GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My 02 GS430 lease is coming to an end

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-05, 07:55 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ed, it looks like I'm sort of paralleling you in what I did. The lease on my 2002 GS300 SportDesign finished at the end of November and I ended up leasing a M45 Sport with the same options that you got. I've had it since November 28th. I almost waited until the beginning of December for a black obsidian/graphite M35 Sport (yes M35) with journey, tech, aero kit and rear dvd entertainment system that was going to arrive at a local dealer but it was only going to be $30/month less to lease than the M45 Sport which I ended up leasing ($665/month for the M35 versus $695/month for the M45). I also didn't need the rear dvd entertainment system even though I think it's nice to see it offered as option on a sedan. I know that lease payment difference between the M35 Sport and M45 Sport sounds low but it wasn't like they were going to overcharge for the M35 Sport. The dealer was going to give me the car for $500 over invoice. Plus the deal I got for the M45 Sport was great.

I originally wanted an M35 Sport mainly because of the better gas mileage and the cheaper cost over the M45 Sport plus you can get the same exact options in the M35 Sport as the M45 Sport (which is something that Lexus should do with the GS300 and GS430). I also figured that the extra power would be a waste since I do most of my driving around Queens, Manhattan and Long Island.

I ended up in the M45 Sport because the dealer gave me an unbelievable lease deal. It was $695/month, no money down, 8.625% tax in the payment. Drive off was $1496 which included first payment and all fees (i.e. bank fee, document fee, dmv fee).

I still need to take some pics but between the weather, working and shopping on the weekends and the transit strike, I haven't had time during daylight to take pictures.
Old 12-22-05, 10:40 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Sam, sounds like we did very similar deals, although the power was a must for me as South Fla traffic and the highway system near me allows me to take advantage of it. My lease was going to be $694 until they ran my credit and lo and behold my GF was late on a few payments on a vehicle which I co-signed on so she could get 0% interest in 2003. That drove my payment to $734 due to the higher money factor. Very similar to my GS 430 which was at $726.

Originally Posted by Overclocker
Did you end up getting the car? The M45 in those pics seems to have a normal license plate and tint already...
This is my car in my driveway (picked it up Tuesday evening), I left a deposit Sunday and got them to come down on price even more after I left (more than $40/mo after calling in a favor on the credit rating issue) and to finalize the deal, they did the tint for free. I didn't ask, they offered. And they put the plate on it the night I picked it up, apparently the dealer keeps them on site, which was fine with me and the same price whether I transferred or got new plates. This actually works out better since I still have a week or so left on the lease and this way I can actually go thru the slow withdrawal of having to return the Lexus. I am going to miss my GS 430, but know that I will also be very happy with the M45. Too bad I can't keep both, just not feasible at this time, nor necessary.

Originally Posted by SGT
The M is lookin' very nice. How dark are the tints? And you got the sport package with 19's?
Thanks, the tint is the darkest the dealer would do, I really didn't check with them when they did it but will find out the specifics and let you know. I am very happy how it turned out. This car has the Sports Package, Tech Package, Journey Package, and the Aero Kit with the Stone Leather/Aluminum Interior (no rear DVD as I don't have kids and rarely is anyone in my back seat for extended periods of time.

Exterior Color is Diamond Graphite, which is the only item I had to compromise on since I really wanted Twilight Blue, but it is almost impossible to find one, let alone with the options I wanted. And the color has really grown on me, I think I am already happy that it came in this color rather than the Twilight Blue since it appears more sophisticated IMO. But I'm sure others will disagree, Too bad! I am the one driving it...LOL!

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 12-22-05 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-22-05, 12:20 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteTiger
Exterior Color is Diamond Graphite
So how closely does this color match the color of the 19" stock wheels? I'm curious.
Old 12-28-05, 02:54 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Sam Khoury
So how closely does this color match the color of the 19" stock wheels? I'm curious.
Close but not exact, tends to highlight the chrome trim more than the color.

The more I drive this car, the more I am glad with the decision. The other day I was driving on a banked on ramp (not cloverlear, but still a nice turn, thought I was doing about 80, looked down and the odometer was at 105. Then I actually got into it halfway thru the turn and the car just handled it. Rides sweet.

Today cruised down to Hollywood doing 110, so smooth. Of course mpg was just over 10..LOL!
Old 12-28-05, 03:46 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Close but not exact, tends to highlight the chrome trim more than the color.

The more I drive this car, the more I am glad with the decision. The other day I was driving on a banked on ramp (not cloverlear, but still a nice turn, thought I was doing about 80, looked down and the odometer was at 105. Then I actually got into it halfway thru the turn and the car just handled it. Rides sweet.

Today cruised down to Hollywood doing 110, so smooth. Of course mpg was just over 10..LOL!
WhiteTiger-I just saw an M45 sport a half hour ago and I must say it looked awesome
Old 01-10-06, 08:19 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Well now that I have had the car for a few weeks I must say that I am ecstatic with my choice of cars. I really thought that I was going to miss my GS 430 more but that hasn't happened.

The ergonmics took a little getting used to. Some items are close, but an inch moved here or there. I realize the getting used to was more due to the fact that I drove the GS for 39 months and when you're in a specific car that much it grows on you. Well in short time, I have found myself getting very accustomed to the M45 and it's controls.

There are a couple of minor complaints, but I had that on my GS too. When the lever is in drive on the M and you have you hand on the gear shift when making a right turn, it can cause the lever to move over to "manual" mode, not a big deal, but I wish there was some kind of lockout. The other complaint is the lack of a coin box, but I guess with my Sunpass for tolls I really don't need change and the coin box in the GS isn't anything to write home about either. (all very minor complaints on either car). The one thing the GS does have that the M doesn't is the electric folding mirrors. But for as often as I need to fold them, I'd rather have the power and handling that the M provides.

Other than that, I can actually say that I have "moved in" to the M45, I even catch myself at times waiting for doors on buildings to unlock as I approach...LOL! Yes, I know the GS does this too. But I feel more comfortable and in control driving the M over the GS. The console takes adjusting to, but now that I've done that, I really like the design and function of the controls. The bluetooth features and voice command items are very easy to use. In addition, the power, speed, and handling are impressive. A few times I thought I was doing maybe 80 or 90 to look down at the speedometer and see 120. Smooth, very smooth.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a little followup. Besides, I'm sure it's not too long before I own/lease another Lexus.
Old 01-10-06, 11:58 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyway, just thought I'd give a little followup. Besides, I'm sure it's not too long before I own/lease another Lexus.
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the M is treating you well