GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-12-14, 04:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-07, 05:54 PM
makena88
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by business1s
I've been following the discussion in this thread. I just got an 07 GS 350, and i was wondering if 20' will rub at all without any other mods? it seems like a lot of people are opting for 19' instead of 20s, is there a reason?
I went 19's for the ride, but I really don't know how 20's feel like. This is my family car so I didn't want to take any chances.

Old 06-20-07, 08:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by makena88
I went 19's for the ride, but I really don't know how 20's feel like. This is my family car so I didn't want to take any chances.

That looks really sharp. Love the 841R's. Those are $$$$.
Old 06-20-07, 10:03 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by makena88

that looks great, I think I'm going the 19' route
Old 06-21-07, 12:36 PM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

Default New to Forum

Hello All! I'm new to the forum and I've been reading posts for 3 hours a day for at least the last 2 - 3 days. I just purchased my 2007 GS350 Triple Black and this website has made me fall in love with the car. I live in Orlando FL and I went to Joe at Ultimate Audio to customize my new ride. I purchased some 20" MHT 2 piece forged alloy wheels. They are a staggered fitment with a 2 3/4" lip up front and a 4" lip on the back. I wrapped those with some Nitto 555's. I love the speed of the GS but the exhaust note didn't so it justice, so I got Tanabe's Mediallion exhaust for a polished look and deeper sound. Last but not least I'm sending my taillights off to a paint shop to get smoked. I'm leaving the backup lights clear but doing a medium smoke on all the red (I saw a memeber on here that had it done, looks incredible.)

The exhaust will be here in a couple of weeks and the wheels are going to take at least a month I couldn't wait that long so I did I little photoshop on the new car (not the best photoshop, but it gives me an idea of the look).

Anyway, I love the car and I'm learning alot from this forum. So thanks for everything and please be patient with my noob questions.

Old 06-21-07, 01:41 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to CL and the 3GS family.
Those are some really nice wheels you chose. I like the exhaust mod but I wouldn't smoke the tails. Hopefully, it'll look the way you want.
Old 06-26-07, 09:48 AM
chieway
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
Sorry Cerberus, I had to post this to share it w/ other members. BEAUTIFUL!!! Happy nutting guys!

Edit - 10/28/06 - 9:30a PST - added 4th pic...
Anyone knows what's the setup of the rims
Wheel Make & Model:
Wheel Size (diameter and width):
Wheel Offset Front:
Wheel Offset Rear:
Old 06-26-07, 11:13 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at the ridiculous large negative camber on the last picture, you will eat up tire at an alarming rate with a set up like this...
Old 06-26-07, 11:20 AM
phattbam
Lead Lap

maybe it's the angle of the shot too...
Old 07-04-07, 01:58 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phattbam
maybe it's the angle of the shot too...
Yup, or else the buildings would have negative camber too :]
Old 07-05-07, 10:29 AM
tomzookn
Driver School Candidate

Default How to change the readouts to KM ?

How to change the readouts in the speedo of an 06 GS300 to get odometer in kilometers and temperature in Celcius ?
Old 07-07-07, 01:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DUFF Ace
Hello All! I'm new to the forum and I've been reading posts for 3 hours a day for at least the last 2 - 3 days. I just purchased my 2007 GS350 Triple Black and this website has made me fall in love with the car. I live in Orlando FL and I went to Joe at Ultimate Audio to customize my new ride. I purchased some 20" MHT 2 piece forged alloy wheels. They are a staggered fitment with a 2 3/4" lip up front and a 4" lip on the back. I wrapped those with some Nitto 555's. I love the speed of the GS but the exhaust note didn't so it justice, so I got Tanabe's Mediallion exhaust for a polished look and deeper sound. Last but not least I'm sending my taillights off to a paint shop to get smoked. I'm leaving the backup lights clear but doing a medium smoke on all the red (I saw a memeber on here that had it done, looks incredible.)

The exhaust will be here in a couple of weeks and the wheels are going to take at least a month I couldn't wait that long so I did I little photoshop on the new car (not the best photoshop, but it gives me an idea of the look).

Anyway, I love the car and I'm learning alot from this forum. So thanks for everything and please be patient with my noob questions.

Welcome to Clublexus
Old 07-08-07, 02:17 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its neg camber...
Old 07-09-07, 09:18 AM
DUFF Ace
Rookie

Default They couldn't make these :(

Originally Posted by DUFF Ace

So my auto shop called me a couple of days ago and said that MHT couldn't make these wheels anymore but instead they will let me pick out a wheel set from http://www.modularsociety.com/. Modular Society does 2 piece and 3 piece wheels. The ones I chose were 3 piece Take a look

and here is me photoshopping a little....
Old 07-22-07, 07:54 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how come no one has created a 2GS style rear spoiler?

Has anyone seen a non-lip spoiler on the 3GS?
Old 07-23-07, 02:05 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

D2T....That body kit you're sporting is just plain sick!!!! I really like the exhaust tips/kit on the new LS460....so to see it done on a GS is cool.

Nice pics....

Thanks....Brian

Quick Reply: Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!