GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Satelite Radio

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 01:42 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sewell Ships Sirius!!

My Sirius Satellite tuner and fit kit are shipping from Sewell Lexus today. http://www.lexus-parts.com/

Qty: 1 , PTS31-00052 - Sirius Receiver Kit - Lexus
Qty: 1 , PTS31-30060 - Sirius Satellite Radio Fit Kit - Lexus GS300/430
Old 08-02-05, 05:23 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be ordering the XM kit from them and installing it myself very soon!!!!!!
Old 08-02-05, 05:38 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

They say the new Sirius antenna for Lexus has a new design that makes it easier on the eyes as opposed to the trunk mount XM model. When you do install yours, you'll want to install it on the the rear interior deck to lessen the negative appeal of the attenna.

I've already had my Nav screen out so I'm certain the install will be a walk in the park.
Old 08-02-05, 05:43 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Looking at the install PDF, it doesn't look like the in-dash screen has to be pulled for the XM, or else I missed something. I will be installing the antenna inside the car, under the rear window.
Old 08-02-05, 05:46 PM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by costanza
Looking at the install PDF, it doesn't look like the in-dash screen has to be pulled for the XM, or else I missed something. I will be installing the antenna inside the car, under the rear window.
Definitely the rear window is the way to go. On the trunk is just plain ugly.

I know you'll need to connect the tuner to the nav system modular plugs. Most likely there's a piggy back harness that plugs into the NAV tuner and from that, you connect it to the plugs that feed the NAV normally. Perhaps there is a way to access it from the Glove box, but I doubt it.
Old 08-02-05, 05:49 PM
costanza
Pole Position

The install PDF only shows the receiver connecting to the trunk mounted amp.
Old 08-02-05, 06:05 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by looknow12
My Sirius Satellite tuner and fit kit are shipping from Sewell Lexus today. http://www.lexus-parts.com/

Qty: 1 , PTS31-00052 - Sirius Receiver Kit - Lexus
Qty: 1 , PTS31-30060 - Sirius Satellite Radio Fit Kit - Lexus GS300/430
Are you sure it is the right part? If you look at the PDF link, it refers to a 470.
Old 08-03-05, 02:56 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zoombie99
Are you sure it is the right part? If you look at the PDF link, it refers to a 470.
What PDF link?
Old 08-03-05, 03:24 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Not certain what PDF link you're mentioning, but I believe the tuner works with any vehicle and the fit kit is specific to the GS. So possibly the Tuner's PDF file might refer to a 470 (I assume you mean LX or GX 470).
Old 08-03-05, 06:51 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

costanza,

When you have your kit, can you let us know if Lexus is still using the radio with the 2 wire antenna? If it is, you have two small plugs, yellow and green, that plug into the radio from the antenna.

Also, I concur regarding the placement of the antenna. My XM antenna is placed on the rear deck, to the side of the rear tail light, and a few inches from the rear window. My dealer installed it and never secured the antenna to the deck. It just sets on the deck, and doesn't move around at all. The wire runs along the crevice between the deck and window until it somehow enters the trunk. Because of the black band on the very lower part of the glass you can't see the wire at all from the outside.

Thanks.
Dave
Old 08-08-05, 01:20 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

looknow....

Please let me know how it is after you get it installed. Let me know if we are stuck with the charachter limitation....If we are stuck with 10 charachters like XM I will be highly upset. I plan on getting my 06 430 in November and of course I will be adding SIRIUS.

I havent been on the board for a while, but people, please stop waisting your money on XM. I have had both services and I really cant fathom as to why someone would pay for XM. Simply...its a terrible service. I dont even know half the songs they play on there channels, and 80% of there music channels are censored. LAME.......Thats like getting HBO and watching the Sopranos and having the words bleeped out. RETARDED.

To each his own. If you have specific questions of either XM or SIRIUS...PM me and I will be more then happy to answer your questions.
Old 08-08-05, 05:31 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by melymel96
looknow....

Please let me know how it is after you get it installed. Let me know if we are stuck with the charachter limitation....If we are stuck with 10 charachters like XM I will be highly upset. I plan on getting my 06 430 in November and of course I will be adding SIRIUS.

I havent been on the board for a while, but people, please stop waisting your money on XM. I have had both services and I really cant fathom as to why someone would pay for XM. Simply...its a terrible service. I dont even know half the songs they play on there channels, and 80% of there music channels are censored. LAME.......Thats like getting HBO and watching the Sopranos and having the words bleeped out. RETARDED.

