GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

HELP with low pressure sensors

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-05, 08:56 PM
akim47
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with low pressure sensors

I really do not know what to do. I have my new wheels and tires ready to go. The low pressure sensors are apparantly located in the stock valve stems. Well, my new wheels have an L valve stem that is nothing remotely like the stock. Basically, the valve stems can't be transferred over. What are my options? So I not transfer the valve stems over? If it is just a warning light, I can live with it. The dealer told me that I might get a warning beep all the time while I am driving. Please help with advice on what to do!!!

Oh yeah, on another note I talked to the TEIN rep at the Formula D race in Irwindale on Sat. He said there is no additional news on coilovers for the GS. Expect 2-3 months until they come out.

Arnold
Old 08-28-05, 10:01 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by akim47
I really do not know what to do. I have my new wheels and tires ready to go. The low pressure sensors are apparantly located in the stock valve stems. Well, my new wheels have an L valve stem that is nothing remotely like the stock. Basically, the valve stems can't be transferred over. What are my options? So I not transfer the valve stems over? If it is just a warning light, I can live with it. The dealer told me that I might get a warning beep all the time while I am driving. Please help with advice on what to do!!!

Oh yeah, on another note I talked to the TEIN rep at the Formula D race in Irwindale on Sat. He said there is no additional news on coilovers for the GS. Expect 2-3 months until they come out.

Arnold
ur sol sorry

unless some1 has found a way to bypass it.

i havent tried this yet. dont plan on it unless i have to

tell me if the first 1 works
there is a tire selection change it to second. this might bypass it but im not 100% sure

take it to the dealer. have them erase the tire pressure id codes.

either way im not 100% sure if will solve ur problem
Old 09-25-05, 03:42 PM
blue06gs
Driver

i had the same problem on my 300 when i put 20s on her...

look under the dash (by the foot pedals on the drivers side).....theres a little black button there that controls tire pressure sensor warning...it has a logo on it that looks like a flat tire and says "SET" on it....

press the button 5 times and on the 6th time hold it for approx 5-10 seconds, not exactly sure...

do it while the car is on, then turn off the car. once you turn it back on the warning should be gone.....
Old 09-25-05, 06:21 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blue06gs

look under the dash (by the foot pedals on the drivers side).....theres a little black button there that controls tire pressure sensor warning...it has a logo on it that looks like a flat tire and says "SET" on it....

press the button 5 times and on the 6th time hold it for approx 5-10 seconds, not exactly sure...

do it while the car is on, then turn off the car. once you turn it back on the warning should be gone.....
This bypasses the tire pressure monitoring system permanently?
When you put the 20's on your car...did you transfer the sensors onto your custom wheels?
Any additional info / clarification you could provide blue would be appreciated.. I'm looking to put some rims on my car within the next few weeks and i will definately have to face the same issue....
Old 09-25-05, 06:50 PM
blue06gs
Driver

i had the same problem akim47 had.....the stock sensors did not fit in my custom rims so i constantly had the "Low Tire Pressure" warning on my dash as well as two other lights that would blink (very annoying)

i'm not sure if the procedure i described disables the system permantly or just resets the system. either way the lights are now gone and i couldnt be happier.
Old 09-25-05, 06:53 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

i had the same problem akim47 had.....the stock sensors did not fit in my custom rims so i constantly had the "Low Tire Pressure" warning on my dash as well as two other lights that would blink (very annoying)

i'm not sure if the procedure i described disables the system permantly or just resets the system. either way the lights are now gone and i couldnt be happier.

Cool....but how did you guess the 5 button push followed by the 10 sec hold...not something that intuitive?
Old 09-25-05, 07:10 PM
blue06gs
Driver

a local lexus dealer instructed me to do that....for some reason they were the only dealership that knew of that button under the dash
Old 09-25-05, 07:13 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

the other way i was told was to use a rear go kart wheel and tire. throw all 4 of the sensors into the tire...pump up the air to 32 psi or whatever it is and put the go kart wheel in the trunk out of the way and you should be fine.
Old 09-25-05, 07:20 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

a local lexus dealer instructed me to do that....for some reason they were the only dealership that knew of that button under the dash
Thanks a lot ...this will help me out tremendously...

BTW....welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 09-25-05, 07:27 PM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do anyone know if you can buy new sensors from the dealer to transfer to the new wheels?? I'm planning on buying some new wheels for my car also, but would like to keep the low tire pressure system function on the car.
Old 09-25-05, 07:28 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trent
Do anyone know if you can buy new sensors from the dealer to transfer to the new wheels?? I'm planning on buying some new wheels for my car also, but would like to keep the low tire pressure system function on the car.
you can they run around $120 each
Old 09-25-05, 07:29 PM
blue06gs
Driver

Originally Posted by GS4fun
Thanks a lot ...this will help me out tremendously...

BTW....welcome to Club Lexus!

THX.....i had no idea this website even existed....i read the Lexus Owners Club site too, but this board has so much MORE information than the other board. i think i've switched for good.

and to answer trents question, you can buy new sensors, but they are $190/each from Lexus
Old 09-26-05, 11:58 AM
trent
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighter
you can they run around $120 each

Wow!!! There's no way the existing valve stems can be transfered over??
Old 09-26-05, 12:05 PM
blue06gs
Driver

there is, but in certain custom rims, the valve stems are different....i've talked to other people who have had no problem transferring the stock sensors.

that wasn't the case for me...
Old 09-26-05, 01:24 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

i'm so glad you found this out...i'll try these when i get my wheels...

Quick Reply: HELP with low pressure sensors