GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

wifey & i looked at"my"gs300 dissappoint

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-05, 06:47 AM
jyg es3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default agree car is over price& underpowered

Originally Posted by purebliss
I def hear that about the BMW engine. I know for sure my Lexus doesn't sound like my BMW engine or have the power that my BMW has. However my Lexus is so plush where the bmw is kinda of rough inside. I guess their is pro's and cons to everything! However being a 2 time GS owner I am on the fence with this new one. I am first going to see the AWD 530xi which will be here the first week of June maybe you should take a look at that before you go for the GS. I think the new GS is complety overpriced! For that money I think they are going to lose a lot of their customer to E class or 5 series. Espically with the limted power they are offering in the 300. I keep thinking if this car had a lot of power I would be sold. But the power lacking is def a big thing to me.
that is another concern, Bigger engine is available, it will be in the is 350 very soon. Aslo there is$6000 profit in this car , dealer makes out, we overpay.
Old 05-13-05, 07:07 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

1Sick my uncle has Blackwood in his E55.
Old 05-13-05, 07:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Yes, & even the regular E class with the amg sports package comes with black wood trim too.
I do think the new GS has the best quality & best designed interior in it's class though.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 05-13-05 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-13-05, 08:13 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually agree with jyg es3. I think the new GS interior looks kind of cheap compared to the previous GS. The majority of the dash borad is covered in that leather-looking vinyl and frankly it looks plain and cheap. I would like to see wood on the 'vertical' surfaces on the doors and the dash area. Currently all the wood is on 'horizontal' surfaces and the effect is not very luxurious. But I guess that's preferential. I have also heard other owners complain about the high pressure pump making more noise than desired. Some also complain the hood feels flimsy when you lift it, compared to the previous GS. Then there is the huge markup you have to pay now. And last but not least, we all know more powerful engines are coming in a year. By then, the GS will be more powerful and likely cheaper to buy. He is obvious well-informed and his concerns are totally rational.

Last edited by BrickHead; 05-13-05 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-13-05, 09:02 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jyg es3
that is another concern, Bigger engine is available, it will be in the is 350 very soon. Aslo there is$6000 profit in this car , dealer makes out, we overpay.
If you think the dealer is not giving a good deal maybe try elsewhere? We had a very detailed thread in the Lexus pricing and Rockville gave us tons of insight as to pricing.

Originally Posted by GammaLex
1Sick my uncle has Blackwood in his E55.
U know when I was typing that I figured Benz offered it, they have tons of wood/leather options, thanks.
Old 05-13-05, 09:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BrickHead
. . .I think the new GS interior looks kind of cheap compared to the previous GS.
That's certainly a very different and very minority opinion. My impression of most comments I've read here agree the new GS's interior is a significant improvement over the 2GS, including many 2GS owners, & I agree with them too. The 3GS interior looks & feel higher quality & more expensive compared to the 2GS IMO.
Old 05-13-05, 09:38 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by jyg es3
What do you expect? It's a business. Dealerships are not in the business to give every single customer their cost. If that was the case, the whole world would never advance. We'd go into a big hole.
Old 05-13-05, 10:30 AM
SYROB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
What exactly are you disappointed about...I guarantee from the inside its barely noticable.....Now thats disappointment.
Noise bothers me also...
SYROB
Old 05-13-05, 10:32 AM
SYROB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AmethySC
....The 3GS interior looks & feel higher quality & more expensive compared to the 2GS IMO.
Disagree, the older interior was higher quality..

SYROB
Old 05-13-05, 10:55 AM
jyg es3
Driver

Default thank you

Originally Posted by BrickHead
I actually agree with jyg es3. I think the new GS interior looks kind of cheap compared to the previous GS. The majority of the dash borad is covered in that leather-looking vinyl and frankly it looks plain and cheap. I would like to see wood on the 'vertical' surfaces on the doors and the dash area. Currently all the wood is on 'horizontal' surfaces and the effect is not very luxurious. But I guess that's preferential. I have also heard other owners complain about the high pressure pump making more noise than desired. Some also complain the hood feels flimsy when you lift it, compared to the previous GS. Then there is the huge markup you have to pay now. And last but not least, we all know more powerful engines are coming in a year. By then, the GS will be more powerful and likely cheaper to buy. He is obvious well-informed and his concerns are totally rational.
Seems other share my concerns
Old 05-13-05, 01:12 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SYROB
Disagree, the older interior was higher quality..

SYROB
I also agree the former gs300 had a hgher quality interior. The new gs interior, especially in black looks cheap
Old 05-13-05, 01:57 PM
gs430jw
Pole Position

You guys have no idea what you’re talking about. My black interior is what I like most about the car. Comparing the interior to 2nd Gens is just funny. Also when I hear Infiniti drivers saying that Lexus interiors are cheap I take it as a compliment
Old 05-13-05, 02:07 PM
gs430jw
Pole Position

If you think this looks cheap I have no idea what to tell you
Old 05-13-05, 02:11 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gs430jw

If you think this looks cheap I have no idea what to tell you
As I' ve observed personally in this forum & the people I know who have seen &/or own both old & new GS, that the new GS 's interior looks cheaper than the old is definitely a minority opinion, but that's OK, not everyone is going to agree on the same thing, like not everyone is going to prefer Lexus cars over other brands . . .
Old 05-13-05, 02:29 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gs430jw
You guys have no idea what you’re talking about. My black interior is what I like most about the car. Comparing the interior to 2nd Gens is just funny. Also when I hear Infiniti drivers saying that Lexus interiors are cheap I take it as a compliment
I agree with you about the interior. Coming from a 2nd gen I like the 3rd gen interior much better. The leather seems much softer and a better grade. I also like the stitching on the console. My only downside with the 3rd gen black interior is the color of the wood. I hate the red tone it has. Its the same as the 2001-2003 LS430 UL. Black came with that rosewood. I dont see why you cant order it anyway you want it. I really want black interior with blackwood. I can always get the wood dipped or get the ash interior and add black inserts and change the seats to suede. The only other thing that I would add to the interior is some chrome or brushed aluminium rings around the speedo cluster like the 2nd gen and some more wood to the glove box door. Also change out the shift **** to a sc430 style with all wood.

Quick Reply: wifey & i looked at"my"gs300 dissappoint