To each his own. If you have specific questions of either XM or SIRIUS...PM me and I will be more then happy to answer your questions.
First, anyone who puts on a "Sirius pisses on XM" character on the avatar should realize that everyone reading their comments on satellite radio will see that they are HIGHLY biased against XM. Second, the reason I HATE Sirius is because I never hear anything new. They play the "hits" we've all heard too many times already. You might as well stick w/ a CD changer. At least you wouldn't have to listen to the babbling DJ's! Third, what channel on XM with with the "XL" moniker (explicit lyrics/language) plays censored music?
Old 08-08-05, 11:43 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by costanza
First, anyone who puts on a "Sirius pisses on XM" character on the avatar should realize that everyone reading their comments on satellite radio will see that they are HIGHLY biased against XM. Second, the reason I HATE Sirius is because I never hear anything new. They play the "hits" we've all heard too many times already. You might as well stick w/ a CD changer. At least you wouldn't have to listen to the babbling DJ's! Third, what channel on XM with with the "XL" moniker (explicit lyrics/language) plays censored music?
Did I said all of there channels are censored? No I didnt. And yes my avatar looks the way it does because I waisted 6 months on XM. Im almost positive that I know more about both companies then anybody here. I agree that SIRIUS plays the "hits" and yes at times they are repetitivie, but what the hell does XM play? They play stuff people have never heard of, and if the music was good that wouldnt be a problem, but give me a break, Ive heard better stuff on AM.

There are advantages to each and when XM has an advantage in a category I will not hold back. XM is clearly the leader when it comes to Portable walkman type devices. They have 3 out right now as opposed to SIRIUS which has none. However as some of you may not know, XM is 18 months ahead of SIRIUS when it comes to hardware. SIRIUS contracted Lucent to build there chipsets and Lucent *****ED it off and they fell way behind. SIRIUS is launching there 3rd generation chip set later this month and Im expecting some pretty nice equipment to be released.

Going back to your XL comment I was listening to a rap station I think RAW XL on XM and they were playing USHER for crying out loud. WTF???

I wonder which sounds better in the 13 speaker setup in the new GS...XM or SIRIUS? Well considering SIRIUS is the only one who streams there music in DOLBY SURROUND Im guessing they have that advantage right there.

Like I said I know more about these companies then the average person, and when you have 50 thousand dollars invested in BOTH Companies, not just SIRIUS then you tend to keep a close eye on what they are doing.
Old 08-09-05, 07:15 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

The installation is very easy for the Sirius Radio. I encourage anyone who is interested in installing their own, to certainly choose Sirus.

The Sirius Radio kit for Lexus is quite easy. You simply remove some panels in the trunk favoring the the right side. Install the antenna in the front window, run the cable through the passenger side front and rear scuff panels to the rear, and connect the tuner and wiring harnesses to the rear amp. It's very easy.

I browsed through the XM installation guide and besides being 19 to Sirius' 12, it requires you remove the rear bumper!!! Not to mention it's hideous antenna design.

I started the install yesterday at around 4pm but at 5pm I had to rush my wife to the hospital as we just had a baby at 11:20pm last night. GS430 is still apart in the garage. We're taking the little boy home tomorrow in the GX. I'll finish the install shortly.

I always take time to read thoroughly through the installation guides before doing any work. I always try to understand the instructions first. So I really only have 30 minutes into the install. So far I have the necessary panels out of the trunk, antenna installed in the front winshield, and the door scuff plates out. I probably have 45-60 minutes of work left. Assuming all goes well.

NOTE: When disconnecting wiring connectors
do not pull on the wiring, pull on the connector
only.
(a) Remove the rear bumper.
(1) To prevent scratching and damage, apply
masking tape where indicated in the
figure (Fig. 2-1).
(2) Remove the front section screws and clip
(Fig. 2-1).
NOTE: The right side is shown in the figure,
but the procedure is the same for the left side.
NOTE: When replacing the bumper, be careful
of the direction in which you insert the clip.
(3) Remove the lower rear clips (Fig. 2-2).
Old 08-09-05, 07:52 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Default Music Airplay on SIRIUS Satellite Radio to Impact Billboard Radio Monitor Chart

Music Airplay on SIRIUS Satellite Radio to Impact Billboard Radio Monitor Chart
Monday August 8, 8:38 pm ET

NEW YORK, Aug. 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio, the content leader in satellite radio, today announced that airplay on its flagship pop music channel, SIRIUS Hits - 1, will now impact the weekly Mainstream Top 40 chart published in Billboard Radio Monitor.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19991118/NYTH125 )

This marks the first time that airplay from a non-terrestrial broadcaster has been factored into the weekly results of Billboard Radio Monitor's pop airplay chart. The Mainstream Top 40 chart panel has consisted of 116 terrestrial radio stations in 99 markets until now.

