GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-05, 03:19 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP!!!

I reduced the cold tire air pressure in the tires on my new '06 GS300 from 40(!) to 33 (as per the door sticker). Now I get the low tire pressure message. I tried following the directions in the manual to "initialize" the system with the new air pressure, but it won't work! Has anyone done this before. I'll call the dealer's service dept. tomorrow, but they are 45 minutes away and I prefer to fix it myself if possible.

thanks!!!!
Old 07-31-05, 06:03 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by costanza
I reduced the cold tire air pressure in the tires on my new '06 GS300 from 40(!) to 33 (as per the door sticker). Now I get the low tire pressure message. I tried following the directions in the manual to "initialize" the system with the new air pressure, but it won't work! Has anyone done this before. I'll call the dealer's service dept. tomorrow, but they are 45 minutes away and I prefer to fix it myself if possible.

thanks!!!!
put more air. and reset warning light. btw what did the manual say to do?
Old 08-01-05, 05:20 AM
costanza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by koolaidman
put more air. and reset warning light. btw what did the manual say to do?

I don't want to add more air. I want to keep tires at recommended 33psi. I hate the fact that dealer's allow highly over-filled tires to leave their lot. Excessive PSI causes a very harsh ride and uneven wear. Anyway, manual says to set parking brake, start engine, hold reset button until the low tire icon on dash flashes 3 times and you see "initialize pressure" on display, wait 20 minutes without turning off engine. I must have tried this 3 or 4 yimes and it never completed. I would get the icon flashing and "initialize pressure" would show on the display, but it wouldn't stay on the screen (but manual doesn't say if it should stay on the screen or not).
Old 08-01-05, 08:03 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Take no chances, and take her back to the dealer for service just in case.
Old 08-02-05, 05:59 AM
costanza
Pole Position

So I guess no one here has had to adjust their tires' pressures up or down to the recommended 33 psi pressure and had to re-initialize the system?
I e-mailed my salesman who said he'd talk to the techs' at their shop to find out what the "secret" is to getting this to work.
I DO NOT see a a 90 mile round trip to the closest Lexus dealer in my future
Old 09-17-05, 05:14 PM
bigzip
Driver

I noticed my tire pressure warning message on after I left the house this morning. I turned around, went back home and checked the pressure in all my tires, thinking one was flat (I have run-flats). It turns out that two had 27.5 psi and the other two had 28 psi. I adjusted all of them back to 33 psi and the warning went out. I didn't have to push the reset button.

We had a drop in outdoor temperature in my area so I'm assuming that is what caused the lower pressure.

Does anyone know at what low pressure reading the warning message is supposed to come on?

costanza, what did you finally end up doing to fix your problem?
Old 09-17-05, 05:56 PM
costanza
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bigzip
I noticed my tire pressure warning message on after I left the house this morning. I turned around, went back home and checked the pressure in all my tires, thinking one was flat (I have run-flats). It turns out that two had 27.5 psi and the other two had 28 psi. I adjusted all of them back to 33 psi and the warning went out. I didn't have to push the reset button.

We had a drop in outdoor temperature in my area so I'm assuming that is what caused the lower pressure.

Does anyone know at what low pressure reading the warning message is supposed to come on?

costanza, what did you finally end up doing to fix your problem?
Turns out my gauge was wrong
I adjusted the pressure back up using another gauge and the warning went away