GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

"Snap, crackle & pop" goes into shop tomorrow :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-06, 10:41 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drck1000
SGT - Hey man. Nope, I still have to loaner. I called (I had to call them to check-up on status) on Friday afternoon and they requested that they keep it Saturday and will let me know today (Monday) on the status. On Friday, they reported that the tech had the door panels off and was trying to locate the source of the rattles and were taping up wiring and such to secure them. They were supposed to move on to the brakes next. I should find out more later on today. Still 8am here (Hawaii). Will post and let you know.

On a side note, I called and talked to the Lexus service manager about my car. The first day they had it, they reported that they didn't even take a look at it. The appt scheduler said that it should take no more than a full day and said that I didn't need to request a service loaner. So when they didn't even take a look at the car, my options were to find a ride home (last minute) or come back another day. BS, I waited 2 weeks to get this appointment after picking up my BRAND NEW car! I don't think I am more important than other service customers, but why have me come in and not even get my car looked at? Then the second day, they reported that they replaced the interior trim for the driver's B-pillar (my friend gouged the panel with his key) and that's it! A 30 minute procedure is all that got accomplished on a second day. And this is after the service manager got involved, he agreed with my assessment of the situation and said that he would make sure that I was taken care of. Haven't heard from him since last week Thursday. My patience is getting very short with this situation. I am also very disappointed with the service (or lack thereof) that I am receiving and the lip service that I am getting from the service consultant and the manager. Will be asking for an explaination for why this took so long and WHY my car wasn't even looked at on the day that I took it in. I ended up getting a service loaner, but I had to pursue that with my sales agent.
That's disappointing to say the least. If they're going to put off working on it they should keep you in the loop. My dealer has been great to me so far, during the few times I brought my car in for minor things. Hopefully your dealer will have good news for you when (if) they get back to you today.
Old 03-07-06, 09:25 PM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Brought mine in today for the 5k and dash issues.2 hours later the car is squeekless.
Old 03-11-06, 07:24 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got my car back from the dealer and they got rid of the moonroof squeaking by lubing it up. They were not able to replicate the dash/windshield squeaks, probably because today is 60 degrees and it usually only happens when it's cold outside, like below 40. They also couldn't hear the rattle in the rear passenger door, but told me to bring the car back in a few weeks so they could test it out again. I'll let you know how it goes when I bring it back.