GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Verizon Wireless and Motorola Razr V3c

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-05, 04:22 PM
ACLC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon Wireless and Motorola Razr V3c

Does anyone have the Motorola Razr V3c with Verizon wireless? Is it compatable with Third Gen GS Bluetooth functions?
Old 12-23-05, 06:22 PM
Dman
Driver School Candidate

It's probably like the E815 I used to have. It works in that you can pair the phone with the car and when you make and receive calls through the car. But if you want to import your address book for phone numbers and addresses for your Nav, forget it. Verizon disables the OBEX feature in all of its bluetooth phones.
Old 12-23-05, 06:52 PM
ACLC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Dman
Verizon disables the OBEX feature in all of its bluetooth phones.
Why would Verizon do this?
Old 12-23-05, 07:42 PM
Dman
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ACLC
Why would Verizon do this?
Because they want you to pay for everything. Normally, sending a picture taken by the phone to your computer, printer or friend via bluetooth is totally free. With Verizon, you have to pay for every time you send it anywhere.
GSM phones (used by T-mobile and Cingular) have full bluetooth capability.
Old 12-24-05, 11:09 AM
oliveiraej
Rookie

Everyone's got it right. I had a great Cell phone guy who tranfered my phonebook to a Sony Cell phone that is one of the only ones that will allow you to down load your complete phonebook. Also before you do the transfer you need to have your contacts with multiple phone numbers split out;

Ernie Cell XXX XXX XXXX
Ernie Home XXX XXX XXXX

Lexus will not understand the mutilple phones on a single entry.

So save time and do that first with your phonebook management software and then download the phone book data.
Old 12-24-05, 01:25 PM
ACLC
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=oliveiraej]Everyone's got it right. I had a great Cell phone guy who tranfered my phonebook to a Sony Cell phone that is one of the only ones that will allow you to down load your complete phonebook.QUOTE]

What service and model phone do you have?
Old 12-24-05, 10:51 PM
oliveiraej
Rookie

I have a Verizon Razor V3. However the phone Chris at Shore Cellular used to do the complete phone book transfer was a Sony ????.

Chris first uploaded my Current Razor Phone Book to his computer, then loaded it into this Sony ???. He then went into the car and loaded the phone book from the Sony phone. After that he deleted the Sony phone from the bluetooth list and loaded my phone in.

Everything worked except that I had people with Mulitple enteries ie, Ernie Oliveira , with Home, Cell and work under the name Ernie Oliveira. The only phone number that transfered was the first number. So what I am doing now is greating a new phone book on my PC with single entries, ie, Ernie O Cell ,
Ernie O home, Ernie O work. This will allow me to have all the numbers I need in the lexus phone book and to program anything into the speed dial numbers. I hate doing things manualy on a screen in a car or on a phone.

Hope that helps
Old 12-25-05, 06:12 AM
ACLC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oliveiraej
I have a Verizon Razor V3. However the phone Chris at Shore Cellular used to do the complete phone book transfer was a Sony ????.

Chris first uploaded my Current Razor Phone Book to his computer, then loaded it into this Sony ???. He then went into the car and loaded the phone book from the Sony phone. After that he deleted the Sony phone from the bluetooth list and loaded my phone in.

Everything worked except that I had people with Mulitple enteries ie, Ernie Oliveira , with Home, Cell and work under the name Ernie Oliveira. The only phone number that transfered was the first number. So what I am doing now is greating a new phone book on my PC with single entries, ie, Ernie O Cell ,
Ernie O home, Ernie O work. This will allow me to have all the numbers I need in the lexus phone book and to program anything into the speed dial numbers. I hate doing things manualy on a screen in a car or on a phone.

Hope that helps

So a Razor V3 with Cingular should transfer the phone book over without a problem.
Old 12-26-05, 09:31 AM
toyemp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACLC
So a Razor V3 with Cingular should transfer the phone book over without a problem.
Not really. The GSM version of the Razr will only allow you to transfer one phone # at a time, not the entire phone book. For phone entries with multiple #s (like described above) will only transfer the first phone # associated with the name.

I have both a Cingular Razr and a Verizon Razr and used to have a T-Mobile Razr until a couple weeks ago (switched to Verizon). The first batch of Verizon Razrs actually have OBEX enabled by mistake but there is no menu option for transfering data so it is useless for car use. But it does allow you to transfer entries via bluetooth to your computer if you have a bluetooth card. Verizon will be turning off OBEX in the next batch of Razrs hitting the stores though since they realized they goofed.
Old 12-27-05, 01:11 PM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dman
Verizon disables the OBEX feature in all of its bluetooth phones.
Actually Verizon didn't disable OBEX on the RAZR V3c which surprised a lot of people. Here's are a couple of threads on HowardForums about OBEX on the V3c.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=791789
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=801378

Also, here's a thread on HowardForums about the V3c with a Lexus. Apparently there are some issues.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=795530

Also, the Bluetooth Qualification Program Website indicates that the V3c supports OBEX, OPP-Server and OPP-Client profiles so technically you should be able to transfer the phonebook to the Lexus.

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templat...ProductID=2627