GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

My car was broken into...I give up the 'LIFE'.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 04:43 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My car was broken into...I give up the 'LIFE'.

Well I went out tonight to some restaurant/lounge club in N. Bergen, New Jersey. Arrived there at 1130pm. Left at 3am. My car was in the parking lot of the club. As I walked to it I noticed all the windows fully down. and sunroof wide open. I did a walk around and saw the drivers door lock on the handle popped off. and a small indentation in the door behind the handle where I guess they stuck a screwdriver to pry off the doorlock cover. No alarms went off. It seemed to be a very very neat job. The person/s were looking for goods and got away with my ipod nano. This sucks.

I just had the hood repainted last week after it being totally keyed up and this week someone keyed it again and now this. A month before I repainted the hood I had some minor front fender damage fixed from someone who hit and run. Geico is gonna drown me. One more incident within 3 months and Im sure to sell the car and buy a Toyota Prius.

My last car was an 04 Infiniti G35coupe and it was keyed over and over mercilessly in different areas of NYC. I also seemed to catch a nail or have my tire slashed every month with that car.

I cant have a nice car. Even with valet parking at home and parking in valet garages in NYC and everywhere I go, trouble always follows my car.

I am pretty calm about this now. I guess I've sort of gotten used to it and I am thankful. It could be worse. The thieves could have went further and totally vandalized the car by tearing the leather and breaking glass and such but they didnt. They just took the ipod nano.

I am beginning to HATE people and wish cancer on their mothers and really beginning to HATE NYC but thats just my anger and I dont really mean it. I swear one more incident within 3 months and I will sell it and buy a prius. Nobody troubles a prius.
Old 01-22-06, 04:49 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

That is some real upsetting crap. Sorry to here that bro. That is why im getting an aftermarket alarm with a pager, so I can catch the clowns in the act. Check my post in the NE forum
Old 01-22-06, 05:02 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

Damn ! Sorry to hear man
Old 01-22-06, 08:58 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

thats real bad son, just get a better alarm
Old 01-22-06, 01:40 PM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to have something nice. There are a lot of jealous people out there and they will try and ruin someone elses pride and joy. Then there are the thieves. They should all be hung and then shot just for good measure.
Old 01-22-06, 02:10 PM
S L I C K
Lead Lap

Some people in the world are just a waste of air and sorry excuses for human beings. My 2002 Lexus IS 300 got keyed ( hood, trunk, left side, right side ) two weeks after I got it and my 2005 Acura TL has been spit on numerous times. Sorry to hear about your GS.
Old 01-22-06, 03:00 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about your misforture....Welcome to NJ.
Old 01-22-06, 03:12 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 157 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkBuzzard

Well I went out tonight to some restaurant/lounge club in N. Bergen, New Jersey. Arrived there at 1130pm. Left at 3am. My car was in the parking lot of the club. As I walked to it I noticed all the windows fully down. and sunroof wide open. I did a walk around and saw the drivers door lock on the handle popped off. and a small indentation in the door behind the handle where I guess they stuck a screwdriver to pry off the doorlock cover. No alarms went off. It seemed to be a very very neat job. The person/s were looking for goods and got away with my ipod nano. This sucks.

I just had the hood repainted last week after it being totally keyed up and this week someone keyed it again and now this. A month before I repainted the hood I had some minor front fender damage fixed from someone who hit and run. Geico is gonna drown me. One more incident within 3 months and Im sure to sell the car and buy a Toyota Prius.

My last car was an 04 Infiniti G35coupe and it was keyed over and over mercilessly in different areas of NYC. I also seemed to catch a nail or have my tire slashed every month with that car.

I cant have a nice car. Even with valet parking at home and parking in valet garages in NYC and everywhere I go, trouble always follows my car.

I am pretty calm about this now. I guess I've sort of gotten used to it and I am thankful. It could be worse. The thieves could have went further and totally vandalized the car by tearing the leather and breaking glass and such but they didnt. They just took the ipod nano.

I am beginning to HATE people and wish cancer on their mothers and really beginning to HATE NYC but thats just my anger and I dont really mean it. I swear one more incident within 3 months and I will sell it and buy a prius. Nobody troubles a prius.
did you actually have the alarm? what car is it?
it seems as if they used door lock to unlock the car, which lowered the windows.
Old 01-22-06, 03:29 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel very bad for you and I am sorry that bad things seem to keep happening to your cars. I usually don't respond to threads where someone is experiencing misfortune, but the pain and frustration you are feeling are so evident in your words. I just want to say that all can be replaced or repaired and that things will get better for you. Your words also touched me because I recently lost my wonderful mother to cancer. I know that those words were your frustration and anger coming out and that you don't mean it, but I wanted to let you know that your words can also reach those who wish you well.
Old 01-23-06, 08:40 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of sympathy..

