GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

3GS on homepage of "Robb Report" AND Review!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-05, 11:35 PM
LexFather

Default 3GS on homepage of "Robb Report" AND Review!!

http://www.robbreportcollection.com/eBrochure/Index.asp

Robb Report is one of the top, if not the top executive lifestyle magazine. They give the GS a glowing review

The All-New 2006 Lexus GS
A luxury sedan meets the ultimate performance car in the 2006 GS, the next phenomenon from Lexus.

http://www.robbreportcollection.com/...us-Draft-2.asp

The All-New 2006 Lexus GS
You’ll Have A New Appreciation For The Road Once You Own It

Maybe you own a home or two. Maybe you own a company. You may even own a boat or plane. But when you drive the all-new 2006 Lexus GS you’ll own something you never have before—the road.

The entirely new GS 300 comes packed with the force of a powerful 3.0-liter V6 engine. And a ferocious 4.3-liter V8 lives under the hood of the GS 430, launching you from 0 to 60 in a mere 5.7 seconds. (1)

While the GS covers more ground for its drivers, it breaks new ground for Lexus. The GS 300 is the first Lexus sedan to offer full-time all-wheel drive, which distributes power to all four wheels to make performance driving more fun and foul-weather driving less dangerous.

As the performance and handling of the GS respond to your every move, its luxury features cater to your every whim. Starting the ignition, unlocking your doors and opening your trunk is as easy as the touch of a button. The convenient SmartAccess system transmits a secure signal to the vehicle, so you don’t even have to take the key out of your pocket.

Another unique feature of the GS is its sequential lighting system, which illuminates different areas of the interior based on what the driver needs to see at each point after entering the car. As soon as the keyless entry is activated, door handles, as well as puddle lamps on the side mirrors, light your way. Next, the front and rear foot wells are illuminated to guide you and your passenger inside. Overhead lights brighten the steering wheel and help you find the seatbelt fasteners or other objects that may be on the seats. The center console and shifter also provide interior light. Pressing the illuminated ignition button lights up the other instruments. After you press the brake pedal, the last step occurs and the ignition button glows green, indicating that the engine will start the next time you press the button.

The GS is available with intuitive wipers that automatically activate at the first drop of rain. Triggered by a sensor in the windshield glass, wiper speed adjusts to the amount of rainfall. Once sunny skies return, at the push of a button you can activate the available rear sunshade to protect your surroundings from the sun’s heat and glare.

Mark Levinson (2), the premier designer of high-end stereos, has tailored the available audio system specifically to match the GS interior’s acoustics. It features 14 strategically placed speakers to ensure that all passengers can equally enjoy the sound, no matter where they sit.

The speed of the GS cuts down on driving time, but your trip can also be shorter if you know exactly where you’re going. Choose the GS with the available Lexus DVD Navigation System (3), which directs you to a destination with clear auditory and visual cues, as well as indicate points of interest along the way. For added convenience, the voice-activation feature recognizes over 100 voice commands.

A wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift **** is standard on the GS, making the interior look and feel luxurious.

While the GS is certainly fun to drive, it also has a serious side—its technologically advannced safety features. A backup camera (4) is included with the available DVD Navigation System. A tiny lens at the rear of the vehicle transmits a wide-angle color image to your NAV screen as soon as the GS is placed in reverse. You’re able to see objects that a mirror alone might miss or things that are not visible through the rear window, adding to the security of yourself and others.

The GS 430’s breakthrough Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) (5) system employs eight safety features to help control loss of traction during a turn. When a series of sensors detect a loss of traction, the system uses a combination of individual wheel braking, throttle activation and steering assistance to take handling to the next level.

The Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) is standard on the GS 430 and available on the GS 300. This innovative safety feature enables the vehicle’s headlamps to rotate into each twist and turn, illuminating more of the road around a curve.

The GS 430’s Variable Gear-Ratio Steering (VGRS) automatically adjusts the rack-and-pinion steering ratio, making it easier for you to maintain control during turns.

In case of a flat, you can drive on available run-flat tires (6) up to a speed of 55 mph for approximately 100 miles. You won’t need to call for help or change a tire on the side of the road.

Finally, an available Pre-Collision System (PCS) (7) uses a millimeter-wave radar system to determine if a frontal collision is about to happen. If so, the system automatically applies the brakes and simultaneously retracts the front seatbelts, helping to reduce damage and impact speed.

So test drive the Lexus GS today and experience the ultimate combination of power and luxury. Whether you drive it on a city street, mountain road or open highway, it’ll always seem like you’re on the fast track.

