GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2005 All-Wheel-Drive Luxury Sport Sedan comparo

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-05, 07:22 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its funny, when Lexus wins a comparision, its because its THE BEST CAR. When someone else wins a comparsion, its been BECAUSE its the sportiest. Far from being the best car.
Let me preface this by saying I own a GS430 and love it. However, your statement above is nothing more than pure fanboy hyperbole. Give it a rest already. You don't have to feel so threatened everytime Lexus doesn't win a comparison test. While I do think you make some good points from time to time, you need to realize that Lexus & Porsche are not the alpha and omega of the automotive world. Their are many other great vehicles on the market, including the M35/45.
Old 08-02-05, 07:43 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dseag2
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about my my "fugly rear ended" M45 Sport when I get in and press the start button. And everytime I see a new GS on the road I'm reminded of my two test drives of the GS430 and breathe a sigh of relief that I bought something fun to drive instead. It's too bad you hate the tail end of the M so much because you'll be seeing a lot of it.
oh man, someone took my OPINIONS tooo seriously Why the F ppl dont understand THIS IS A FREAKIN LEXUS BOARD so DO expect alot of OPINIONATED/BIASED/maybe sometimes FANBOY like discussions regarding our LEXUS vehicle. I am SO glad that you get in your car and press the start button......enjoy your car...do not get me wrong the M is a FINE car...the VERY few i have seen in MONTHS here in socal i liked until i saw the BIG, HUGE and "out of its place" piece of brake lights and such in the back and realized THANK GOD i bought my "LEXUS" GS. I dont have to worry about taking the car on a track and race some punk. It has PLENTY of power that i need and could care for. I really wanted stay away from GS vs M discussion but I agree with SICK that the M owners i think roam around online and look for negative stuff about the GS.......and jump in.

I apologize if i hit a nerve there but I am a member of a LEXUS BOARD not INFINITI so expect comments like that in the future and btw (CAUTION: HIGHLY OPINIONATED COMMENT AHEAD ) when i am stuck on the 91 i would rather be behind a M than be IN it and be thinking "so i bought this car for performance??? and got the uninspiring interior and rear end with it too???"

Thanks.

Last edited by NYlexus; 08-02-05 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-02-05, 07:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwaters
Let me preface this by saying I own a GS430 and love it. However, your statement above is nothing more than pure fanboy hyperbole. Give it a rest already. You don't have to feel so threatened everytime Lexus doesn't win a comparison test. While I do think you make some good points from time to time, you need to realize that Lexus & Porsche are not the alpha and omega of the automotive world. Their are many other great vehicles on the market, including the M35/45.
If you read what I said on many occasions, clearly the M35/45 is a great vehicle. I just said the whole CLASS is full of good cars. Since Lexus is never the SPORTIEST, It has to win on OVERALL merits, thus a COMPLETE package. When a magazine chooses the SPORTIEST car, well, then, they will choose the SPORTIEST car, no matter how bad the fit and finish, no matter how ugly etc.

I didn't even jump into this conversation until some anti-Lexus rhetoric was stated. And if I was so much of a fan boy, I WOULD NOT HAVE POSTED THE THREAD THAT LEXUS WAS LAST IN THE COMPARISON.

So please, give it a rest.

Old 08-02-05, 09:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dseag2
Funny, that's exactly how I feel about my my "fugly rear ended" M45 Sport when I get in and press the start button. And everytime I see a new GS on the road I'm reminded of my two test drives of the GS430 and breathe a sigh of relief that I bought something fun to drive instead. It's too bad you hate the tail end of the M so much because you'll be seeing a lot of it.
Mmmm ... an Infiniti fanboy ready for the slaughter

It's too bad your M's economy is worse than that of the GS ... it's too bad your M45 starts to run out of steam on the highway while the GS430 keeps on going thanks to it's seemingly endless top end power.

It's also too bad that next year you'll be seeing A LOT of GS tails, according to a rumour a little bird told me, something about the GS getting a "slightly" better V8 engine
Old 08-02-05, 10:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Here we are again...."your M45 beat my GS430" ...by a whopping 0.2 seconds. My car is better than yours juvenile type of argument. Typical Infiniti fanboy mentality.."Buy Infiniti - Feel superior because your car is only marginally faster than the competition". LOL. Grow up.

Wow we've gone WAAAAY off topic. Why is it that a particular fanboy following always has to ruin a perfectly good discussion? Perhaps it's time to close this down.