in any other color for me either. He keeps throwing other cars at me. Keeps trying to get me to buy the one without nav/lev. I MUST HAVE NAV/LEV !!! I made that clear first thing when I walked in. Then, when I made clear I must have 18 inch tourmaline rims, he says to me "We are not customizing right now. We are selling cars as is. The moment we receive them, we sell them as is because the car is too popular (that "popular" word is used alot) and they're selling too fast. Just tell me the 2 color choices and I will get in touch with you when it becomes available."

WTF??????

So what exactly is the Lexus Buying Experience? If it means the sales doesn't pay attention to MY needs and wants. What does it mean?
Well this is disapointing but as a consumer, you have options. Rockville is on the EastCost, I would contact him here so he can take care of you.
All dealers try to sell what is on the lot first. But what I would do is complain if your not satisfied. I'd complain to the manager, then to his manager then call Lexus customer service if you are not satisfied. They are DEAD serious to fixing the problem by calling the number.
Old 04-22-05, 12:57 PM
GS3-03
Driver School Candidate

i would call lexus customer care. hopefully this will help resolve the issue.
could by wrong, it may be different if you have not own the vehicle yet vs. you've already own one.
maybe some one else who knows more could help out.
Old 04-22-05, 01:08 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well this is disapointing but as a consumer, you have options. Rockville is on the EastCost, I would contact him here so he can take care of you.
All dealers try to sell what is on the lot first. But what I would do is complain if your not satisfied. I'd complain to the manager, then to his manager then call Lexus customer service if you are not satisfied. They are DEAD serious to fixing the problem by calling the number.
Looking up rockville right this moment and dialing. Thanks