GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

strange creeking noice

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 10:26 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a creaking noise coming from the drivers seat. The dealership had to remove and re-attach the seat (said it was not aligned properly). After the fix, noise was gone.

Still have a rattle from the rear shelf area. Oh the joys of owning in the first year of a new model.
Old 12-08-05, 11:01 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's a couple of TSB's that may apply to this rattle/creeking issue:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/112...U001-05/1.html
Attached Thumbnails strange creeking noice-rattle.jpg  
Old 12-08-05, 11:02 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/112...002-05/21.html
Attached Thumbnails strange creeking noice-creek.jpg  
Old 12-08-05, 11:59 AM
lexusnole
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I hear the same exact noise in the dashboard/windshield area. The noise started a few weeks ago when the weather turned colder. When I brought the car in to my dealer two weeks ago for the 5000 service, they could not offer an explanation. They mentioned that there were no TSB's issued. Seems that my dealership is not on the ball...

Last edited by lexusnole; 12-08-05 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-15-05, 09:18 PM
cmmc
Driver School Candidate

Angry

Originally Posted by lexusnole
I hear the same exact noise in the dashboard/windshield area. The noise started a few weeks ago when the weather turned colder. When I brought the car in to my dealer two weeks ago for the 5000 service, they could not offer an explanation. They mentioned that there were no TSB's issued. Seems that my dealership is not on the ball...
Add me to the list. At 5k service, the dealership cannot find the problem, but they're sure trying, doing all they can to help identify and cure it. Its very prevalent in the cold weather and driving me crazy...I need to start carrying a rubber mallet in the car so I can bang on something.
Old 12-19-05, 11:37 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SGT
Here's a couple of TSB's that may apply to this rattle/creeking issue:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/112...U001-05/1.html
Mine is looking like it is the left dash speaker. I will try to get the issue addressed on the
5K.

Thanks for the clue SGT!
Old 12-19-05, 01:41 PM
MartinGS
Driver School Candidate

I have the same sound from the left speaker area, but I don't have a ML sound system.
Old 12-19-05, 08:20 PM
scotts
Driver School Candidate

Default windshield rattle

I spoke with a mechanic at my lexus dealer, who informed me that the clips that hold the windshield are causing the problem. He claimes he fixed one already.I have a appointment for next week. I will keep you guys posted. Mine is not a speaker rattle.
Old 12-20-05, 01:21 PM
alxmorse
Driver School Candidate

I just took mine in yesterday morning... they are currently fixing it no questions asked, they also said it could be the front windshield clips as well and if so they would be replacing those as well, bad news is it's been 2 days

well they replaced the speaker but they determined that it's the front window clips causing it so they are replacing those

Last edited by alxmorse; 12-20-05 at 04:16 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-21-05, 07:31 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

Count me in for the same center dash/winshield noise on my GS300 AWD with 8K miles. Like others, the noise or rattle gets worse as it gets colder. Looking forward to hearing the results from those with their GS's at their dealers.
Old 12-21-05, 01:57 PM
alxmorse
Driver School Candidate

Default I got my car back

the dealer finally finished my car so i'll will be picking it up sometime today to see what they actually fixed
Old 12-21-05, 03:45 PM
GS4_LEX
Driver School Candidate

Default Yeah some here too.

I have a squeak thats next to my left ear that comes from the door panel rubbing against the glass. I can push down on it and it goes away. When I push down on it I can make it squeak.

Also in one other post someone mentioned a LOUD CRACK or POP near the roof line when they turned sharply. My noise came when I turned around on a unlevel parking lot and it POPed when I was on the high part of the area of the turn.

I also get the rest of the creaks that everyone else has experienced as well.

My service is not due but I am coming in on this now. It drives me NUTS!!
Old 12-21-05, 04:36 PM
gsrocks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS4_LEX
I have a squeak thats next to my left ear that comes from the door panel rubbing against the glass. I can push down on it and it goes away. When I push down on it I can make it squeak.

Also in one other post someone mentioned a LOUD CRACK or POP near the roof line when they turned sharply. My noise came when I turned around on a unlevel parking lot and it POPed when I was on the high part of the area of the turn.

I also get the rest of the creaks that everyone else has experienced as well.

My service is not due but I am coming in on this now. It drives me NUTS!!
That would be me. Does the noise happen when the wheels one of the wheels is on the high part? For example when the right front wheels go over the high part first while rest of the wheels are still at level?
Old 12-21-05, 05:29 PM
lexlovgs
Driver School Candidate

I had center dash/winshield noise on my GS300 AWD and right side front speaker unit was making the noise. I have ML.
The noise or rattle gets worse as it gets colder. Car was in the shop for two days.

Just got it back. They have replaced new speaker unit and hooks on speaker system and readjusted some kind of rubber between moon roof glass and the roof.
All the noise is gone and am very happy. But my other Lexus ES330 does not make any noise what so ever!
Did I pay more money on GS than ES? What is going on?
Old 12-21-05, 07:50 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexlovgs
I had center dash/winshield noise on my GS300 AWD and right side front speaker unit was making the noise. I have ML.
The noise or rattle gets worse as it gets colder. Car was in the shop for two days.

Just got it back. They have replaced new speaker unit and hooks on speaker system and readjusted some kind of rubber between moon roof glass and the roof.
All the noise is gone and am very happy. But my other Lexus ES330 does not make any noise what so ever!
Did I pay more money on GS than ES? What is going on?
I just discovered a rattle in the front right between the center and right speakers by the windshield. Can't make out the exact location but it seems like the same creek you guys are all getting. I still have a rattle by the rear right passenger door, which nobody else seems to have. All of these will be mentioned to the dealer when I bring it in for my 5k service.

Quick Reply: strange creeking noice