GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

leaving lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 04:11 PM
GS430X6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soflGSGuy,

Sorry to hear all the troubles you are having. I also live in so. fla and use JM Lexus. Lexus of pembroke pines is right around the corner from me but dont care, I drive 30 miles to JM, they by far are the best in south fla.

I'd be very surprised if they do not trade your car for a new one. If they dont, you wont need to spend your flow on a lawyer, just file the lemon law, soon as they see you mean business, I'd bet they will give you a new car.

As for the BMW lover, tell my neighbor they are good cars, she bought a 530 3 months ago, its been in the shop two of those months with electrical problems. I told her to buy the 430 but she hates the hatchback look of the car (as do alot of people). I have a business partner who has the new 750i, and its been in the shop 4 times already. Also, BMW treats their customers like crap. as does most, no all of the German built car companys. Lexus has the best cookies in town.....
Old 03-03-06, 09:58 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Default Help trip loaner no idea what to do

Update Lexus serves rep said he call with in a week that was Thursday and now its Saturday and its been 8 days from the time I left the car in the shop, and now I have a trip coming up. I guess there out of luck if they call me when I am in Orlando because I have to use there loaner to get there they have my GS.

Can they charge me if I don’t bring the loaner back after they call because I am not driven 300-400 miles to drop off the loaner if they never call me back AND tell me when I am getting my car. Or my new car. Who knows. I will be there for like 5-6 days and I am afraid that they will charge me or something if I don’t bring it back when they call if they call when I am up there. Any ides?
Old 03-03-06, 10:12 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by soflGSguy
Update Lexus serves rep said he call with in a week that was Thursday and now its Saturday and its been 8 days from the time I left the car in the shop, and now I have a trip coming up. I guess there out of luck if they call me when I am in Orlando because I have to use there loaner to get there they have my GS.

Can they charge me if I don’t bring the loaner back after they call because I am not driven 300-400 miles to drop off the loaner if they never call me back AND tell me when I am getting my car. Or my new car. Who knows. I will be there for like 5-6 days and I am afraid that they will charge me or something if I don’t bring it back when they call if they call when I am up there. Any ides?
Considering your situation you should be fine. I know my relationship with my dealer is out the ordinary, as in driving loaners as much as I want, but even they know many people drop off on Friday to drive a loaner all weekend and they don't charge people.

I think with your circumstances, you are okay.
Old 03-03-06, 10:17 PM
ksu1998
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need some help here. You are being too passive with them and bs like "well we redesigned the seat-belts" is coming out. Get a lawyer or a pissed off friend and make some noise at the dealership. For some reason they are playing around the problem. When my car had anti-freeze all over the engine bay I called the service rep every day at 9:13am until I convinced him to find a time to detail my car(free).

Good luck on this

D
Old 03-04-06, 09:03 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

You know, I had a lot of problems with my GS in the early days (as I've mentioned), my dealer's service dept was none too helpful.

However, this is the same dealer that my wife's friend just bought her IS250 from. Two days later she learned that the cooling feature of the passenger seat was not working (probably cause I sat in it with my fat a..)

They offered to switch out the entire seat and she said she hates when you start taking a brand new car apart.

SO THEY GAVE HER A NEW CAR!!!!!!! She had already driven over 200 miles on the old one!!!

I think the key here is that she went through her sales guy and the new car manager of the dealer.

Of note, they forgot to do the dealer prep on the new car and she got a tire pressure warning 10 minutes after leaving the dealer. Took it back and they had to give her a loaner for the afternoon. They apologized profusely and they told her they would detail her new car for her whenever she wants - no charge. I am officially impressed.

So in short, if the service manager continues to give you trouble, go up above him - and don't worry about not bringing the car back when they tell you to.
Old 03-04-06, 09:52 AM
scottmyers
Pole Position

I had the dash "creek and pop" problem that the dealer just could not resolve, and I got them to replace the car after 3000 miles. Just let them know that you are in no way going to let it go. Pursue it to the highest level possible.
Old 03-06-06, 10:03 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Default please help

Please help

Tell me if this sounds right or wrong or what. Lexus finely called today, Monday. And said they are sending us info in the mail about them buying back the car. But they will deduct miles from the price they are buying back. WE asked what if we did lemon law they said they do the same thing take miles form the cost of the car. That doesn’t sound right, since the car isn’t working right and we are only doing this because the cars seatbelts don’t work. Please help.
Old 03-06-06, 10:49 AM
drck1000
Driver

Please help

Tell me if this sounds right or wrong or what. Lexus finely called today, Monday. And said they are sending us info in the mail about them buying back the car. But they will deduct miles from the price they are buying back. WE asked what if we did lemon law they said they do the same thing take miles form the cost of the car. That doesn’t sound right, since the car isn’t working right and we are only doing this because the cars seatbelts don’t work. Please help.
I don't know any of the laws pertaining to this matter, but that doesn't sound right at all (the decuction for mileage). You could argue that during the miles that you did put on the car, that the car was working properly and thus should not be considered. I don't know all of the facts and particulars, but it doesn't sound like you really had the car working well for you.