Visit Lexus.com to find your nearest Lexus dealer, learn more about the 2006 GS or experience the GS launch site.

[1] GS 430 0-60 in 5.7 seconds, GS 300 0-60 in 6.8 seconds (RWD), 6.9 seconds (AWD)
[2] Mark Levinson is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries.
[3] The Lexus DVD Navigation System is designed to assist in locating an address or point of interest. Discrepancies may be encountered between the system and your actual location. Changes in street names, road closures, traffic flow or other road system changes may affect the accuracy of the mapping software. Rely upon your common sense to decide whether or not to follow a specified route. Detailed coverage not available in every city. Optional periodic geographic updates available at an additional cost. See your Navigation System Owner's Manual and your Lexus dealer for further details.
[4] The backup camera, available only with the navigation system, does not provide a comprehensive view of the entire rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance.
[5] Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) is an electronic system designed to help the driver maintain vehicle control under adverse conditions. It is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Factors including speed, road conditions and driver steering input can all affect whether VDIM will be effective in preventing a loss of control. Please see your Owner's Manual for further details.
[6] Run-flat tire technology is designed for limited emergency use only. If air pressure is lost, vehicle speed must remain below 55 miles per hour; cornering, braking and accelerating must be done with extreme caution; and the tire should be replaced within 100 miles. See your Lexus dealer for details.
[7] The Lexus Pre-Collision

Funny, I searched Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche and Lexus and there are plenty of info there. Some "luxury carmakers" have no mention of their sedans.
Old 06-11-05, 05:38 AM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny .how you forgot to mention that it's an ebrochure, a paid advertisement by lexus.
Old 06-14-05, 04:22 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

Originally Posted by 01010010
Funny .how you forgot to mention that it's an ebrochure, a paid advertisement by lexus.
Funny, didn't realize that.

And a ferocious 4.3-liter V8 lives under the hood of the GS 430, launching you from 0 to 60 in a mere 5.7 seconds. (1)

Ferocious? I would say it's far from that. Maybe for someone coming from a 4 Cyl Corolla to 4.3 V8. I mean in this day and age 0-60 in 5.7, you can't even compete with most cars out there. Heck, doesn't the V6 Acura TL, Infiniti G35, and many other V6s do that?

Lexus needs to release a bigger V8 with more cojones.
Old 06-14-05, 04:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 01010010
Welcome to CLUBLEXUS newb. If it gets under your skin that much, why join?

I didn't see the "ebrochure", I wasn't trying to mislead a soul.

Read this forum for 5 min maybe......
Old 06-14-05, 04:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by E55_POWER
Funny, didn't realize that.

And a ferocious 4.3-liter V8 lives under the hood of the GS 430, launching you from 0 to 60 in a mere 5.7 seconds. (1)

Ferocious? I would say it's far from that. Maybe for someone coming from a 4 Cyl Corolla to 4.3 V8. I mean in this day and age 0-60 in 5.7, you can't even compete with most cars out there. Heck, doesn't the V6 Acura TL, Infiniti G35, and many other V6s do that?

Lexus needs to release a bigger V8 with more cojones.
Funny, doesn't the Benz E500 have the same 302 hp engine as before? And its slower than the GS
Yes, the Tl and G35 have strong engines, but lack in other areas. And even with those cars, lets add the Suburu WRX/Forester, Mitsubishi EVO, the new Eclipse is getting good times, etc etc. Its still the vast minority of cars out there.

The day 0-60 in 5.7 seconds is slow is the day we drive personal F-14 fighters..
Old 06-14-05, 04:51 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Welcome to CLUBLEXUS newb. If it gets under your skin that much, why join?

I didn't see the "ebrochure", I wasn't trying to mislead a soul.

Read this forum for 5 min maybe......
Bro it's all good! I absolutely Love my freakin GS3 AWD. Sure it's no 55K AMG but it gives me every daily essentials I was looking for in a daily car. I has 4 doors, I can put my kids in the back seats, Nav is awesome (especially since I figured out how to override and input destinations while moving), blue tooth works with my Sony P910i, AWD for winter, Xenon that move side to side ala E55 I had, Stereo is unbelieveable. Only complains I have are no Sirius yet, the keyless entry is flaky at best, the loud ticking noise from engine that they tell me is normal.
Old 06-14-05, 04:57 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Funny, doesn't the Benz E500 have the same 302 hp engine as before? And its slower than the GS
Yes, the Tl and G35 have strong engines, but lack in other areas. And even with those cars, lets add the Suburu WRX/Forester, Mitsubishi EVO, the new Eclipse is getting good times, etc etc. Its still the vast minority of cars out there.

