GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Which bluetooth phone works with the new GS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-05, 03:59 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting, because today i was messing around w/ the phone and the car. I was able to transfer almost all my numbers from my phone to the car! Only the one number would xfer, like others have reported.
Old 07-19-05, 06:18 AM
GAguy
Driver School Candidate

I have the new verizn LG 8100. and the phone works flawlessly connecting and using. Unfortunately, as already stated, verizon cripples the ability to transfer. I bought a cingular razr, inserted my phone book, transferred it to the car (one at a time) and then took the phone back. Except for the phone book transfer, verizon works wonderfully. You are not able , however, to see the signal bars or the battery power on the car screen.

One question: when i transferred numbers that have a pause it the number (for voice mail etc), the pause and numbers after the pause would only appear as lines and are not recognized. Anyone know how to fix that.
Old 07-19-05, 12:04 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GAguy
I have the new verizn LG 8100. and the phone works flawlessly connecting and using. Unfortunately, as already stated, verizon cripples the ability to transfer. I bought a cingular razr, inserted my phone book, transferred it to the car (one at a time) and then took the phone back. Except for the phone book transfer, verizon works wonderfully. You are not able , however, to see the signal bars or the battery power on the car screen.

One question: when i transferred numbers that have a pause it the number (for voice mail etc), the pause and numbers after the pause would only appear as lines and are not recognized. Anyone know how to fix that.
i'm trying to figure that out as well. I did discover something today. When you're on the phone and you get another incoming call...it disconnects your current call and hangs up on everyone else calling in.
Old 07-20-05, 02:40 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redsharky
i called both motorola and verizon and they said that i have to wait for a newer program for the phone to use this function.
No, you'll just have to wait until their contracts with Get-It-Now are overwith

There are ways to hack around this, but I find it ridiculous that you have to hack a phone in order for it to work the way it was designed to from the manufacturer.
Old 07-20-05, 03:51 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

**list updated**

i just recieved my s710 and it works great with my GS300. this phone is one of the best phones i've had. i highly recommend this phone to anybody who likes big, bright screens with extremely loud speaker. its however pretty big compare to some of the other phones in the market.
Old 07-20-05, 05:13 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexuSteve
**list updated**

i just recieved my s710 and it works great with my GS300. this phone is one of the best phones i've had. i highly recommend this phone to anybody who likes big, bright screens with extremely loud speaker. its however pretty big compare to some of the other phones in the market.
Where's this "Phone List"?
Old 07-20-05, 11:27 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by JHStrange
Where's this "Phone List"?
are your serious

just incase your not joking, the list is located on the first page of this post.
Old 07-21-05, 04:15 PM
JHStrange
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexuSteve
are your serious

just incase your not joking, the list is located on the first page of this post.
Embarrased!! I just jumped over the list and was reading text.
Old 07-22-05, 02:13 AM
akim47
Driver

personally, i don't like the feature... people don't seem to hear me that well... also, i have to disable whenever i have other people in the car... unless u want a conference call...

using the v3 razr... haven't read through the manual, can i adjust the settings on the bluetooth?

thanks,
ak
Old 07-22-05, 11:15 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by akim47
personally, i don't like the feature... people don't seem to hear me that well... also, i have to disable whenever i have other people in the car... unless u want a conference call...

using the v3 razr... haven't read through the manual, can i adjust the settings on the bluetooth?

thanks,
ak
Hmm, so have others had problems with the voice quality via bluetooth? Is the incoming sound quality ok? Do people on the other line have any complaints?
Old 07-22-05, 11:38 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Wife and I both terminated our deal w/ Verizon today and went to Cingular so that we would have more phone selection and full Bluetooth capability. I got the S710 and it works like a charm...wife got the new RAZR black edition. Very sleek and stylish I might add.
Old 07-22-05, 11:45 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Hmm, so have others had problems with the voice quality via bluetooth? Is the incoming sound quality ok? Do people on the other line have any complaints?
There's actually a post somewhere, I don't remember where, but it's a backdoor settings menu and you can adjust the bluetooth microphone and speaker quality. Haven't played with it any, but I haven't had any trouble with people hearing me yet.
Old 07-25-05, 03:34 PM
alxmorse
Driver School Candidate

Default sprint users

for sprint user there is a seller on ebay who has the sony erricsson t608 for 30 dollars all day

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...thScMTOXBpA9+I
Old 07-25-05, 04:30 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRupp
There's actually a post somewhere, I don't remember where, but it's a backdoor settings menu and you can adjust the bluetooth microphone and speaker quality. Haven't played with it any, but I haven't had any trouble with people hearing me yet.
Yeah, here's a link to the thread. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...43&postcount=8

I'll post my findings after my BT phone arrives this week.
Old 07-26-05, 09:45 PM
SK330
Driver School Candidate

I have a Sprint Treo 650 which works at least partialy with 2006 GS 300 Nav/ML. When I get in the car with my phone in my pocket, the ML audio automatically recognizes the phone (I have the Treo set to allow Bluetooth wakeup). If I dial out, the ML system automatically switches off the audio (from radio/CD) and puts the phone on the speakers when you connect. Incoming calls that I pick up also automatically silence the audio and come over the speakers. I can dial out using the restaurant phone numbers, The only complaint I have heard is that my wife complains the microphone uptake is not of great quality. Also, I have not successfully transferred phone numbers to the car yet, but ths is probably because I haven't made a dedicated effort (I tried one day while driving the car and couldn't get it to work...I know, stupid idea).

Quick Reply: Which bluetooth phone works with the new GS?