GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

How does my New GS look now??

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 09:19 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSypher
I thought about it and I decided to wait a few more weeks till the coilovers drop.. I'm telling you the floodgates are about to open soon and what's the sense in buying these springs installing them and then ordering coilovers a couple weeks after that?? Trust me, I though long and hard about this.. But thanks for the heads up..
I hear ya. Which coilovers are these?
Old 06-10-05, 09:46 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amy011079
Can't wait to see what you come up with for the new GS! I know it will be gorgeous!
Yeah, that's what everyone's telling me.. I guess we'll have to wait and see..

Glad to see are going well, or atleast good enough not to ****** and complain. I guess if rubber is your biggest problem right now, things are great. It's nice to hear that... I actually had a tire problem the last few days.. The other day my tire sensor in my 3rd was letting me know that one of my tires were low on air, so I checked it out and found a nail in my right rear tire.. I left the nail alone, filled it and it held the air just fine. Then yesterday after I finished buying some clothes I pulled out of the parking lot and the car started making a thumping sound, I pulled off to the side to find a screw welded to a small piece of metal in my front right tire.. Now this one looked like if I would leave it and if it would pop out it could cause some damage to whatever it hit.. So I figured since I have run flats I mind as well check them out and see if they say is true.. Now I never ever pulled anything out of a tire like this and then waited for it to go flat so I can drive away. So now I'm about 50 miles from my town and my Lexus dealer. Could you believe that I called Lexus told them what happened and they told me to just drive down and they'll fix it no sweat.. When I got there I waited almost 2 hours then the service manager tells me the price and that they'll be atleast another 45min.. First off, I already was there for almost 2 hours and 2nd he told me that it was gonna be around $850... I told him are you out of your mind?? I traveled all this way with my car limping for you to rape me? The f@#kin guy started laughing.. I didn't have time for this BS so I said I was out.. I mean c'mon now, for that price I can 4 new tires. Long story short, today I went to a Town Fair Tire over by me and spent just over $550. just for 2 18's.. I hope it's a long time till I have to do something like this again.. Excuse me for my rambling, I've been up for almost 21hrs and I've been tipin the bottle.
Old 06-10-05, 09:47 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
I hear ya. Which coilovers are these?
You know, those right there..
Old 06-11-05, 09:00 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, that's what everyone's telling me.. I guess we'll have to wait and see..

Glad to see are going well, or atleast good enough not to ****** and complain. I guess if rubber is your biggest problem right now, things are great. It's nice to hear that... I actually had a tire problem the last few days.. The other day my tire sensor in my 3rd was letting me know that one of my tires were low on air, so I checked it out and found a nail in my right rear tire.. I left the nail alone, filled it and it held the air just fine. Then yesterday after I finished buying some clothes I pulled out of the parking lot and the car started making a thumping sound, I pulled off to the side to find a screw welded to a small piece of metal in my front right tire.. Now this one looked like if I would leave it and if it would pop out it could cause some damage to whatever it hit.. So I figured since I have run flats I mind as well check them out and see if they say is true.. Now I never ever pulled anything out of a tire like this and then waited for it to go flat so I can drive away. So now I'm about 50 miles from my town and my Lexus dealer. Could you believe that I called Lexus told them what happened and they told me to just drive down and they'll fix it no sweat.. When I got there I waited almost 2 hours then the service manager tells me the price and that they'll be atleast another 45min.. First off, I already was there for almost 2 hours and 2nd he told me that it was gonna be around $850... I told him are you out of your mind?? I traveled all this way with my car limping for you to rape me? The f@#kin guy started laughing.. I didn't have time for this BS so I said I was out.. I mean c'mon now, for that price I can 4 new tires. Long story short, today I went to a Town Fair Tire over by me and spent just over $550. just for 2 18's.. I hope it's a long time till I have to do something like this again.. Excuse me for my rambling, I've been up for almost 21hrs and I've been tipin the bottle.
OMG that is so bogus! I would be ticked too. I thank my lucky stars all the time that I have the dealership that I have. Everyone there is literally my friend and they make sure I'm taken care of before I leave and I've never really had to wait. So I'm really fortunate. I have heard of so many problems with dealerships(not just lexus) that its not even funny. Move to atlanta and you won't have those problems. lol
Old 06-12-05, 06:27 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Believe it or not I know everyone at the dealership and I usually get great service. But what happened is the Service Manager that I always went through is no longer working for Lexus of Greenwich.. I mean if this would have been last year the tire would've been free.. plus, I haven't been there in god knows how long.. I think it's time I reacquainted myself with everyone over there again. And you want to know another thing, I changed the oil in my 2nd gen yesterday and found out that I'm in need to 2 front tires too.. It never ends..

Oh and Neo, Tein are testing coilovers for the 3rd so hopefully I won't have to wait too long..
Old 06-12-05, 08:50 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh and Neo, Tein are testing coilovers for the 3rd so hopefully I won't have to wait too long.
Thanks Mike. Good info.

Do you know if they are testing the full line? Or just starting with one?
Old 06-13-05, 02:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i would definitely wait for tein, coilovers are the ONLY way to go man, i am serious

and mike, get the hre
Old 06-13-05, 05:54 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Believe it or not I know everyone at the dealership and I usually get great service. But what happened is the Service Manager that I always went through is no longer working for Lexus of Greenwich.. I mean if this would have been last year the tire would've been free.. plus, I haven't been there in god knows how long.. I think it's time I reacquainted myself with everyone over there again. And you want to know another thing, I changed the oil in my 2nd gen yesterday and found out that I'm in need to 2 front tires too.. It never ends..

Oh and Neo, Tein are testing coilovers for the 3rd so hopefully I won't have to wait too long..
Oh wow that stinks! Yes you definatly need to get reacquinted with everyone that will help! But your right it never ends. If its not one thing it's another! Story of my life sometimes! Well I hope it all pans out for you soon so you can enjoy that beautiful car!
Old 06-13-05, 07:11 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Neo, I don't think so.. From what I understand they are trying to get something together asap, so I don't think the whole line up will be available when they release the first set of coilovers for the 3rd.. My guess though is that they'll do something like the CS's for the first release, but that's just my guess.. We'll have to wait and see..

Romy, C'mon now.. Has been that long that you forgot who I am and how I do things??
I was thinking about the HRE's but I wanted to stay in the Family (the Work family that is)..

Aim, Thanks I hope so too..
Old 06-14-05, 06:08 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Aim, Thanks I hope so too..
PS, keep us posted on what comes about for ya!
Old 11-18-05, 02:30 AM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

Hey Syph did you get the Work Equips rims you ordered and the tein coilovers yet ? Any pics.
Old 11-18-05, 10:05 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update time Mike!!!
Old 11-21-05, 08:27 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Richie
Update time Mike!!!
DITTO!!!!!
Old 11-22-05, 01:22 AM
akim47
Driver

Amy, what's happening girl?? It's been a long time, hope everything is up to par..

Neo, yeah I saw it.. I thought about it and I decided to wait a few more weeks till the coilovers drop.. I'm telling you the floodgates are about to open soon and what's the sense in buying these springs installing them and then ordering coilovers a couple weeks after that?? Trust me, I though long and hard about this.. But thanks for the heads up..
do you know when c/o's are comin? r u talkin bout the tein's? who else is going to make em soon? i called hks and they said nothin as of right now. my friend at apex said not to expect anything for the next year....

waiting waiting waiting...