GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

bluetooth phone users

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 07:05 AM
brn2rnjk1
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bluetooth phone users

I know the discussion of verizon and trying to get the phonebook in to the lexus. But once you have it in, isn't it frustrating that you cannot dial a phone book entry while moving? Am I missing something? What good is it if I have to stop the car even to dial a phonebook number?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Jim
Old 01-01-06, 07:36 AM
JDMstuff
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can always transfer the entry into the one-touch dial menu. It is still frustrating, but your most dialed numbers are accessable while moving. You can always dial from the phone itself, but that negates any benefits of having hands-free.
Old 01-01-06, 04:06 PM
zlajoie
Driver School Candidate

I've got a razr/cingular and the one touch dial option is the only way to make calls while moving. Another issue I have is if I want to dial while moving I have to do it from the phone obviously, but there is a long delay in the connection being made and hearing it through the speakers. Everytime I call, I never hear the phone actually ringing and the person on the other end has already answered and is about ready to hang up the phone by the time I hear them.
Old 01-08-06, 05:25 AM
mbeegs300A
Driver School Candidate

Mod your car... simply snip three wires, tie some back and jump out the vehicle speed sensor. Not only will you be able to dial while driving, you will have full access to the phonebook.
An added bonus is that you will now be able to play DVD's on our touch screen if you have the Mark Levinson system.
I did it and I LOVE it!
Old 01-08-06, 06:34 PM
gwmgwm
Driver School Candidate

Default Agree....very annoying

Originally Posted by zlajoie
I've got a razr/cingular and the one touch dial option is the only way to make calls while moving. Another issue I have is if I want to dial while moving I have to do it from the phone obviously, but there is a long delay in the connection being made and hearing it through the speakers. Everytime I call, I never hear the phone actually ringing and the person on the other end has already answered and is about ready to hang up the phone by the time I hear them.
Surely Lexus would be working on correctly these issues..... also you are not allowed to see the title of the song playing on the radio while moving....but you can still see the title in the screen with the station buttons....just in a SMALLER format....another little annoyance.
Old 01-09-06, 04:15 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

We just got our GS 2 weeks ago and I plan on porting my phone number from my Nextel phone to a Bluetooth enabled Cingular Razr to work with the car. However, after reading all of your posts it seems like the only "real" benefit for a bluetooth phone in a Lexus GS is to answer a phone call. I never use the memory "speed" dial on a cell phone to make calls, why would I utilize it in the GS system. The only way I can get around it is to remove the head unit and cut/cap some wires. I didn't buy a new car to do all that. For convenience the Acura Nav/Bluetooth systems are so much more user friendly. Why did they make the Lexus this way, for safety? Heck if I can't make a bluetooth call while I am driving I'm gonna pull my phone out of my pocket anyways, isn't that more dangerous? Also, what;s the deal with the delay issue mentioned above?