GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Kazz Sports overlay grill?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-06, 06:39 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLW
Not sure who makes it
Nice! I like it.
Old 01-26-06, 06:51 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 01-26-06, 06:56 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the best grille so far for the 3GS
Old 01-27-06, 12:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
that's nice.

i also noticed that on the blitz gs, they have different grille as well. maybe that's an indication that it can be taken off?

the grill might be attached to the bumper, but they should still be separate pieces. just like the is300, the grill is attached to the bumper, but you can still take it off (the center part in this case) and possibly replace it with something else.

so personally my belief is still you can replace the grille with something else, just need to wait
Old 02-18-06, 09:36 AM
KinwayTRD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marshmallo
So Lextasy is not a reputable vendor? This is the second time I heard "reservations"
about them.
You are correct. They have ton of negative feedbacks. Here is one of them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=Lextasy

Just use search button and type Lextasy, you will find a lot of negative feedbacks about them.
Old 02-18-06, 09:40 AM
KinwayTRD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TLW

Not sure who makes it
Are you talking about this car's front grille? I saw it at Tokyo Auto Salon this year and also met the owner of this car. If you like, I can email him and try to find out what grille it is for you.
Old 02-18-06, 12:47 PM
LexFather

Well that is one of the issues many car makers are having, as instead of the grill being a part of the hood or an add on part (like the 2GS) they are now integrated and part of the front bumper.

And to be honest, I don't like this at all with ANY car.

It also is causing huge issues with the Lexus aftermarket grill. You can't just unscrew it and add it. Its part of the bumper.

Also some 3GS models have the Laser Cruise, which is mounted behind the emblem. Thus, I cannot see a grill be added to those models.

Sigh....
Old 02-19-06, 07:43 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well that is one of the issues many car makers are having, as instead of the grill being a part of the hood or an add on part (like the 2GS) they are now integrated and part of the front bumper.

It also is causing huge issues with the Lexus aftermarket grill. You can't just unscrew it and add it. Its part of the bumper.

Also some 3GS models have the Laser Cruise, which is mounted behind the emblem. Thus, I cannot see a grill be added to those models.

Sigh....
I agree with 1SICKLEX if you had 2 06 GS setting next to the other, one had redar cruise control and Pre-collision (hope i never have to use that but good to have) and the other didn't, you could see that the Lexus emblem is bigger, has a clean look to it, and damn nice impossible to put a grill. I'll post picture of the Lexus emblem if you want a closer look for yourself just let me know
Old 02-21-06, 03:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Sigh....
well, the other weekend me and my wife we went to lexus dealership and started to look at the grille. it's definitely mounted to the bumper, but still, it's a separate piece. i am sure you can still somehow take it off, unless it's "glued" or "hard mounted" to the bumper (did anyone confirm this already?)

it's almost like the is300 grille. it's mounted to the bumper, but you can take it off. i am still hoping that for the 3gs