GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

NEW Car Mileage??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-05, 11:28 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Car Mileage??

When buying a new car and taking delivery...how many miles should be on the odometer?

Also what else should I check when taking delivery? Before signing and before driving off dealers lot?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions...
Old 04-30-05, 11:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Depends on your region and port. anywhere from 1 mile to 7 miles is what you would normally see on an car that has gone through the port and run through dealership PDI.
Old 05-01-05, 05:31 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would check for any scratches or dents....once you take delivery, you're on your own with fixing these things.

I would also check for the accessories....floor mats, trunk mats, etc....making sure no one borrowed these from your car.
Old 05-01-05, 12:59 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Alright, I am typing up a list of Do's and Don't to take with me on day of delivery so I remember everyones suggestions.

Thanks
Old 05-01-05, 03:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

do you get mats with car? I thought thats extra fee... Some dealers might give it away, but mats, first aid, etc, come as preffered packaged at some >$200.

I have seen brand new cars up to 50 miles, that one probably got tested at factory... Usual mileage is up to 10 miles... I wouldnt be too woried as long as it is under 100 miles.
Old 05-01-05, 03:36 PM
bigzip
Driver

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
When buying a new car and taking delivery...how many miles should be on the odometer?

Also what else should I check when taking delivery? Before signing and before driving off dealers lot?
There were 27 miles on mine when I took delivery.

You might want to check your AM radio reception, I took mine back because the reception was weak. The service manager called the Lexus tech people and found out that they were aware of a problem. Turned out to be connection problem between the amplifier and the antenna.
Old 05-01-05, 03:59 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by spwolf
do you get mats with car? I thought thats extra fee... Some dealers might give it away, but mats, first aid, etc, come as preffered packaged at some >$200.

I have seen brand new cars up to 50 miles, that one probably got tested at factory... Usual mileage is up to 10 miles... I wouldnt be too woried as long as it is under 100 miles.
100 miles is alot!! Where the hell they take a brand new car thats 100 miles in distance? I would buy a NEW car if it has 100 miles but they would have to discount it. I wouldnt buy it as NEW with 100 miles at or near MSRP.
Old 05-02-05, 09:33 AM
osx-addict
Driver

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard
100 miles is alot!! Where the hell they take a brand new car thats 100 miles in distance? I would buy a NEW car if it has 100 miles but they would have to discount it. I wouldnt buy it as NEW with 100 miles at or near MSRP.
Mine had about 65 on it when I got it with the claim that they have a partnership with a dealer in another part of the region that they frequently trade with. Not completly sure I believe them, but other than that, I found nothing wrong with the vehicle outside of a 1/4" long hairline scratch on the gas door which they happily fixed prior to vehicle p/u. Just make sure that EVERYTHING looks good on the vehicle, no scratches, dents, everything is functioning properly, etc.

I also got the mats, first aid kit, trunk mat,etc... Personally (and slightly off topic), I'd love to find a suitable mat that sits on top of the standard mat since my tan mats are going to look filthy in no time flat.. I tried carpet runner material for a house and find that it doesn't work too great in practice (slides around) -- any suggestions, please send me a PM..
Old 05-02-05, 09:58 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by osx-addict
Mine had about 65 on it when I got it with the claim that they have a partnership with a dealer in another part of the region that they frequently trade with. Not completly sure I believe them, but other than that, I found nothing wrong with the vehicle outside of a 1/4" long hairline scratch on the gas door which they happily fixed prior to vehicle p/u. Just make sure that EVERYTHING looks good on the vehicle, no scratches, dents, everything is functioning properly, etc.

I also got the mats, first aid kit, trunk mat,etc... Personally (and slightly off topic), I'd love to find a suitable mat that sits on top of the standard mat since my tan mats are going to look filthy in no time flat.. I tried carpet runner material for a house and find that it doesn't work too great in practice (slides around) -- any suggestions, please send me a PM..
Its very true. I used to work for a Volvo Dealership during my winter and summer breaks and we did dealer swaps quite often. If another dealership has a car that we dont have in stock and it fits the customers criteria, then we would swap them for that car and give them a car that they might need or want. Your car might have been swapped from another dealership. Sometimes we would drive upwards of 200 miles just to get the car the customer requested and delievered on time. Just about every dealership does it. Just check the car over before you walk out and everything should be fine. My dealership(the Volvo dealership) also always averaged about 15-25 miles on brand new cars because all new cars were PDI'ed and fully Detailed before delievery at another location 10+ miles away.
Old 05-02-05, 10:00 AM
bigzip
Driver

Originally Posted by osx-addict
Personally (and slightly off topic), I'd love to find a suitable mat that sits on top of the standard mat since my tan mats are going to look filthy in no time flat.. I tried carpet runner material for a house and find that it doesn't work too great in practice (slides around) -- any suggestions, please send me a PM..
I found clear rubber mats at "Pep Boys". They fit good but don't form around the AWD hump.

You can also find them at http://lexus-parts.com/
Old 05-02-05, 10:04 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigzip
I found clear rubber mats at "Pep Boys". They fit good but don't form around the AWD hump.

What AWD hump?
Old 05-02-05, 10:06 AM
osx-addict
Driver

Cool.. I wonder if the pep-boys mats might fit better on an RWD car (not sure if they're different in the hump area as I've never seen an AWD version).. I was trying to go on the cheap, but perhaps the black rubber all-weather mats might be what I'm looking for -- at least the floor won't get wet on those really wet days
Old 05-02-05, 10:13 AM
bigzip
Driver

Mine are clear and would be a perfect fit for the GS300 RWD. Only $20.00
Old 05-02-05, 10:16 AM
osx-addict
Driver

Mine are clear and would be a perfect fit for the GS300 RWD. Only $20.00
What model are they for -- are they specifically for the GS300 or something else? Also -- I'm going to assume they aren't for the 2006 version either -- perhaps the <=2005 models?
Old 05-02-05, 10:53 AM
bigzip
Driver

They were just generic, I found on the rack and took a chance that they would fit.

Quick Reply: NEW Car Mileage??