GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

strange creeking noice

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 09:01 AM
alxmorse
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my car back

finally the dealer finished the repairs they replaced all the front speakers the glove box and the front windshield clips .... the car is actually quieter than when I first bought it
Old 12-22-05, 09:03 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alxmorse
finally the dealer finished the repairs they replaced all the front speakers the glove box and the front windshield clips .... the car is actually quieter than when I first bought it
Good news, at least they know what's wrong and how to fix it.
Old 12-22-05, 09:23 AM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SGT
I just discovered a rattle in the front right between the center and right speakers by the windshield. Can't make out the exact location but it seems like the same creek you guys are all getting. I still have a rattle by the rear right passenger door, which nobody else seems to have. All of these will be mentioned to the dealer when I bring it in for my 5k service.

I also have some of these creaks and groans.I'm not ready for 5k yet but I might bring her in early.
SGT I thought I had a rattle in the door area but it seems to have quit.
Old 12-22-05, 01:15 PM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

I spoke with my service advisor at my Lexus dealership today concerning the windshield/dash rattle noise when it's cold. He said he was aware of the problem and they have not determined a fix yet. They've had a few GS's for this problem but nothing they've done is a conclusive remedy. He said Lexus is aware of the problem and he hopes theres a TSB on it soon. For those that have it fixed, can you be any more specific about what may have fixed the problem?

Regarding the loud "POP", I've heard it once on my GS about 3 months ago. I mentioned it to my service advisor and he said he's not aware of this problem.
Old 12-22-05, 03:04 PM
alxmorse
Driver School Candidate

Default the fix

They replaced all the front dash speakers and the front windshield clips also the glove box... this will fix the problem or at least it did for me... when i took in, my service technician drove with me and said he new what it was the minute he heard it... down side is it took three days, also they fixed my headlight washer cover, they are pressure fit and if its windy it will blow or fall of f
Old 01-03-06, 05:52 PM
costanza
Pole Position

I've noticed this creaking sound in our car as well! Add that to the rattling I hear from the passenger door and the squeaking I hear from the driver's door panel when I rest my elbow on it while driving.
Old 01-04-06, 07:31 PM
scotts
Driver School Candidate

Default squeaks and rattles

I just got my gs300 back from the dealer. I think the noise from the dash is fixed. they said they had to add insulation to the cowl area under the windshield???? The other problems are a squeak in the drivers seat and a rattle in the roof when you close the drivers door. They tell me those are normal (bull####). HELP can anybody else with those problems please tell me how they fixed them?? i`m trying very hard to love this car.I`ll know if the windshield is fixed when it get cold again.
Old 01-05-06, 06:09 AM
DaveJ
Lead Lap

scottts, that's great news that maybe the windshield noise is fixed. Sorry to hear about the other noises though. When I drove my GS yesterday at about 45 degrees fahrenheit I could just barely hear the windshield noise. Once it returns to a steady freezing temperature here I'm sure the noise will return, and I'll probably take it to the dealer at that time.
Old 01-06-06, 08:29 AM
jyg es3
Driver

Default creaking noise from windshield

Glass people came to replace windshield of wife es300. I asked abpout creaking noise on new gs-300 that you guys are talking about. They place 3m foam under the two lower windshield clips that secure windshiled to body. Apparently these clips rub on body and cause noise. Also stress cracks can result from this. That is why foam, is used. They have been talking to lexus techline about the problem.
Old 01-06-06, 09:49 AM
scotts
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the windshield imfo. I took the car back yesterday so they could fix the other rattles(seat ,sunroof).I also located the rattle from the sunroof area, if you tap on the headliner in front of the dome light mine rattles like some kind of support is lose???.I dont know what is causing the squeak in the drivers seat. I`ll keep posting results. Thanks for all your imput.
Old 01-07-06, 01:14 PM
SanseiGS43
Driver

JUST FIXED THE RATTLEING NOICE THAT COMES FORM THE FROM WINDSHEILD. TURNS OUT TO BE THAT PIECE OF PLASTIC THAT COVERS THE WINSHIELD WIPER MOTORS. THE SOUND CAME FROM THAT PIECE RIGHT WHERE IT MEETS THE WINDOW. ALL I HAD TO DO IS REMOVE IT AND PUT A SMALL STRIP OF DYNAMAT ON THE UNDERSIDE ALL THE WAY ACROSS RIGHT WHERE IT MEETS THE WINDOW. RATTLING NOICE GONE
Old 01-09-06, 07:24 PM
scotts
Driver School Candidate

Default finally feels right

Its been a long 5 days but it seems to be fixed finally. They replaced some bushings in the front stabilzer,no more squeak in the seat and no more rattles from the headliner . The windshield clips were replaced and insulation was added to the cowl area.It sounds quiet like when I first took delivery.. I hope this is the end of my problems.
Old 01-13-06, 09:12 PM
scottmyers
Pole Position

Just had the GS in the dealership for two days for the windshield clips and center console creaking. Seems to be fixed at this point, but will wait to see what happens when it gets cold. The dealer told me they have had several GS's in for the same issues.

Really not acceptable for a Lexus.
Old 02-02-06, 02:38 PM
Baptizer
Driver School Candidate

Seems like most people are complaining about noises in the front of the car. Has anyone experienced noise in the rear, sort of where the back speakers are? it sounds like it is coming from the back corner (on the driver side).

It is extremely annoying and it started today. It has been really cold the past few months, but today it was 65.

EDIT: Oops, spoke too soon: Looks like I overlooked page two which had a very informative post (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=18).