"The inclusion of SIRIUS airplay information reinforces the impact our subscribers are having on the development and breaking of new and established artists," said Steve Blatter, SIRIUS Senior Vice President, Music Programming. "We are excited that airplay on our flagship pop music channel, SIRIUS Hits - 1, will be reflected in Billboard's national airplay charts and look forward to having airplay on other SIRIUS channels included in their respective charts in the near future."

"This is an important development in the expansion of the Billboard charts. Satellite radio, like other emerging technology acknowledges yet another new way music fans are listening to music across America," said John Kilcullen, President and Publisher, Billboard Information Group.

Songs played on SIRIUS Hits - 1 will be included in the airplay charts published in the August 19 issue of Billboard Radio Monitor, and each week thereafter.

Its SIRIUS Hits - 1 channel is also available in over 8 million Dish Network homes and will soon be available on Sprint cell phones.

For more information about SIRIUS, visit http://www.sirius.com. For more information about Billboard Radio Monitor, visit http://www.BillboardRadioMonitor.com.

About SIRIUS

SIRIUS delivers more than 120 channels of the best commercial-free music, compelling talk shows, news and information, and the most exciting sports programming to listeners across the country in digital quality sound. SIRIUS offers 65 channels of 100% commercial-free music, and features over 55 channels of sports, news, talk, entertainment, traffic and weather for a monthly subscription fee of only $12.95. SIRIUS also broadcasts live play-by- play games of the NFL and NBA, and is the Official Satellite Radio partner of the NFL.

SIRIUS radios for the car, truck, home, RV and boat are manufactured by Alpine, Audiovox, Blaupunkt, Clarion, Delphi, Jensen, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, Sanyo and XACT Communications. Available in more than 25,000 retail locations, SIRIUS radios can be purchased at major retailers including Best Buy, Circuit City, Crutchfield, Costco, Office Depot, Sears, Target, Wal-Mart and RadioShack. SIRIUS is also available at heavy truck dealers and truck stops nationwide.

SIRIUS radios are currently offered in vehicles from Audi, BMW, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep®, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln-Mercury, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Nissan, Scion, Toyota, Porsche, Volkswagen and Volvo. Hertz currently offers SIRIUS at major locations around the country.

Click on www.sirius.com to listen to SIRIUS live, or to find a SIRIUS retailer or car dealer in your area.

Any statements that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions, future events or performance with respect to SIRIUS Satellite Radio Inc. are not historical facts and may be forward-looking and, accordingly, such statements involve estimates, assumptions and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Accordingly, any such statements are qualified in their entirety by reference to the factors discussed in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2004 filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Among the key factors that have a direct bearing on our operational results are: our dependence upon third parties, including manufacturers of SIRIUS radios, retailers, automakers and programming partners, our competitive position and any events which affect the useful life of our satellites.

P-SIRI

Media Contact:
Elise Brown
SIRIUS
ebrown@siriusradio.com

About Billboard Radio Monitor
Billboard Radio Monitor is the premier radio industry publication and online destination for timely news, charts and analysis. Using the integrity, depth and probing journalism of Billboard magazine, coupled with the data of Nielsen BDS, the expanded Monitor covers every major format of music radio, including 24/7 reporting on the latest regulatory developments, news/talk radio, satellite radio and the people that make it happen. Billboard Radio Monitor is a flagship property for the Billboard Information Group, which also consists of BillboardRadioMonitor.com, Billboard magazine, Billboard.biz, Billboard.com, Billboard Chart Alert, Billboard Information Network (BIN), Billboard Directories and Billboard Licensing & Events. The Group is a unit of VNU Business Media, a worldwide media company that provides specialized publications, electronically delivered data, expositions and marketing services and is owned by VNU Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Netherlands- based VNU, an international publishing and

Quick Reply: Satelite Radio