GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

NAV/ML Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-05, 03:33 PM
jeremysm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV/ML Worth It?

I have a 2004 late year GX470 with every option in it, including NAV/ML. Actually, I should clarify: my wife drives that car, but I get to enjoy it on weekends. In any case, I find the navigation a decent system but I know my way around the area pretty well and rarely use it. As for the ML, we're not stereophiles and typically listen to talk radio or childrens DVD's or the like.

Simply stated, does a vehicle that has the Lexus NAV/ML package add that much value when you go to sell it? Personally, while I am looking at the new GS, I wouldn't "need" this component unless it would hurt my resale and unless the stock stereo stinks. If I lease, then it may be a moot point anyway.

Lastly, I believe the only thing I'll not get that is included is the rear backup camera? right? Blue-tooth is integrated separately? Is that correct.

Thanks for any posts and insights on this topic.
Old 06-09-05, 08:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jeremysm
I have a 2004 late year GX470 with every option in it, including NAV/ML. Actually, I should clarify: my wife drives that car, but I get to enjoy it on weekends. In any case, I find the navigation a decent system but I know my way around the area pretty well and rarely use it. As for the ML, we're not stereophiles and typically listen to talk radio or childrens DVD's or the like.

Simply stated, does a vehicle that has the Lexus NAV/ML package add that much value when you go to sell it? Personally, while I am looking at the new GS, I wouldn't "need" this component unless it would hurt my resale and unless the stock stereo stinks. If I lease, then it may be a moot point anyway.

Lastly, I believe the only thing I'll not get that is included is the rear backup camera? right? Blue-tooth is integrated separately? Is that correct.

Thanks for any posts and insights on this topic.
Good question. Yes, NAV more than the ML really helps the make the car more desirable, thus higher resale. More and more cars offer them and more consumers are getting it, so people do want it. As for the ML, its less desirable but people still want it. Just reading here, there are tons of posts where people are looking for ML equipped cars.

The 2006 GS has the next generation ML system, it really is incredible.
http://www.marklevinsonlexus.com/overview.asp?model=gs

Bluetooth is intergrated, the back up camera comes with the navigation.

Now if you DON'T use them, you could save yourself quite a bit of money since the package is in the thousands. The dash will look identical though, all GSs have the same dash with or without NAV.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-05, 10:05 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love it...it was a mandatory requirement during the buying process for me!
Old 06-11-05, 11:03 AM
carminesc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default absolutely.....only if......

if you find navigation and the best stereo important or exciting then its worth it. on the other hand i have read so many posts where these additions are not requested and those individuals seem happy. really just up to you. but i will say that mine has both and i have loved how amazed people are with both especially the audio. absolutely awesome.