GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

?? for Glacier Frost people

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 01:01 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?? for Glacier Frost people

These questions are mainly targeted at Glacier Frost owners. Those who have seen Glacier Frost in person can add their 2 cents as well though.

I have only seen the glacier frost on 2 different showroom floors (indoors) and both under different lighting and they looked entirely different both times. Therefore, I am having second thoughts about taking delivery on a glacier frost. Maybe you can help me.

Be HONEST now.

1. Describe the glacier frost on a bright sunny day? ona cloudy day? at night?

2. What kind of comments have you been getting from people on the color? +/- both please.

3. Now that you have glacier frost, do you ever wish (even if for just a passing moment) you chose a different color? If so, which color?
Old 04-22-05, 01:09 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Describe the glacier frost on a bright sunny day? ona cloudy day? at night?
Bright day is the best...it looks white, but right when the sun hits it there's the blue pearl comes out. On a cloudy day the car looks off-white, greyish, w/ a blueish tinge. at night, the car looks white

2. What kind of comments have you been getting from people on the color? +/- both please. everyone loves the color esp when they see the hint of blue

3. Now that you have glacier frost, do you ever wish (even if for just a passing moment) you chose a different color? If so, which color? if i had to pick another color, i'd go w/ the black or straight pearl white, but i'm happy w/ my glacier frost.
Old 04-22-05, 02:05 PM
my06GS300
Rookie

Default Glacier Frost

Well, I live in LA and there are many sunny and hot days here. This is one of the reasons I do not buy dark color cars. The Glacier Frost is gorgeous and one can appreciate it’s color when it is next to a white color car. Light color is also a safe color; it is more visible than black or gray mica. It is easier to clean than black or blue. In any case you should buy color that YOU like.
Old 04-22-05, 03:24 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

We looked at this both inside the showroom and outside next to both a white and silver on an sllightly cloudy day. Inside it looked very nice, particularly with that blue tint. Outside it looked like a light gray which didn't appeal to us.
Old 04-22-05, 10:31 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Yeah thats what I noticed also. I saw it twice indoors under different lighting. It looked like a gray-white (boring) under one type of light and under the other light it looked silver with very slight blue hint (this looked more appealing).

I havent been able to see this car outdoors yet.
Old 04-24-05, 09:02 PM
rcodey
Driver School Candidate

Warnock Lexus in Livingston had one in their outdoor lot this week.It's been there for a few weeks.If you make it to Nj on a sunny day you can take a look.
Old 04-26-05, 06:58 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Default glacier frost at a dealership/

heres one i caught at a local dealaer
Attached Thumbnails ?? for Glacier Frost people-000_0631.jpg  
Old 04-26-05, 07:00 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

a frontal view. (it was halfway inside a shaded area)
Attached Thumbnails ?? for Glacier Frost people-000_0634.jpg  
Old 04-26-05, 07:01 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

a side angle view
Attached Thumbnails ?? for Glacier Frost people-000_0640.jpg  
Old 04-26-05, 07:04 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

frontal side picture.

I think the color is just ok to be honest. To me - it looks a little awkward of a muscular car such as this withan array of differenet colors of blues, pinks and grays shining from it. Makes it a little fruity, so to speak.
Attached Thumbnails ?? for Glacier Frost people-000_0639.jpg  
Old 04-26-05, 10:44 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wouldn't say it's "fruity" at all... yesterday i was parked outside one of my favorite lunch spots, and in the course of about 40 minutes, 3 separate groups of guys all stopped and gawked at the car, putting their paws all over the windows to peer in and walking around it multiple times. and another time my husband and i were heading out of the mall w/ windows down and these two dudes said, "that thing is bada**".

the GS is a bada** car no matter what color it is - even that powder blue 450h at the NY show is appealing to many guys. so far glacier frost has been reported by quite a few men on CL. sure it looks different from all angles, but that's part of the appeal. it is very sparkly and is often mistaken for white or silver depending on the day. on cloudy days it's not quite as "sexy", but thankfully for me there are so few cloudy days anyway. plus, most colors tend to look more drab on cloudy days!

and in response to BlkBuzzard - i don't regret the glacier frost decision; my #1 choice was GF/ash. #2 was matador red/black, which i saw yesterday while taking my RX for service, and it certainly was very pretty, but again, from certain angles, looked a little orangish to me. the other thing was that the color made the car looked a little more bulbous than the glacier, something about the color really brings out the rear and the hips on the GS (maybe the lack of contrast from taillights?). plus, my priority this time was low maintenance. i can't bear to see swirls or spots anymore. the bottom line - i have yet to see a GS that i thought was "gross" - they all look fantastic to me, totally a matter of personal preference for color and maintenance. btw, congrats on the quartz shadow/cashmere if that is what you end up getting; QS looks to be pretty rare so far!
Old 04-26-05, 02:20 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Thanks Lexuslover. Well today I walked into the showroom again...to take a good hard look at the GF/Ash combo and at the QS/Cashmere combo.

The GF was indoors and I actually love how it looks in the shade. That mute gray I think is really hot.

The QS was outdoors as a test drive model. It looked sweet also. I finally made up my mind and told him to switch me back to GF/Ash for a few reasons.

1. My G35 coupe was a twilight blue which is near to the Blue Onyx and it was a pain in th a** to maintain. So GF is a no brainer here.

2. The GF/Ash gray has a dreamy look to it. Hard to describe as eveyrone says but to me its like an optical illusion. It sort of appears bigger and more spacious even though its not.

I told my salesperson to switch the colors back for me and he said I have till Monday to make up my mind. So I hope I wont change my mind again. Silver is a pretty low maintenance, "safe" color also. But I think GF is right for me.
Old 04-26-05, 10:17 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Unquestionably the ugliest color in chardonnay pearl..lol

I dotn think ANY car on the road is that color. Its not a yellow or a gold.

As much as the new GS is nice.. what in the world were they thinking coming out with an UGLY a$$ color liek that?!?!

A dealer in Arizona is giving his chardonnay RWD GS base pkg for 1800 over invoice. lol

What does that tell u?
Old 05-31-07, 03:33 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

haha, haven't seen any chardonnay pearl either...
Old 05-31-07, 04:19 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think this color only belongs on bathroom walls.
i've always thought so.

Quick Reply: ?? for Glacier Frost people