GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Dear GS430 owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 08:29 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dear GS430 owners

Dear GS430 Owners,

How is everyone doing?

First of all, I want to wish every Club Lexus member a Happy New Year!!!

I have two questions for all of you GS430 drivers.

Q1: What other cars did you have in mind before deciding to go ahead with the GS430?

Q2: Why did you decide to go with the GS430?

The Audi S4 and upcoming RS4 look very interesting. But I have driven only Lexus cars because of their excellent reliability and durability.

Thank you for your time and help!
Old 01-02-06, 08:41 AM
gs430jw
Pole Position

Happy New Year

Q1: What other cars did you have in mind before deciding to go ahead with the GS430?

I looked at the CLS500 and 750i

Money was the deciding factor, those cars are not worth the 20 to 30 thousand there asking for

Also I will be seriously looking at that RS4, that car is just sick!!
Old 01-02-06, 10:22 AM
BosGS430
Driver School Candidate

I went from a Audi S6 to the GS430. Loved the Audi except that it was very sensitive to wheel balancing even with 17 in wheels (known issue with C5 A6 platform) - very annoying. The GS430 is quicker, lighter and the electronics work better (and costs less). That being said, the RS4 is interesting though much smaller than a GS.
Old 01-03-06, 10:05 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MY GS300
The BMW 645 coupe was my first choice. Loved the car, but the lackluster interior and impending change to the 650 made me hesitate. I'm also a gadget guy, so the lack of options like smart access and the push button start were disappointing (although they are available now). Will look at this car again in a couple years when it's time to switch cars.

I also looked at the M45. Great value, thought it drove very well. In the end I just couldn't get over the interior (the busy dash, orange lighting, and Infiniti logo sewn on the seats). But still a very fine car.

Originally Posted by MY GS300
I guess the GS430 was the "safe" choice for me. My previous Lexus, a '99 GS300, had been almost perfect in the seven years I had owned it. I've come to appreciate the reliability and great customer service that comes with Lexus ownership. Although the 460 was about a year and half away, the jump from my old 300 to the 430 enough to satisfy me for now.

Not sure what car I'll get in a couple years. Maybe the GS460 or the new LS. But I still have that soft spot for the 6 series.
Old 01-03-06, 03:05 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gs430jw
Happy New Year

I looked at the CLS500 and 750i

Money was the deciding factor, those cars are not worth the 20 to 30 thousand there asking for

Also I will be seriously looking at that RS4, that car is just sick!!
Thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it!

Enjoy your GS430!!!
Old 01-03-06, 03:07 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BosGS430
I went from a Audi S6 to the GS430. Loved the Audi except that it was very sensitive to wheel balancing even with 17 in wheels (known issue with C5 A6 platform) - very annoying. The GS430 is quicker, lighter and the electronics work better (and costs less). That being said, the RS4 is interesting though much smaller than a GS.
I also thank you for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

I am looking forward to seeing the new RS4 in person.

I saw the GS430 in person and it looks very nice.
Old 01-03-06, 03:10 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
The BMW 645 coupe was my first choice. Loved the car, but the lackluster interior and impending change to the 650 made me hesitate. I'm also a gadget guy, so the lack of options like smart access and the push button start were disappointing (although they are available now). Will look at this car again in a couple years when it's time to switch cars.

I also looked at the M45. Great value, thought it drove very well. In the end I just couldn't get over the interior (the busy dash, orange lighting, and Infiniti logo sewn on the seats). But still a very fine car.

I guess the GS430 was the "safe" choice for me. My previous Lexus, a '99 GS300, had been almost perfect in the seven years I had owned it. I've come to appreciate the reliability and great customer service that comes with Lexus ownership. Although the 460 was about a year and half away, the jump from my old 300 to the 430 enough to satisfy me for now.

Not sure what car I'll get in a couple years. Maybe the GS460 or the new LS. But I still have that soft spot for the 6 series.
Thank you also for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

I like the exterior of the BMW 6 series. But the interior is not my taste.

From the 2nd generation GS300 to the new GS430 is a very nice jump!
Old 01-06-06, 09:10 PM
omgitsrev
Driver School Candidate

Good to see that there's at least one Red Sox fan in NY

I picked up my GS430 (used) about 2 weeks ago and I'm still loving the car.

I was looking primarily at an M3 and the m45.

