GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Alas...i'm a new Lexus GS300 owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-05, 12:42 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alas...i'm a new Lexus GS300 owner!!!

Picked it up tonight. Black on Black Nav/ML bla bla bla...man this car drives so nice. Just one thing that is screwy on my car.

Apparently when they PDI the car the wiper is at it's resting position still protrudes, especially the passenger side is cocked up like a race car. I'll have to go to my local Lexus dealer and have them fix this problem. Other than that, i get to read this bible of a manual and figure out all the cool things like folding up the mirrors when you stick it in "park"

This coming week, a trip to Work Wheels to get the car measured for some new shoes!!!
Old 07-09-05, 01:09 AM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by foofighter
Picked it up tonight. Black on Black Nav/ML bla bla bla...man this car drives so nice. Just one thing that is screwy on my car.

Apparently when they PDI the car the wiper is at it's resting position still protrudes, especially the passenger side is cocked up like a race car. I'll have to go to my local Lexus dealer and have them fix this problem. Other than that, i get to read this bible of a manual and figure out all the cool things like folding up the mirrors when you stick it in "park"

This coming week, a trip to Work Wheels to get the car measured for some new shoes!!!
congrats

i almost purchased my gs3 last night from lexus of glendale and would be joining you as a gs3 owner, but now i dont know if i want to wait for the gs350.

post pictures!!!
Old 07-09-05, 01:27 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

after reading the first few pages of the dam manual i find that the wipers are not in the "retracted" mode...interesting...
Old 07-09-05, 06:31 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy your new baby!
Old 07-09-05, 06:38 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Other than that, i get to read this bible of a manual and figure out all the cool things like folding up the mirrors when you stick it in "park"
Congratulations foofighter! The 3GS is a great car! However, the mirrors don't automatically fold when you put the car in park. You have to push the little button in the access panel.

By the way, great forum ID. Foofighters rock!
Old 07-09-05, 06:43 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveJ
Congratulations foofighter! The 3GS is a great car! However, the mirrors don't automatically fold when you put the car in park. You have to push the little button in the access panel.

By the way, great forum ID. Foofighters rock!
I'm sure with a little bit of research.....you could probably rewire a few things to make this happen....
Old 07-09-05, 07:09 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations , black on black is a nice combination Enjoy !!
Old 07-09-05, 08:17 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

dang no auto fold up mirror? Grandma's LS does when she puts it in park hehe...i like my GS still
Old 07-09-05, 09:40 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Congratulations! Show us pics!
Old 07-09-05, 09:40 AM
stoshiro
Rookie

Congrats foo

I'm jealous, I got one more week for mine to come in...

Let see some pics!
Old 07-09-05, 10:15 PM
DrexLex
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter
Apparently when they PDI the car the wiper is at it's resting position still protrudes, especially the passenger side is cocked up like a race car. I'll have to go to my local Lexus dealer and have them fix this problem.
The dealer had my wipers popped forward when I picked up my car, too, so easily snapped back in place, once we knew it was safe to force them back down there. Took them a minute to figure it out.

But even fully retracted, my right wiper was still higher than the left (driver) wiper and it broke the visibility across the dash-hood line as viewed from the driver seat. Turns our that the wiper arm is on a knurled post, so by removing the retaining bolt, it can be rotated ever so slightly, then retightened, thus allowing the wiper to drop down further under the hood at rest.--still sitting on the windshield of course. Now, looking across the dash to the hood there is no protrusion of the wiper at all--very clean line. And when popped forward for cleaning, they wiper arms still clear the hood just fine. It may have been just the random way my wipers were mounted at the factory, since there is no "preset" locators.

Last edited by DrexLex; 07-10-05 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-09-05, 11:24 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Yea...after reading the manual (which i encourage every new owner to do ) i felt like such an idiot...but the dealer where we took delivery had all the GS' like that so my wife thought it was natural until we stopped by another dealership on the way home to confirm my sanity that i wasnt going crazy and this is not how it should be. LOL live and learn

I accomplished a lot today, trained my homelink w/ the rolling code, fixed it so when i put it in park it would unlock...stuff like that...fun fun fun
Old 07-10-05, 10:15 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

here are the pics...

More pics later...

Last edited by foofighter; 07-10-05 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-10-05, 10:32 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

hey, you bought it from cerittos...

i was down in cerritos lexus today to see what kind of price they can offer me. turns out they're not really giving much of a discount. the best price i got was $48000 for a gs300 w/ML.

hope you got a great deal on your gs foofighter.
Old 07-10-05, 10:34 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

if you want the deal i got, PM me...i'll give you the name of the sales guy at another dealer that really is aggressive...he was the reason why cerritos HAD to match if they wanted my business.

Quick Reply: Alas...i'm a new Lexus GS300 owner!!!