GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

they ripped off my clear bra!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-05, 03:57 PM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default they ripped off my clear bra!!

Two weeks after getting my aeroshiel installed, i just took my car in for its first car wash. I was very skeptical b/c i'm sure those guys aren't familiar with the push-button engine start and the clear bra, but here in LA, I have no choice b/c my place doesn't have a place where i can wash the car on my own. I tell the guy who takes the what kind of wash I want, to becarefull with the bra and not to wipe against it. He tells me to tell the guy who'll be drying/wiping my car off.

After my car goes through the wash process, sure enough he doensn't know how to start the engine. After I start the car for him and he takes it to a corner where he can clean my car, I instruct him to be careful and that this is a clear bra. They all use illegal immigrants here I believe so this guy barely speaks any english. But he nodds and says "oh cover, cover, OK". So I assume he understands that he knows this is a cover and knows that it should be on there. Five minutes after turning back and sitting in the shade for a bit, (it was a hot day!), I peek up to see how he's doing. I see two guys near my car (one was the owner), doing something frantic over there. I run over and they're peeling of the bra!!!

I'm like what the hell are you doing!! The owner claims that the guy who took the car wash order said I wanted it off. "Why would I request something like that on a clean job. You can't even tell it's on the car!" He calls the guy over and ask if I requested it to take it off. He say "no" he didn't, thank goodness for the honest guy.

I was pissed but he did reimburse me for the job. However it doesn't make up for the waste of my time (i had to wait 5 hrs), and seeing them peeling really hurt. All there is left is the righ fender and the mirrors.

Now when I took my car home, I noticed the lines halfway up the hood where the bra covered up to. No matter how hard I tried, i could not get this off. It's so faint, it's barely noticeable. But it is there. Now I wonder what if this was on for few years, will the lines be more apparent and permanent? I'm debating whether I should get this redone or not. My wife was pointing out these other cars without any chips on their hood. It was true, I haven't seen a single car that had any chips except my accord. But then, my accord's hood paint was redone due to an accident, so maybe the paint was weaker. dilemma...

sorry for the long post, but i had to vent
Old 08-29-05, 04:02 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they should be paying for a new clear bra install
Old 08-29-05, 04:04 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn man

sorry to read this

you need to find a good friend who will let you use his driveway to clean

lots of members here
Old 08-29-05, 04:09 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Really sorry to hear
Old 08-29-05, 04:19 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
you need to find a good friend who will let you use his driveway to clean
That's good advice. Hopefully you can borrow a friends driveway or use their apartment complex car cleaning area.

I avoid car washes like the plague. More likely than not you'll end up with problems. If you are keeping the car for a long time, then definitely get the clear bra reapplied. Especially since the car wash should be covering the costs.
Old 08-29-05, 04:44 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Man I hate how people who dont have nice things take care of our nice things like they wish they had nice things. WHAT? well you know what I mean. lol
Old 08-29-05, 05:15 PM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

yea i know what you mean... thanks guys.

What I really need is to buy a house of my own. Not many of friends and including me can afford houses in LA these days. Just condos or townhouses.

I've actually taken my other car to this car wash all the time. It's 2 blocks away, very convenient.

Some how, i just knew somethng will happen cause of the new tech and bra design.
I should have stood right there next to him while he was working on my car... next time.
Old 08-29-05, 05:19 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well now that you have joined Cl

you have like 30,000 friends

CA has a huge following

have you seen the Nor Cal//\\ SoCal forums
Old 08-29-05, 05:39 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my well water is so crappy, I go to the touchless car wash at Mobil station and then dry it with a MF towel. When I get home I touch it up with a clean MF towel and Meguiars quick detail spray.

touchless don't hurt anything, do they?
Old 08-29-05, 06:32 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Touchless is the way to go, of course it doesnt clean 100% but your car is safe 100%. Touchless will never hurt your car.
Old 08-29-05, 06:35 PM
Tuna
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chuckb
my well water is so crappy, I go to the touchless car wash at Mobil station and then dry it with a MF towel. When I get home I touch it up with a clean MF towel and Meguiars quick detail spray.

touchless don't hurt anything, do they?

it can...their water is recycled so it's not the greatest water either
Old 08-29-05, 08:03 PM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

thanks, I didn't know there actually was a regional forum either. I think water in LA is bad in general. What's a MF towel?
Old 08-29-05, 08:05 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MF is short for MicroFiber towels. Great towels for detailing.

Can be found on Pakshack.com You can ask for Clublexus Discount.
Old 08-29-05, 08:07 PM
merclexus
Driver School Candidate

ah, i see. thanks,
Old 08-29-05, 08:38 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear what happened. The few times I've taken my car to a carwash, I never took my eyes off my car for more than a minute. Which carwash was this? And where in LA are you located? There's an all hand wash carwash on 3rd street (near Fairfax) in the Chevron gas station...haven't had a problem with their service yet. If you want to wash the car yourself, there are plenty of wash-it-yourself places all over LA...that would be my suggestion if you can't wash it at home.

Quick Reply: they ripped off my clear bra!!