I've always had a desire for the M3, but when it came down to sheer practicality, the M3 just wouldn't have cut it for me. Fantastic car, drives extremely well, but living around the Northern Virginia/DC area where traffic is killer and the horrible roads, decided against it. I'm glad now, because the GS430 is probably one of the most pleasant cars to sit in during traffic

I think the m45 drives even better than the GS, but as other people have stated, the interior is horrible. You'd expect a little better fit and finish for a car thats competing in this class. I wasn't really a fan of the whole hodge-podge styling on the exterior either.

Another reason i got the lexus was because I previously had a '92 sc400 and my dad has an '03 sc430. Never had a problem with either of them and as all lexus owners know, lexus service is the best in the business.

Good luck choosing your new car, I've seen reviews on the RS4 and it looks like its going to be a BEAST. Let us know what you end up choosing.
Old 01-07-06, 12:33 AM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omgitsrev

I've always had a desire for the M3, but when it came down to sheer practicality, the M3 just wouldn't have cut it for me. Fantastic car, drives extremely well, but living around the Northern Virginia/DC area where traffic is killer and the horrible roads, decided against it. I'm glad now, because the GS430 is probably one of the most pleasant cars to sit in during traffic

I think the m45 drives even better than the GS, but as other people have stated, the interior is horrible. You'd expect a little better fit and finish for a car thats competing in this class. I wasn't really a fan of the whole hodge-podge styling on the exterior either.

Another reason i got the lexus was because I previously had a '92 sc400 and my dad has an '03 sc430. Never had a problem with either of them and as all lexus owners know, lexus service is the best in the business.

Good luck choosing your new car, I've seen reviews on the RS4 and it looks like its going to be a BEAST. Let us know what you end up choosing.

Exactly! I tried the same cars you did and felt the same way on all points. Sure the Infinity performs better but the interior didn’t feel right at all. Same for the Bimer, interior was odd and I didn’t want to risk the hell of it all. You made the right choice.
Old 01-07-06, 09:23 AM
Red Sled
Driver School Candidate

Default Decision

I also looked at the M45 but did not bother to test drive it as I personally could not get past the interior. Probably a good thing I did not give it a spin as it could have made my choice a little more challenging. Now when I see the 45 I'm glad I have my 430 even though somewhere in the back of my mind I know they are all over me in performance. Same sentiments as echoed in this thread about the 645, not enough there to justify the price bump and the reliability factor.

Raptor.1 looks like we have the same ride except for the interior (grey for me). Are you happy that you have the chrome o***s instead of aftermarket rims? and how about the clear bra are you satisfied with the look and installation? I KNOW you are ok with the color as that red really pops and turns some heads .

Mark
Old 01-07-06, 03:10 PM
Raptor.1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Sled
Raptor.1 looks like we have the same ride except for the interior (grey for me). Are you happy that you have the chrome o***s instead of aftermarket rims? and how about the clear bra are you satisfied with the look and installation? I KNOW you are ok with the color as that red really pops and turns some heads .

Mark
Well to answer your questions, I started with the stock OEM wheels but wanted the chrome version because I felt it matched the car better. This however is a temporary fix becauses I do want to eventually go with after market wheels. Yes I am totally happy with my wheels right now, they really are a nice look for a stock rim. My first move will be to lower the car, after I put some miles on the runflat tires and finally make my choice for a replacement wheel, then I will make my move. Right now, the car is just to new and beautiful to mess with it. But I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel~

Clear Bra~ Absolute must, the car still looks new off the showroom floor. Venture is the way to go.

Last edited by Raptor.1; 01-07-06 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-07-06, 09:30 PM
BkLexZ
Pole Position

I currently own a 99 GS300, and I looked at a 2006 gs430, 2003-4 E55 AMG, 2004 645CI, OR 2005 M3. Im in no rush to upgrade but Im leaning toward the E55.
Old 01-11-06, 04:30 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Hi there

Thank you for your post and congratulations with your new car!!!

Are you also a Red Sox fan?

Originally Posted by omgitsrev

Old 01-11-06, 04:32 PM
MY GS300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BkLexZ
I currently own a 99 GS300, and I looked at a 2006 gs430, 2003-4 E55 AMG, 2004 645CI, OR 2005 M3. Im in no rush to upgrade but Im leaning toward the E55.

You are looking at very fine cars. You have excellent taste!!!