GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

are people getting close to invoice price for the gs3 in s. cal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-05, 08:20 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are people getting close to invoice price for the gs3 in s. cal?

the new gs has been out for quite some time now. i expect the majority, if not all die hard, must have people already took delievery of there gs by now and the market has cooled down. atleast i hope...

so, my fellow southern californians, how much did you pay for your gs3 w/ML?
Old 07-05-05, 09:16 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexuSteve
the new gs has been out for quite some time now. i expect the majority, if not all die hard, must have people already took delievery of there gs by now and the market has cooled down. atleast i hope...

so, my fellow southern californians, how much did you pay for your gs3 w/ML?

I got down to 46,300 for nav/ML black on black
Old 07-05-05, 10:01 PM
stoshiro
Rookie

I have a black/black navi on order for delivery in 2 weeks.

Old 07-05-05, 10:07 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stoshiro
I have a black/black navi on order for delivery in 2 weeks.

pm me the dealer you are getting it from...i think we are going through similar dealers...
Old 07-06-05, 12:17 AM
LexuSteve
Rookie

46k isn't bad. the msrp is around 50k right?

which dealership did you purchase your gs from?
Old 07-06-05, 06:10 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Lexus of south bay - $46,200

List $50,409

All the dealers iv spoken to have told me the same invoice for this RWD GS3 ($44,600)

For those looking for without nav and ML....lexus of Glendale will do for 500-700 over invoice. (invoice $40,600)
Old 07-06-05, 07:37 AM
jeremysm
Driver School Candidate

Default What about GS430

If they are going that low on non-NAV/ML for the GS300, do you know how low they would go on non-NAV/non-ML on the GS430? Can it be configured like that? The dealers out here in AZ are just so hard, and rarely budge much from MSRP on anything--unless there is a national deal being offered.

I love the engine on the GS430 but on my GX470 the NAV/ML is great, just not worth it to me.

Here is why I would like the non-NAV/non-ML: I know the roads, Scottsdale/Phoenix is being built up so new roads pop up and requires constant updates for the NAV to be correct (one is a main road right by my home and it never gives accurate directions--have to wait for the next update and pay the $$ for it), and the ML is awesome, but I typically listen to talk radio (sports, news etc...) so that's a waste for me.
Old 07-06-05, 11:11 AM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jeremysm
If they are going that low on non-NAV/ML for the GS300, do you know how low they would go on non-NAV/non-ML on the GS430? Can it be configured like that? The dealers out here in AZ are just so hard, and rarely budge much from MSRP on anything--unless there is a national deal being offered.
Why don't you get it for cheaper from a California dealer and spend a couple hundred on a plane ticket and a lil more on gas and maybe a motel and drive it back. You still may come out two or three thousand ahead?
Old 07-06-05, 12:20 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Lexus of Sarasota Florida is selling GS430's with nav and ML for about 1000 over invoice.

I just made an offer for $52,000 and he was ready to take it! He gave me the drive out and everythign with 52,000 selling price. Invoice he gave me was 51,070 + 250 to prep and detail the car for a total invoice for a GS430 fully loaded at $51,320. I said what is your best price? He said - make an offer. I said $52,000 - he said done!

He also said he would be willing to do that price for any color combo even if it had to ordered, if it was not available at the dealer lot!

Now it makes me think maybe I should have said something more closer to invoice or maybe even below invoice! LOL maybe im a lil going over board there on that one. haha

And if you are looking for without NAV and ML, im sure he would do the exact same pricing as well....after all if hes doing a GS430 for this kind of price, he would do the same if not better for one without NAV and ML...

and the same for GS300's RWD and AWD...guys the deals are now definitely out there on this incredibly sexy looking car!

Now I am really going to pull the trigger on a Flint Mica with black interior GS430 fully loaded
Old 07-06-05, 12:25 PM
RydeWitM3
Driver School Candidate

i got mine for 1500 over invoice on the car (06 gs300 silver on black leather) and i put drive off on the car and my lease payments are 606 a month.
Old 07-06-05, 12:35 PM
stoshiro
Rookie

52k for a loaded 430 sounds like a good deal to me.

Has anyone ever bought a car from out of state?

I live in SCAL, could I drive a car ordered from Florida? Are there any state ommissions regulations or anything like that?
Old 07-06-05, 12:40 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

You can buy a car from any state. Your taxes assessed at the dealership are based on your residency zipcode. So if you were to buy a vehicle from florida, you would pay the taxes from southern california wherever you live. Also, to ship the vehicle you are responsible to pay the shipping fee whatever it is. The dealer will give you names of 2 or 3 places where they trust.

Usually out of state deals are sol cash deals. No financing type thing is done. I dont know if it works the same for leases or not. The fleet department handles out of state deals.

But yah i think 52,000 is the cheapest price anyone has been able to buy a loaded GS430 for. Thats truly an awesome buy for a car like that.
Old 07-06-05, 04:53 PM
longjohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by stoshiro
52k for a loaded 430 sounds like a good deal to me.

Has anyone ever bought a car from out of state?

I live in SCAL, could I drive a car ordered from Florida? Are there any state ommissions regulations or anything like that?

California has completely different emissions requirements than all other states. I'm not too sure you could just buy it in another state without jumping through hoops to get it registered in California. Better do some research before you try it.
Old 07-06-05, 05:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
You can buy a car from any state. Your taxes assessed at the dealership are based on your residency zipcode. So if you were to buy a vehicle from florida, you would pay the taxes from southern california wherever you live. Also, to ship the vehicle you are responsible to pay the shipping fee whatever it is. The dealer will give you names of 2 or 3 places where they trust.

Usually out of state deals are sol cash deals. No financing type thing is done. I dont know if it works the same for leases or not. The fleet department handles out of state deals.

But yah i think 52,000 is the cheapest price anyone has been able to buy a loaded GS430 for. Thats truly an awesome buy for a car like that.
Not all dealerships will sell to someone out of state and ship to them. But logically, by the time you add shipping/delivery costs, emissions equipment fees and etc, you usually don't make out with the deal you could have gotten locally. Not usually worth it.
Old 07-06-05, 09:21 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow

All the dealers iv spoken to have told me the same invoice for this RWD GS3 ($44,600)

i thought it was 39k. i knew it was too low to be true

Last edited by LexuSteve; 07-06-05 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: are people getting close to invoice price for the gs3 in s. cal?