GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My car was broken into...I give up the 'LIFE'.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 01:27 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I am sorry for all of this happening to you but honestly...I think you put yourself in this situation by going to a night club at 12am through 3am (this is usually when all the criminals strike). I don'tknow about your past incidents with criminals and your car but I'll just assume that they mostly happened at the night clubs you were at.

If you enjoy modifying your car. It is probably time to think about life-think about moving on. Get out of the crappy place that you live and get away from all that is bad.

But yea, I am always scared somebody will just knock my windows and steal my nano (which by the way is sitting in plain sight)

Last edited by G Star; 02-08-06 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-08-06, 01:34 PM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah about the aftermarket alarm....I have no personal experience with Viper Alarms but I know that the AutoPage alarms are awesome.... I think a member was hinting to this system earlier..

When your alarm goes off with this system... the key chain unit/pager will page you and you can come kick some ***...
Old 02-08-06, 01:36 PM
SUPRAboy80
Pole Position

Here's the link...

http://www.autopageusa.com/

check it out...
Old 02-08-06, 01:50 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPRAboy80
Oh yeah about the aftermarket alarm....I have no personal experience with Viper Alarms but I know that the AutoPage alarms are awesome.... I think a member was hinting to this system earlier..

When your alarm goes off with this system... the key chain unit/pager will page you and you can come kick some ***...
that is correct But I would sneak up on the bastards then club them. Then I would call the cops. The pager systems are great. They have a range of 1/4 mile for real. I can remote start my car inside the mall. When I got it installed, I had the installer thump my bumper with his palm while I was half way down the block with the remote, and the pager alerted me. Amazing.... DEI makes makes Viper, Python, Clifford, they are all the same just the remote colors are different. Autopage is good too. Good luck.
Old 02-10-06, 06:54 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

First off, North Bergen isnt a great area, and certainly neither is JC that someone else mentioned.. My old GS400 was stolen from hackensack...Lesson? You go to a decent place but in an even slightly sketchy area, you should expect something to happen.
A lot of stuff happens at Garden State, so I always valet it there if and when I go, even though I usually shop at short hills mall.

Just have to do what you can to avoid places without secure parking or without valet...and if they dont have either, make sure its in a better area. Otherwise, you have to accept that it might happen.

Honestly though..if you get hte pager, what are you gonna do? Go catch them? And if they pull out a gun , what are you gonna do? bleed on them? Damn theyre scared. I would beg them to steal the car and make it disappear!
Old 02-11-06, 06:43 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Xotic Sc,

I didnt post looking to take blame. I just posted to share my experience as many on forums usually do.

No I dont put myself into these situations. I haven't partied or gone clubbing in 2 years. I dont drink and I dont smoke. I dont modify my car at all (no tints. no aftermaket sound system, no rims). When I arrive at a location where I am going to park, I turn the audio OFF so as to not attract too much attention. I use valet and parking facilities whenever possible. I live in downtown Brooklyn Heights, NY in a brownstone that I own thats pushing 1.9mil in property value and rising (unfortunately no garage, so I have to rent a space at a garage next door). You can google research the neighborhood and see that Brooklyn Heights definitely is NOT a crappy place to live.

The incidents my cars go through occur ANYWHERE and at any given time of day (not just evenings). It's just bad luck man. Everyone I know tells me the same. I have had bad luck with cars since the day I got my license. Overall though I'm still appreciative I have held on to all my teeth and limbs throughout these unfortunate events.

SUPRAboy80,

She's my ex because she is dangerous (the type of woman suckers like me go crazy for) and apparently for good reason because she didn't help pay for anything even though she said she would. I wasnt intending on really taking her money but only testing her to see if she keeps her word. She didnt..as usual. I paid for all the damage and replacement Ipod. Oh yes and I will never date her again..lol.
Old 02-11-06, 06:46 PM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by ThemisN
Honestly though..if you get hte pager, what are you gonna do? Go catch them? And if they pull out a gun , what are you gonna do? bleed on them? Damn theyre scared. I would beg them to steal the car and make it disappear!
Youre right...
Old 02-11-06, 07:10 PM
that_guy
Driver

too bad there isnt something that shocks people when they touch the car like in Goldeneye

Last edited by that_guy; 02-12-06 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-12-06, 06:13 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ThemisN
First off, North Bergen isnt a great area, and certainly neither is JC that someone else mentioned.. My old GS400 was stolen from hackensack...Lesson? You go to a decent place but in an even slightly sketchy area, you should expect something to happen.
A lot of stuff happens at Garden State, so I always valet it there if and when I go, even though I usually shop at short hills mall.

Just have to do what you can to avoid places without secure parking or without valet...and if they dont have either, make sure its in a better area. Otherwise, you have to accept that it might happen.

Well you call the cops and tell them there is a crime in progress, thats if you don't hit the theif over the head with a brick.