SPWOLF..I have the factory alarm. From what Ive come to find out is the thieves pop off the door lock cover and use a machine that turns the lock...thus deactivationg alarm and opening all windows. I guess an lcd remote aftermarket alarm is what I must get done but theres so many to choose from and Im not sure which is good. Also I really really dont want any "professional" messing with the electrical system in my ride to install the alarm. I had a sound system installed in my previous car by a very reputable installer and shortly after the car began behaving weird. Recommend a top-of -the-line alarm system if you know any.

LeslieRC...Sorry to hear about your loss. Yours was certainly greater than mine in all aspects. Cars and materials can always be replaced. Loved ones cant. I didn't mean to touch anyone by words of anger...and that is exactly why I clearly stated

"...but thats just my anger and I dont really mean it."

I apologize.
Old 01-23-06, 10:10 AM
Niloy63
Rookie

Thanks to everyone for the kind words of sympathy..

SPWOLF..I have the factory alarm. From what Ive come to find out is the thieves pop off the door lock cover and use a machine that turns the lock...thus deactivationg alarm and opening all windows. I guess an lcd remote aftermarket alarm is what I must get done but theres so many to choose from and Im not sure which is good. Also I really really dont want any "professional" messing with the electrical system in my ride to install the alarm. I had a sound system installed in my previous car by a very reputable installer and shortly after the car began behaving weird. Recommend a top-of -the-line alarm system if you know any.

LeslieRC...Sorry to hear about your loss. Yours was certainly greater than mine in all aspects. Cars and materials can always be replaced. Loved ones cant. I didn't mean to touch anyone by words of anger...and that is exactly why I clearly stated

"...but thats just my anger and I dont really mean it."

I apologize.

Hey buddy, I'm really sorry about what happened to your car. I can't even imgaine how frustrating it must be to deal with this b.s. over and over again. I guess it's safe to say that most people suck, huh? lol.

But anyway, I wanted to recommend an alarm system for you, that is very much top of the line, with a mini LCD monitor screen. They're called Viper Alarms. A lot of my friends use it on their EXTREMELY high end vehicles.
http://www.directed.com/security/viper/default.asp - I believe this link is the official website, and the following link is another website showing a few package offers.
http://www.drdetailshop.com/viper.htm

I hope everything goes well for you bud. Take it easy...

-Niloy
Old 01-23-06, 04:12 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

I know this is easier said than done, but LEAVE THAT AREA. If you have people that have absolutely no regard for anyone else's property or anything of that sort, then there is no reason to stay there. There are 49 other states and countless cities out there where the people at least have some shred of decency.

Just think, if there people willing to key your car over and over, and then some who are willing to break into your car, then there are people willing to do MUCH worse things. I know moving wont solve that, as there are bad apples in all areas of the country, but it seems like where you are there are a heavy concentration of them.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Old 01-23-06, 08:15 PM
UAL
Rookie

Sorry to hear about it. Hopefully, the insurance company doesn't give you a hassle with the claim.
Old 01-23-06, 08:32 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

I feel your pain. My car was keyed twice in two weeks when parked in the same Upper West Side neighborhood in NYC. Who knows why haters do what they do? At least I can understand why thieves do what they do...
Old 01-24-06, 12:07 AM
BlkBuzzard
Driver

Originally Posted by Incendiary
I feel your pain. My car was keyed twice in two weeks when parked in the same Upper West Side neighborhood in NYC. Who knows why haters do what they do? At least I can understand why thieves do what they do...

Exactly!!! Haters deserve the worst of the worst because they damage other peoples property and status out of nothing but pure jealousy. They cause unnecessary pain to others and hopefully down the line of their miserable lives it will come back around to them tenfold. Thieves on the other hand break in out of NEED...not out of hate. These guys didnt tear up my leather or break glass or smash headlights or key the car or anything. They popped out the lock and stole my ipod and left the scene. Whatever. They both suck major ***.

Quick Reply: My car was broken into...I give up the 'LIFE'.