GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

wifey & i looked at"my"gs300 dissappoint

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 05:41 PM
jyg es3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy wifey & i looked at"my"gs300 dissappoint

at dealer, WE are both a bit dissappointed. Condensation in both lights. Dealer does not know how to fix, will replace lights, but does not know the specifics, , Grey interior is nice black" wood " looks like cheap plastic, Dash is very plain, with cheap vinyl look. Lift hood with car running and you hear clicking of high pressure pump. Certainly not lexus "pursuit of perfection", Also no discount of car with 6k profit in it, /Repeat Lexus buyer,wifey has es300"".So what we got lots of people who want it."Dealer sales manager has same car" use lights water burns off" Gee can't they seal lights right?

Last edited by jyg es3; 05-12-05 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 06:08 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

What exactly are you disappointed about???

Did u not see the blackwood in person before u bought the car?......IMO it looks excellent.
The engine makes noise when u lift the hood?..... No way, really?
I guarantee from the inside its barely noticable.

As far as the headlights - IMO no car is perfect, especially a first year production, even if it is Lexus.

I suggest u visit mbworld.org and some bimmer forums, and read their horror stories of cars that are a few days old and not working.......Now thats disappointment.
Old 05-12-05, 06:10 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jyg es3
at dealer, WE are both a bit dissappointed. Condensation in both lights. Dealer does not know how to fix, will replace lights, but does not know the specifics, , Grey interior is nice black" wood " looks like cheap plastic, Dash is very plain, with cheap vinyl look. Lift hood with car running and you hear clicking of high pressure pump. Certainly not lexus "pursuit of perfection", Also no discount of car with 6k profit in it, /Repeat Lexus buyer,wifey has es300.So what we got lots of people who want it.Dealer sales managerhas same car" use lights water burns off" Gee can't they seal lights right?
There are holes in it to let condensation out. When the headlights used to be completely sealed, the condensation was worse (didn't burn off). They wil replace it under warranty if it's a substantial amount of condensation (to my understanding) for now until a TSB is released.

I can't speak about anything else you said tho... that's the only info I have.
Old 05-12-05, 06:22 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From this thread you're not sure you want the car or not. Why do you bought the car when you're not sure about your decision?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161782
Old 05-12-05, 06:48 PM
jyg es3
Driver

Default fortunetly I did not buy it yet

Originally Posted by VVT-i
From this thread you're not sure you want the car or not. Why do you bought the car when you're not sure about your decision?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161782
Car is in for me, but its not mine yet. I can have pre buyer's remorse. Its their attitude, So lights have condensation , no biggy, Well why design it that way. Soon car will not be hot and discounts will become more the norm. and yes you can get a bigger engine.
Old 05-12-05, 06:52 PM
jyg es3
Driver

Default all engines make noise

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
What exactly are you disappointed about???

Did u not see the blackwood in person before u bought the car?......IMO it looks excellent.
The engine makes noise when u lift the hood?..... No way, really?
I guarantee from the inside its barely noticable.

As far as the headlights - IMO no car is perfect, especially a first year production, even if it is Lexus.

I suggest u visit mbworld.org and some bimmer forums, and read their horror stories of cars that are a few days old and not working.......Now thats disappointment.
but high pressure pump is way too loud. Lift the hood on a bmw you will hear sweet engine sounds. Yes they are not reliable, I own one. but the drive is sweet.
Old 05-12-05, 07:05 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

well the wood can always come out for brown
Old 05-12-05, 07:10 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

i'm sorry you dont like the new GS. To be honest, when I saw the initial pictures, I didnt either. Lately though, its really catching my eye thogh. It looks very "athletic", just calling for a aggressive and nice deep lip 20" wheels. (but i digress)

Sorry it wasnt for you!
Old 05-12-05, 07:13 PM
dmodstl
Lexus Test Driver

So lights have condensation , no biggy, Well why design it that way.
I hardly think that Lexus designed their headlight housing to attain and hold headlight condensation.
Old 05-12-05, 07:13 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

but high pressure pump is way too loud. .

Is that what that noise is? That ticking sound? Man it is loud actually. It's ok though I normally drive with the radio on pretty loud anyway.
Old 05-12-05, 07:24 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

No headlight is fully sealed. If you look at the back of any headlight they have holes with covers and a little bend going down with a sponge inside, If your headlight was fully sealed it would expand from the heat and cause a break in the seals of the edges.
Old 05-12-05, 07:37 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

but high pressure pump is way too loud. Lift the hood on a bmw you will hear sweet engine sounds. Yes they are not reliable, I own one. but the drive is sweet.
I def hear that about the BMW engine. I know for sure my Lexus doesn't sound like my BMW engine or have the power that my BMW has. However my Lexus is so plush where the bmw is kinda of rough inside. I guess their is pro's and cons to everything! However being a 2 time GS owner I am on the fence with this new one. I am first going to see the AWD 530xi which will be here the first week of June maybe you should take a look at that before you go for the GS. I think the new GS is complety overpriced! For that money I think they are going to lose a lot of their customer to E class or 5 series. Espically with the limted power they are offering in the 300. I keep thinking if this car had a lot of power I would be sold. But the power lacking is def a big thing to me.
Old 05-12-05, 07:56 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

.... Dash is very plain, with cheap vinyl look...

Are you serious?
Old 05-12-05, 08:05 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Is that what that noise is? That ticking sound? Man it is loud actually. It's ok though I normally drive with the radio on pretty loud anyway.
The ticking sound is only heard because all the other outside noises (wind/tire) are almost muted =D... or so I like to tell myself...
Old 05-12-05, 09:23 PM
LexFather

at dealer, WE are both a bit dissappointed. Condensation in both lights. Dealer does not know how to fix, will replace lights, but does not know the specifics, , Grey interior is nice black" wood " looks like cheap plastic, Dash is very plain, with cheap vinyl look. Lift hood with car running and you hear clicking of high pressure pump. Certainly not lexus "pursuit of perfection", Also no discount of car with 6k profit in it, /Repeat Lexus buyer,wifey has es300"".So what we got lots of people who want it."Dealer sales manager has same car" use lights water burns off" Gee can't they seal lights right?
Read below about the ticking sound.......
Originally Posted by Rockville
We are clear on how you feel about your wife's new GS. I am curious how she feels about it. The ticking sound comes from the mechanical fuel pump and increases the fuel line pressure to 1,850 lbs. The pump is at the back part of the engine near the firewall and you can see it without taking off the engine cover. The sound is much more pronounced at idle and when you are outside the car. It is not nearly as noticable inside the car. Once you are attuned to a noise it can rattle around your brain like a ball bearing in a tin can so I know it must be torture to you. If your wife is upset about it see if Lexus can offer some type of noise reduction fix for you. Maybe it can be muffled and then again maybe it needs some air to help it cool. Some of these fuel pumps seem noisier than others and they may opt to replace it if it is abnormally loud. This engine is unlike any of your previous Lexus and more fuel efficient than any other in Lexus history. It also has excellent performance for its displacement. It has reduced emissions. It can be forgiven somewhat for its boisterous nature by its inherent ability to do the job. Again if possible could you describe your wife's attitude in general about her new GS? Are there any other issues that she has that you could share with CL? I will try to help if I can.

Rock
The Lexus interior has been hailed by all auto journalists, its one of its outstanding features, not sure why you think its cheap (unless the other car is a Bentley)

The blackwood is VERy elegant, no other car maker offers it.

If you look at most any new car with highly stylized headlights, you will see condensation

Quick Reply: wifey & i looked at"my"gs300 dissappoint