GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

What rims are these?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-05 | 12:04 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Does anyone know if it is possible to get these wheels with a polished
aluminum type look instead of chrome? The regular OEMs are pretty nice
and I am thinking of putting them on my car (to replace my 17's), but I am
afraid that the finish might be a bit dull in graphite.

Check your yellow pages. Do some calling around and eventually you will find what you’re looking for. These wheels can be polished just as easily as they can be chromed. Post some pictures if you get them done.
Old 12-23-05 | 09:30 AM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Raptor.1
Check your yellow pages. Do some calling around and eventually you will find what you’re looking for. These wheels can be polished just as easily as they can be chromed. Post some pictures if you get them done.
Thanks for the input. I looked around and found out that this type of finish requires
a lot of care in the Northeast, so I chickened out. They absolutely love to dump
the salt up here...

I just got the 18'' OEM takeoff wheels from Ebay and they are not at all dull looking,
especially since I will put them on a gray car
Old 12-24-05 | 12:55 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by marshmallo
Thanks for the input. I looked around and found out that this type of finish requires
a lot of care in the Northeast, so I chickened out. They absolutely love to dump
the salt up here...

I just got the 18'' OEM takeoff wheels from Ebay and they are not at all dull looking,
especially since I will put them on a gray car

I feel for you man, I know what it is like with all of the winter road maintenance. We don’t get nearly as much as you do but when it happens I try and not drive the GS. Rock chips from gravel, anti-freeze, and salt all just kill the car. So far we have had only a couple of days but even the residue left behind sticks around for a long time. I got the clear bra put on my car the day it came off the lot and already it has saved me from some chips and wear and tear.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet on the 18" OEMs, very clean and strong looking for the 430 stock wheels; Fits the car nicely. I know you will like them a lot.
Old 12-24-05 | 10:53 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Raptor.1
I feel for you man, I know what it is like with all of the winter road maintenance. We don’t get nearly as much as you do but when it happens I try and not drive the GS. Rock chips from gravel, anti-freeze, and salt all just kill the car. So far we have had only a couple of days but even the residue left behind sticks around for a long time. I got the clear bra put on my car the day it came off the lot and already it has saved me from some chips and wear and tear.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet on the 18" OEMs, very clean and strong looking for the 430 stock wheels; Fits the car nicely. I know you will like them a lot.
Thanks! These are very good wheels for stock. I think they are a nice balance between
luxury and sport. Ideally I would go for 19'' aftermarket wheels and lower the car, but the
huge potholes I've hit over the last few months changed my mind.

I think these 18''s and the 5 spoke LS 18''s are the nicest Lexus wheels.

About the clear bra, that is a great move. I decided to put one on mine after my 2GS's
windshield was cracked by a rock lauched from the rear wheels of a pickup truck