GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Survey Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 06:18 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Survey Time

Just received my survey from LEXUS HQ to find out how my lexus purchase experience was.

The most annoying thing however is that the dealer sent about 4 letters and left several messages to makes sure that the survey would be filled out properly.

That in itself makes me wish to rip them apart. Why can't dealers accept honest feedback? I wonder how much they have to lose?

Maybe its blackmail time...i wonder what freebie i could get...
Old 07-05-05, 08:40 PM
zoombie99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Take

This is my "take" having bought four vehicles from Lexus since 1993. I believe that the dealer may get some incentives based on the survey and it also applies when you get your car serviced and Lexus sends you a survey. My attitude is to give the dealer or service department high marks since the Lexus dealers that I have dealt with have treated me well (i.e., resolving problems after the warranty has expired). I noticed several years ago that the service department was aware of my responses to the surveys since they actually thanked me for my praise. From that day forward, I was more than an unknown customer and the service advisors went out of their way to help me with any problem such as personally changing bulbs while I waited without an appointment. (As opposed to waiting 3 weeks to bring a car into a Mercedes dealer or having my Audi A8 in service for fours weeks within months after I leased it)

While I realize that some of the calls may be annoying, it is something that you live with. The fact that they are concerned with your response, should give you some satisfaction that your opinion counts!
Old 07-05-05, 10:36 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

it's determines dealer allocation and allotment of new cars. this is very important to them for obivous reasons.

Service scores are very important too because it's tied to the dealer's allotment.
Old 07-06-05, 01:13 AM
typeshblue
Driver

give them a excellent surveys the reason why is because if you do them good you will get a better service from your salesman and from the dealership think about it, for an example if your a salesman and you found out the customer gave you a bad survey, will you likeley to help them out in the future no right, if you gave them a xcellent survey dont u think they will give you a better service?
Old 07-06-05, 05:44 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

I really dislike survey management. I haven't submitted my online Lexus survey because I'm still waiting for closure on a couple items. With my former Mercedes', I always submitted my true opinion. I believe a dealer must hear honest feedback in order for them to improve. Having a dealer manage the survey process benefits only themselves, not its customers.
Old 07-06-05, 08:59 AM
longjohn
Rookie

Hmmm....bought my car in late March and I still haven't received a survey. I've been waiting for it because my saleslady told me she'd give me a free tank of gas if I filled it out and brought it in to the dealership to submit it.

Do they just send them out to random purchasers or did I just fall through the cracks?
Old 07-06-05, 06:18 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by longjohn
Hmmm....bought my car in late March and I still haven't received a survey. I've been waiting for it because my saleslady told me she'd give me a free tank of gas if I filled it out and brought it in to the dealership to submit it.

Do they just send them out to random purchasers or did I just fall through the cracks?
free tank of gas....man you're cheap to buy off....bring it in to her...she'll change all your answers to correct ones...lol...
come on man...give your honest opinion.
Old 07-07-05, 12:04 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

their whole point is if you had a problem or something you disliked, then bring it up then and they'll rectify it. Otherwise when u give them a lousy survey...they'll call u and say "what didnt we do for you mr. jones?"

im pretty easy going and they'd have to really mess up for me to give them a bad survey.
Old 07-07-05, 11:49 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by foofighter
their whole point is if you had a problem or something you disliked, then bring it up then and they'll rectify it. Otherwise when u give them a lousy survey...they'll call u and say "what didnt we do for you mr. jones?"

im pretty easy going and they'd have to really mess up for me to give them a bad survey.
I'm not saying that i'm giving them a bad survey....but they are really pushing me for a PERFECT survey....

Tell me..what's perfect in this world?
Old 07-07-05, 10:37 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

nada

i'm too much of a nice guy to give bad surveys unless they REALLY f things up.
Old 07-08-05, 12:05 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

foofighter, i used to do what you do and give perfect marks unless something terrible happened. but now, on my 6th lex, i don't feel compelled to give anything other than the truth. there's no sense in lying about how great they were if they weren't! and if you don't feel like "dinging" them b/c you feel bad, just don't send it back.

my sales experience was great overall. i got a discount off their first batch of GS430's for being a repeat, got extra set of mats in black, and i was only on the list for a few weeks. but on the day i picked up the car, the finance person was a real idiot and took forever. can't blame my salesperson for that, but i will still be honest in the survey when it comes to that section.

i am pretty honest w/ service advisors that do follow up calls too. no sense in pretending they did a good job if it was poor or just satisfactory.
Old 07-08-05, 08:28 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexuslover
foofighter, i used to do what you do and give perfect marks unless something terrible happened. but now, on my 6th lex, i don't feel compelled to give anything other than the truth. there's no sense in lying about how great they were if they weren't! and if you don't feel like "dinging" them b/c you feel bad, just don't send it back.

my sales experience was great overall. i got a discount off their first batch of GS430's for being a repeat, got extra set of mats in black, and i was only on the list for a few weeks. but on the day i picked up the car, the finance person was a real idiot and took forever. can't blame my salesperson for that, but i will still be honest in the survey when it comes to that section.

i am pretty honest w/ service advisors that do follow up calls too. no sense in pretending they did a good job if it was poor or just satisfactory.
You got my point exactly.....honest feedback is what surveys should be about.
Old 07-08-05, 09:01 PM
highmiles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexuslover

Well put. I just did my survey on-line and while I am thrilled with my GS I figure it doesn't do Lexus or any of us repeat buyers any good to sugar coat our experience.
Old 07-08-05, 11:36 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

I agree. No sugar. No starch. Cold Hard Facts. Yessiree...