GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Why a GS over an M35/45/Nissan Fuga?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05 | 10:54 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GSKING430
Come on guys infinit changes cars, body styles, and everything else as much as I change my oil. There is no comparrion oh and how fast do the infinits depreiciate? I will stick with Lexus
It's too early to predict the resale value of the M for such a new model. Any predictions of resale is just a guess & may not actually come true a couple years later . . . but I don't think the M will have bad resale like the old one.
Old 12-18-05 | 11:53 AM
GSKING430
Driver

You Said Best Reslae Value Of 2006 Is That A Damn Oxymoron Or What? They Need Six Months To Tank So I'll See You In 07 When My 2006 Lexus Is Worth More
Old 12-18-05 | 12:17 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

You Said Best Reslae Value Of 2006 Is That A Damn Oxymoron Or What? They Need Six Months To Tank So I'll See You In 07 When My 2006 Lexus Is Worth More
Look.

The Blue Book value is what dealers need TODAY to know what a car is worth. They aren't wating 5 years to decide what resale is. Blue Book and others set resale standards. That's what any dealer you trade-in with will go by. That's not my opinion, it's not my rhetoric. It's stated FACT. I'm not trying to take anything away from the superb GS. But the idea that Infiniti's M will go bust in resale just because it's an Infiniti is simply a myth.

My question is. Why isn't the GS on that top list?

Last edited by speedflex; 12-18-05 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-18-05 | 05:38 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedflex
My question is. Why isn't the GS on that top list?
I'm hoping you will enlighten us.

FWIW, prior Infiniti models, especially the Q, have had horrid resale values. This has started to change with the recent models. Only time will tell if this will be the exception or the rule with Infiniti. At least with Lexus, resale values have traditionally been solid. Doubt this will change with the new GS.

Last edited by INHOCJP; 12-18-05 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-18-05 | 06:35 PM
GSKING430
Driver

Ok you buy an infinit and I'll see the new body style in a couple years and your will be old again
Old 12-18-05 | 06:36 PM
GSKING430
Driver

List scmist it's a prediction you trade your infinit in next year and I wish you luck. WHY WOULD THIS EVEN BE A DISCUSSION? AN INFINIT YOU SHOULD BUY A KIA
Old 12-18-05 | 06:40 PM
GSKING430
Driver

Car and driver also said that the Honda Civic is car of the year. You believe that too huh? Oh and let's see didn't all the infinits have that prediction. I actually feel sorry for you and am willing to give you a few dollars to help with all the negative eq your going to have you F%$$%$ing idiot
Old 12-18-05 | 06:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

(Somehow I think if I left this board for a year and came back there would still be p*ssing contests going on over Lexus vs. Infiniti )
Old 12-18-05 | 08:03 PM
Scott in H
Driver School Candidate

Wow... I really didn't want this thread to head in this direction.

I'm leaning towards Infiniti here, and seriously now considering buying a slightly used GS or M and then selling it to get the new GS next fall. I shouldn't take too much of a hit since I'll buy it used.
I just want the GS350/460 at least. I know I don't want to get 'stuck' with the 300/430 at this point. So, if I pick up a used GS or M that's lost 5-8k in value already, I bet by this time next year, it hasn't lost another 5-8k. I can sell it and get that new version of the GS.

I think both cars are so comparable, that for me, it came down to:
Infiniti offers a better looking Nav, factory installed XM, MP3 CD's and DVD's, and a rear entertainment factory system. That's about it. Those are the biggest reasons.
Old 12-19-05 | 07:06 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Car and driver also said that the Honda Civic is car of the year. You believe that too huh? Oh and let's see didn't all the infinits have that prediction. I actually feel sorry for you and am willing to give you a few dollars to help with all the negative eq your going to have you F%$$%$ing idiot

WHAT IS THIS????? A little info and you guys turn to complete jerks. You'ed think I called somebody out of thier name or something. Is it that personal to you? Sheeesh!

The thread asks why a GS over an M. Some were saying that resale is one reason. But by all evidence resale of the two cars should not be that big a factor if any at all. If this is how you guys respond when someone brings an alternate view then see ya.
Old 12-19-05 | 08:13 AM
dandd2
Lead Lap

wow

relax

seriously

relax

wow
Old 12-19-05 | 08:33 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Lightbulb Umm, Back on Topic

The main thing that the M has going for it, in my opinion, is that the Sport has the aluminum trim instead of wood. A big plus in my book.

I have been considering a GS/RL/M for a while now & I will say that most reviews seem to think that the M is the best of the bunch - most praise going to the driving/sportiness factor. So if that is what you want most, I would say that the M is your choice. The GS seems to be for those that prefer Luxury over the ride & the RL falls somewhere b/n the 2.

The M's MPG left a lil to be desired as well ... especially compared to the GS.
Old 12-19-05 | 09:12 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Scott in H
Wow... I really didn't want this thread to head in this direction.
He he, look what you started Scott

It's unfortunate that sometimes threads like these turn into Lexus vs Infiniti pissing matches. The reality is that you can't make a bad choice between the two cars. Good luck with whatever you choose
Old 12-19-05 | 12:14 PM
Scott in H
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
He he, look what you started Scott

It's unfortunate that sometimes threads like these turn into Lexus vs Infiniti pissing matches. The reality is that you can't make a bad choice between the two cars. Good luck with whatever you choose

Thanks
I'll let you know. I may not let the board know or I'll be excommunicated from ClubLexus if I don't choose the GS. hehe
Old 12-19-05 | 12:27 PM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

I looked at both cars GS430 and M45 (along with the C55 AMG and CTS-V). Decided on the M45 for a variety of reasons.

Had many of the same technology features (bluetooth, keyless, etc.) plus a few added features (voice activation, etc.) with more room in the car (hip, head, leg, etc.), more power, and on a 39 month lease the are using a residual factor of 59%. I have another thread out here where I discuss more of my decision in detail but too lazy to link at this time.

You really can't go wrong with either car, but I, as with most reviewers, give a slight nod to the M45 (loaded) vs the GS 430 loaded (although hard to find a 430 with Lev/Nav). Not sure on the M35 as I didn't drive it, but the only difference from what I can tell is the powerplant (6 vs 8).

Quick Reply: Why a GS over an M35/45/Nissan Fuga?