GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HELP with low pressure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-05, 09:06 AM
KINGPING
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blue GS.. i tried the pressing the button 5 times thing and it didnt work.. the lights keep flashing.. any update or maybe im doing it wrong??? let me know.. thanks..
Old 10-31-05, 09:31 AM
blue06gs
Driver

Honestly, i have NO idea what i did other than what i described in my earlier post. But it worked on my car. I'm sorry to hear that its not working for you, i wish i could be more help....

the only other thing i can think of, is that there is yet another push button switch under the passenger side column....basically same spot as the first switch i described but this one is on the passenger side....

my dealership told me that that switch is meant for people on the east coast for when they want to put winter tires on. meant to bypass the tire pressure system so they dont have to buy 4 new sensors....

sorry i couldn't be of more help...
Old 10-31-05, 09:36 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KINGPING
blue GS.. i tried the pressing the button 5 times thing and it didnt work.. the lights keep flashing.. any update or maybe im doing it wrong??? let me know.. thanks..
it's actually 6 times...and last time you're supposed to hold the button between 5-10 secs.
Old 10-31-05, 09:57 AM
blue06gs
Driver

Originally Posted by foofighter
it's actually 6 times...and last time you're supposed to hold the button between 5-10 secs.
foofighter - did it work for you on your car?
Old 10-31-05, 09:58 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

i've yet to do that...my 20's that came in had a slight problem that we're trying to work out.
Old 10-31-05, 09:59 AM
KINGPING
Driver School Candidate

so do u have to push the switch on the passenger side setting too or leave that on main???
Old 10-31-05, 11:04 AM
akim47
Driver

Originally Posted by trent
Wow!!! There's no way the existing valve stems can be transfered over??
Yes, they can be transferred over. I paid $200 to mount and balance my wheels, because it included the labor to transfer over the pressure sensors. In addition, they guarantee their work, and obviously, will pay if they break anything. Well worth the money spent. Just last week, my low tire pressure warning light came on, and I thought "what the hell?" In the end, it turned out that my tire pressure was low. After putting more air in the tires, the warning light went away, and I also picked up 2 mpg in gas mileage!!!

Most dealers don't know anything on transferring the system over. Tustin Lexus in CA, for example, said it could not be done. They showed my the door and said "good luck." If you are not in So Cal, maybe you can call the place I went to and get some pointers. www.shorelinemotoring.com. They have a pic posted of my car in the gallery, under other imports. Don't comment please, I know my car looks nasty and will continue to look that way until someone comes out with C/Os....

AK
Old 10-31-05, 11:13 AM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

akim47: why not run the tanabe springs till the c/o's come out?

Your car looks nice as heck...you have PM btw
Old 10-31-05, 02:25 PM
KINGPING
Driver School Candidate

any help??? has anyone else tried the button thing?
Old 10-31-05, 02:51 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

the other not so cool method would be to get a rear go kart wheel and tire...throw the sensors into them and inflate the tire up to 32psi...put this wheel/tire in the trunk and you're done.
Old 10-31-05, 03:15 PM
akim47
Driver

akim47: why not run the tanabe springs till the c/o's come out?

Your car looks nice as heck...you have PM btw
thanx. i checked it all out. looks to be quite a bit of labor. also, dont want to take the spring off the stock shocks, put new ones in, take it all out again, etc...

i thought tein was supposed to be releasing the ss for the gs anytime now....

kinda sucks though because i hear the ss line is no good... tanabe has a c/o system that is out in japan, but they do not want to send it here. the explanation i received, was that the c/o system was tuned for japan, where i guess the streets are a lot smoother than in the states. they do not want to be held liable should something go wrong with your car, so there is additional r&d going into it before they release a us product... who knows, maybe its a bunch of bs...

ak
Old 10-31-05, 03:41 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

it's the whole "it'll be ready in 2 weeks"
Old 10-31-05, 08:58 PM
blue06gs
Driver

the other not so cool method would be to get a rear go kart wheel and tire...throw the sensors into them and inflate the tire up to 32psi...put this wheel/tire in the trunk and you're done.
What if we throw all 4 into the spare tire?? you think that will work also?
Old 10-31-05, 09:52 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

koolaidman has suggested that on numerous occassions and i never understood what he meant by that until someone told me about the go kart tire trick...yes i dont see why it wouldnt work
Old 10-31-05, 10:21 PM
blue06gs
Driver

koolaidman has suggested that on numerous occassions and i never understood what he meant by that until someone told me about the go kart tire trick...yes i dont see why it wouldnt work
Cool...Thx for the tip foofighter!

And i'm sorry my tip didnt work

I have no idea why it would work on my car but the same procedure would not work for someone else

Quick Reply: HELP with low pressure sensors