GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

they ripped off my clear bra!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-05, 08:59 PM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it was called wilshire car wash or something, located in vermont and 5th. I'll have to check out the place on the 3rd st. As meticulous as i am, I end up spending more money on those wash-it -yourself. I keeping pumping those quarters in the machines. I rather not pay more money and have to work for myself on the car.
Old 08-30-05, 09:57 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should call around for mobile detailers. i have a guy that comes to my neighborhood on weekends and does a bunch of cars for us and the neighbors - a full day's worth. he charges $20 for sedans and $25 for SUVs, which is pretty typical pricing at car washes if you get the "works" - wheels, tires, etc. he is incredibly meticulous and knows luxury cars (cleaning nav screens, leather, etc) and he didn't think twice about the push button start.

he also won't take tips and works from his truck - he will take the cars to the street instead of wash on my driveway. his truck has a water tank and pump. he does an amazing job on the cars, and when he is done he parks the cars in the garage and dries up any loose drops after parking. i am having him do all 3 cars this weekend; i can take some pics if you want to see - it is far better than any car wash i've ever been through (haven't used them in years) where you pay $17.99 + tip.

there are a lot of mobile detailers around. before this one, i used to have mobile detailers come to our office to wash the car so i wouldn't have to wait 30 minutes at some gas station wash. if you see any detailers near your work or home, you should jot down the number and start using them! most of the mobile detailers have "areas" they cover; they won't make a special trip just for one car.
Old 08-31-05, 12:58 AM
Butta
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusls430
Touchless is the way to go, of course it doesnt clean 100% but your car is safe 100%. Touchless will never hurt your car.
Costa Verde Touchless Carwash in La Jolla/San Diego puts a million scratches in my clear coat, which ends up being very noticable on my Black Onyx GS
Old 08-31-05, 01:29 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by merclexus
i think it was called wilshire car wash or something, located in vermont and 5th. I'll have to check out the place on the 3rd st. As meticulous as i am, I end up spending more money on those wash-it -yourself. I keeping pumping those quarters in the machines. I rather not pay more money and have to work for myself on the car.
That's the one across from the Jack in the Box right? That's the one I used to go to awhile back before I found the Chevron car wash on 3rd.
Old 08-31-05, 05:44 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Butta
Costa Verde Touchless Carwash in La Jolla/San Diego puts a million scratches in my clear coat, which ends up being very noticable on my Black Onyx GS

how does touchless car wash put million scratches on your car?
Old 08-31-05, 09:35 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Butta
How in the blue hell does a touchless put scratches in your clearcoat? Unless of course you drive up against the walls of the wash when you drive in~ LOL
Old 08-31-05, 10:02 AM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

Yup, right across jack. I was actually going to get a burger there at the time casue i was so hungry, but I decided i should wait. I take my eyes off for less than 5 mins, and they're peeling off the bra. just my luck.

The mobile detailers sound interesting though my goolgling has only brought up $30 and up for car wash and most require 3 car minimum.