So I take it that they aren't going to give you a new car? Or are you just trying to get out of the GS and into a different car? Wish you the best in either case. That sucks. Going through a bit of a rough patch with Lexus service as well. I hope to have it resolved today.
Old 03-06-06, 11:52 AM
pianovt
Rookie

Please help

The owner's manuals you got with the car should have a booklet that specifically talks about your rights under the lemon law. Maybe it says in there what exactly the rules are.
Old 03-06-06, 12:14 PM
LexFather

Please help

At this point, you need to really do some research YOURSELF or get a lawyer.

I just don't see where this thread is going anymore b/c obviosly, you will never be happy. Its unfortunate but at what point do you get serious?
Old 03-06-06, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
At this point, you need to really do some research YOURSELF or get a lawyer.

I just don't see where this thread is going anymore b/c obviosly, you will never be happy. Its unfortunate but at what point do you get serious?
agree, maybe it's time to get a lawyer.

but regarding lemon/buy back, i do think they take away the mileage you have driven the car on. that kinda makes sense to me though (as long as the mileage costs are calculated correctly)
Old 03-07-06, 06:54 PM
rjjr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS430X6
soflGSGuy,

BMW treats their customers like crap. as does most, no all of the German built car companys. Lexus has the best cookies in town.....

I don't know where this impression comes from but in my case it's just dead wrong. With only 500 miles on my BMW X5 with a sick engine I demanded and received a brand new X5.

I just traded my 530 which has never been in the shop except for service. I decided to go with Lexus this time to get more comfort.
Old 03-17-06, 11:59 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Ever one assume news Lexus is going to Replace my death trap of a GS with a new GS at 0.00 cost to me. They finely came around my lawyer talked to my mom what to say to them. And they finely drop the charges they wanted to charge me.

Also about a week and half ago I bright in the 2006 RX loner and got an IS loaner. IS is nice but I shore do miss my GS.

YAY for me. I am now smiling when I talk about Lexus. Less pray to god I don’t have anymore problems.

Been about a month or so since I have driven my car. Or seen my car. I hope they find a replacement fast. They asked me if I wanted a different model and or color I told them the same everything I have flint mica and black inside but I also told them if it can be got faster I would take a black on black. I wonder if any of those colors are hard to get in a GS300 with everything on it.

wooot hehe . thanks you all for the support before.
Old 03-17-06, 02:54 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Congrats dude!!!
I'm glad this drama is finally coming to an end for you. I just bought a GS 300 a month ago, and reading stories like your gives me the chills. I must say though the service dept where I bought my GS is great. I brought my car in for a clay/detail/wax promised by my sales rep, and even though she had not turned in the pre-requesite paperwork, they treated me like a king and got my car done for me. wow!!! Conversely the service dept at the dealership where my ex-girlfriend bought her ES 330, gets extremely low marks from me. To be honest i was quite surprised at the total slaes/service experience difference between the 2 dealerships.

In he end seems that certain dealerships take more pride in giving their clients a "First class Lexus experience", and some just want to sell cars.
Old 03-17-06, 03:19 PM
Leeladisky
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting...

Well,

I am glad you got a new vehicle out of this! Frankly, I'm at wits end with Lexus - you hear one thing from the dealer, a different thing from Lexus corporate and then there's the truth. The dealer will admit to problems and attempt to fix, up until you get frustrated enough to call Lexus corporate - and then the stories that the dealer were telling you about "fixes," "updates" and "Lexus is aware of the problem and a redesign is coming," "I've never seen this probelm before," - and my personal favorite - "All the cars do this, therefore it's normal and designed that way." Well, I'm in it up to my neck again with Lexus and the 3 different story game and no one is willing to document ANYTHING. In fact, I just drove 30 miles out of my way to take the car to a Lexus dealer where the service manager is a friend and ended up documenting the problem and his attempt to fix it - which will be the 3rd attempt. He apparently received a nasty phone call from the prior dealer AND Lexus stating that he is not to work on my car or give me any information anymore without knowing what he's fixing EXACTLY. We'll see if his attempt works or not...I don't want a new car, especially don't want to drive anything but Lexus, but at this rate, it's not looking good and is health related (smell in the air conditioning system that is similar to vinegar, disinfectant or cleaning solution - been dealing with it since 2 days after I took delivery).

But, nontheless, they are trying to hide the problem and create a situation where I cannot get a buyback... LOL. Freakin game - $50k car and they are playing high school manipulation and intimidation games... It would cost them less to just admit to problems and start trying to fix things...

No manufacturer is perfect, but with all of Mercedes faults and problems, they do bend over backwards for their customers. Lexus Customer satisfaction is rated against the vehicle and it's condition when delivered (i.e., problems at delivery), not necessarily service and treatment for recurrant problems. All manufacturers claim they win awards anyway... so what's the use.

LOL

L

Quick Reply: leaving lexus