GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

when does the insurance company raise your premium?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-05, 11:57 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry when does the insurance company raise your premium?

some ****er hit my front bumper today and ran off. thank god i didn't see him/her do it, i swear i would've killed that son of a *****. the front bumper will most likely have to be replaced due to a very deep scratch, the fog light is pushed back into the bumper, one of the parking sensor is broken, and my headlight aim is off (pointing down).

the damage is to the front driver side bumer. the bastard was probably comming (making a left) out of the gas station and swiped my car (street parked in front of the gas station) with his door. i'm sure the bastard who hit my car got some damage on his driver side door/doors.

if i report this to the insurance comapny and they pay for the damage, will they raise my premium? one of my friend said no and another friend of mine is telling me yes. i'm going to give them a call and ask tomorrow morning, but i cant trust insurace people. anybody have experience in this kind of crap?
Old 10-29-05, 12:16 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexuSteve
some ****er hit my front bumper today and ran off. thank god i didn't see him/her do it, i swear i would've killed that son of a *****. the front bumper will most likely have to be replaced due to a very deep scratch, the fog light is pushed back into the bumper, one of the parking sensor is broken, and my headlight aim is off (pointing down).

the damage is to the front driver side bumer. the bastard was probably comming (making a left) out of the gas station and swiped my car (street parked in front of the gas station) with his door. i'm sure the bastard who hit my car got some damage on his driver side door/doors.

if i report this to the insurance comapny and they pay for the damage, will they raise my premium? one of my friend said no and another friend of mine is telling me yes. i'm going to give them a call and ask tomorrow morning, but i cant trust insurace people. anybody have experience in this kind of crap?

That sucks. I know what your two friends are saying but over all it is best to get your insurance involved. If it is clear the damage is not your fault then you will have nothing to worry about; hopefully your insurance company sees it that way. If not, have them fix it and then raise holy hell with them. I know it sucks but sometimes you have to B****. Hopefully your Insurance Company makes it easy for you and you won't have to sweat it. If they see it your way your premiums will not go up; If it looks questionable then get ready for battle.

Last edited by Raptor.1; 10-29-05 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-29-05, 06:56 AM
Corey140
Intermediate

I would think it would be covered under your comprehensive portion of the policy...
Old 10-29-05, 08:55 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Corey140
I would think it would be covered under your comprehensive portion of the policy...
i agree. technically you are allowed a certain limit on comprehensive claims per year. AAA gives me 3. you won't get dinged on your premium right that moment, but it is possible/likely that their system factors in any and all claims, regardless of fault, when renewing your policy the next year.
Old 10-29-05, 09:32 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by lexuslover
i agree. technically you are allowed a certain limit on comprehensive claims per year. AAA gives me 3. you won't get dinged on your premium right that moment, but it is possible/likely that their system factors in any and all claims, regardless of fault, when renewing your policy the next year.

Sorry, as been a insurance agent, I can tell you that it is a collision claim. But it consider a hit-and-run and it is not chargeable. depends on how long you insured with that company and your previous driving record. For us American Famliy, if you insured with us for more than 1 year, your premium will not chang a bit, on the other hand, good driver discount will not apply anymore, so will go up a little more.
What is your deductible?? if you know some bodyshop, they might get it fix for under 500.
GL.
Old 10-30-05, 10:57 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

i haven't been with my current insurance company for that long (maybe 3-4 months?). my deductable is $1k.
Old 10-31-05, 12:14 PM
longjohn
Rookie

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Sorry, as been a insurance agent, I can tell you that it is a collision claim. But it consider a hit-and-run and it is not chargeable. depends on how long you insured with that company and your previous driving record. For us American Famliy, if you insured with us for more than 1 year, your premium will not chang a bit, on the other hand, good driver discount will not apply anymore, so will go up a little more.
What is your deductible?? if you know some bodyshop, they might get it fix for under 500.
GL.
So he wasn't even in the car when it happened and his good driver discount goes bye-bye Shouldn't the good driver discount pertain to things that happen while he is actually in the vehicle? Where's the justice?
Old 10-31-05, 12:30 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

a claim is a claim, even it counts as nonchargeable. Good Driver rate is for people has absolutely no claims records or tickets whatsoever.

If you deductible is 1K, you might get a quote around and see how much the actual repair cost.
It might be under 1k
Old 10-31-05, 08:00 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by longjohn
So he wasn't even in the car when it happened and his good driver discount goes bye-bye Shouldn't the good driver discount pertain to things that happen while he is actually in the vehicle? Where's the justice?
exactly! damn these insurance companies
Old 10-31-05, 08:02 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by blacksc400
a claim is a claim, even it counts as nonchargeable. Good Driver rate is for people has absolutely no claims records or tickets whatsoever.

If you deductible is 1K, you might get a quote around and see how much the actual repair cost.
It might be under 1k
yea, well, i'm going down to longo lexus either tomorrow or wednesday to get an estimate. hopefully its nothing major and i can just fork over the money to get it fixed.