The day 0-60 in 5.7 seconds is slow is the day we drive personal F-14 fighters..

Yeah but the E500 has torque that's more noticeable that the GS motor. Both motors are smooth. The thing I loved about the new GS4 is the handling was greatly improved it seemed to me. The chassis felt more rigid than previous gen GS (could be wrong but it sure felt like it). I'm often wondering why Lexus won't shove a 4.7 V8 under the LS and GS.

But c'mon bro 5.7 is nothing to brag about these days...maybe in the mid 90s

I believe the E500 and the GS are pretty equal in speed. Me frankly, I never cared about 0-60 since not much difference in length between 6.3 vs 5.7. We're talking about 1 or 1 1/2 car length? I don't know what the new GS does in the 1/4 but I have seen at the track an 04 E500 pull 14.1 stock so I assume the GS is about the same +/- a tenth or so.
Old 06-14-05, 05:10 PM
longjohn
Rookie

....the keyless entry is flaky at best...
I'm curious what you mean by this statement. I've never experienced even the remotest hiccup with mine and absolutely love not having to pull my keys out. The only problem is when I get in another car and buckle up with the key firmly planted in the bottom of my pocket
Old 06-14-05, 07:55 PM
E55_POWER
Rookie

Originally Posted by longjohn
I'm curious what you mean by this statement. I've never experienced even the remotest hiccup with mine and absolutely love not having to pull my keys out. The only problem is when I get in another car and buckle up with the key firmly planted in the bottom of my pocket
With the key in my pocket out of 10 times, maybe 6 times it will unlock when I pull on the door handle. The other times I end up pulling so hard it "yanks" and actually hurts the hands. Also, when it works, I wish it would unlock all the doors rather than just the passenger.
Old 06-14-05, 08:50 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never cared about 0-60 since not much difference in length between 6.3 vs 5.7. We're talking about 1 or 1 1/2 car length?
each tenth is actually about one car length
Old 06-14-05, 09:00 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

With the key in my pocket out of 10 times, maybe 6 times it will unlock when I pull on the door handle. The other times I end up pulling so hard it "yanks" and actually hurts the hands. Also, when it works, I wish it would unlock all the doors rather than just the passenger.
If you grab the handle of any of the 3 doors other than the driver's door, all 4 doors unlock.
Old 06-14-05, 09:37 PM
LexFather

Bro it's all good! I absolutely Love my freakin GS3 AWD. Sure it's no 55K AMG but it gives me every daily essentials I was looking for in a daily car. I has 4 doors, I can put my kids in the back seats, Nav is awesome (especially since I figured out how to override and input destinations while moving), blue tooth works with my Sony P910i, AWD for winter, Xenon that move side to side ala E55 I had, Stereo is unbelieveable. Only complains I have are no Sirius yet, the keyless entry is flaky at best, the loud ticking noise from engine that they tell me is normal.
Sorry, we got a thread here
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166832
everyone is mad, including me.

In all honestly, driving all these cars, it would take only a skilled driver to really notice differences. They are very smal especially accelerationl. (and btw, I LOVE the E-class)
Old 06-15-05, 05:55 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chuckb
So, let's say two cars race to 60mph. One of the cars is a second quicker to 60mph. Are you saying the quicker vehicle is going to be 10 car lengths ahead of the slower vehicle at 60mph? That doesn't sound right to me. I don't have any exact figures, but I remember reading a comparison test of family sedans a while back in MotorTrend where one car was roughly .5 slower to 60mph than the other. They stated at 60mph the faster vehicle was approx. one car length ahead.
Old 06-15-05, 06:55 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaters
So, let's say two cars race to 60mph. One of the cars is a second quicker to 60mph. Are you saying the quicker vehicle is going to be 10 car lengths ahead of the slower vehicle at 60mph? That doesn't sound right to me. I don't have any exact figures, but I remember reading a comparison test of family sedans a while back in MotorTrend where one car was roughly .5 slower to 60mph than the other. They stated at 60mph the faster vehicle was approx. one car length ahead.
it may not be exactly a full car length from 0-60, but I know for sure, by the end of a 1/4 mile race, each .1 is one car length. I used to play at the track with my 12 second 5.0, and that's how it was.

I'm sure a half a second is much more than a car length from 0-60 too though. I'd say at least 2-3 car lengths.

The one tenth=one car length is old school knowledge
Old 06-15-05, 07:07 AM
E55_POWER
Rookie

Originally Posted by chuckb
Maybe in the 1/4 mile but I don't think that applies to 0-60, I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: 3GS on homepage of "Robb Report" AND Review!!