GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

leaving lexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 02:19 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaving lexus

After 4 months of fighting with servers with Lexus I think I am leaving and going to go get a bmw or infinity. my seatbelts they replaced are locking up agen, dvd still doesn’t work, rattles popping up ever ware and a weird burnt smell after 20mins drive. :-(

just thought I would post for ideas how to get Lexus to fix my car because I do love it just tired of dropping it off getting loaner going then picking up my car still not fixed going back get a loaner have them calling ever 20mins having them replace stuff that isnt broken 3 speaks, when it was the glove box making the noise plz. Help before I leave my lovely GS that I do not want to.
Old 02-01-06, 03:26 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soflGSguy
After 4 months of fighting with servers with Lexus I think I am leaving and going to go get a bmw or infinity. my seatbelts they replaced are locking up agen, dvd still doesn’t work, rattles popping up ever ware and a weird burnt smell after 20mins drive. :-(

just thought I would post for ideas how to get Lexus to fix my car because I do love it just tired of dropping it off getting loaner going then picking up my car still not fixed going back get a loaner have them calling ever 20mins having them replace stuff that isnt broken 3 speaks, when it was the glove box making the noise plz. Help before I leave my lovely GS that I do not want to.
I'm sorry to learn that you have had so many problems with your car. These cars cost too much money to have components that don't function properly and strange smells and noises emanating from the car. I'm a huge fan of Lexus cars, but even Lexus can have an "odd-lot". What you're experiencing seems beyond unreasonable. Is there a "Lemon Law" in Florida? 4 months of ownership + continuing problems may = dealer buys your car back (or gives you a new one). I know it sounds a little extreme, but have you spoken with the dealer about replacing the car? You may want to write them a letter to that effect. If nothing else, you should get their attention.
Old 02-01-06, 08:33 AM
GS4_LEX
Driver School Candidate

Generally speaking with the Lemon Law - if they have three attemped services on one or two items and cannot get it resolved tell them you are pursuing the Lemon Law. If you have documented records that they attempted to fix it or noted that they fixed it and it comes back then you have a case. If they just note you are complaining about it but note that they did not fnd the problem or the noise then you cannot pursue that avenue. You have to have it documented as being a problem that they are aware of and that they also addressed it. They have be given enough time to fix the problems as well. Meaning if they need a week to research and you don't allow for it then you cannot pursue it. I know because I got BMW to stop me from filing Lemon Law on my 745iL in 2001 and they took the car back full price and gave me a 545i instead and refinance the deal at the lower price along with the payments I had made. They used the car as a loaner instead.

I am having problems with my car with creaks as well but as long as they address it I am okay. I know it a pain in the butt with what you are going through. Take it to another dealership with your log and see if they can address it. Also ask when a Service Rep for Lexus will be around and ask that you are present there when he arrives to make sure he is very aware of the situation. Sometimes Lexus Service Centers cannot authorize work if no TSB is issued even even though they know you have a problem. They don't get paid so they won't perform the service.

Good luck. Sorry to be so long winded.

Try to stay with Lexus - I came back to it after 4 BMW's.
Old 02-01-06, 09:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am sorry to hear that, but definitely seems like you got a lemon. get your money back for sure
Old 02-01-06, 11:11 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your current dealership can't resolve the issue, go to another dealership. If that doesn't work, call Lexus customer service.

Maybe I'm fortunate, but in my seven years as a Lexus owner, I've never had any problems that were not addressed quickly and to my satisfaction by Lexus. Not quite sure why you're having such problems.
Old 02-02-06, 08:55 AM
4thone
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I would check out a different dealer.It seems yours is lacking in the skill or knowlege to fix your car.In 12 years as a Lexus owner I have never encountered the problems you have.A new dealer may give you a new outlook.
Old 02-02-06, 05:09 PM
scottmyers
Pole Position

soflGSguy... I'm just about at the same conclusion with my GS. I have had it in so many time now that I feel like I work at the dealership myself. The creaking sounds from the dash are just the last straw for me. It's driving me insane for a 50k car to do this.

I want to love the car, but I am so disappointing because of the issues that it just makes me sick.
Old 02-02-06, 09:07 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Thanks for all the support. The smell it nuts its a burning smell not from the 10k oil change. I know the smell of burning smell burning oil and this isn’t it, they told me Monday they will look at it. I told them can I leave it here and take a loaner they said they had none till Monday and that I should just get rides from family and friends till Monday. I wasn’t happy. they are replacing the drivers seatbelt for the 2rd time the pansger was replaced once already and the drivers was looked at 4 times first 2 they said there was no problem I got pissed and so they fixed it, today I also called fl leman law and they gave me info I will give them one last try to fix it I love this car so much I feel safe in it but not when I can not put my seatbelt on . also the server man ask if I could just drive it with out a seatbelt but its fl law u have to ware it was kinda upset he said that they are nice about it but still they asked me if I could break the law?

I today day looked at the m35 and m46 and bmw 530i sport m34 nice more power but all ware not as nice inside and gps ware soo hard to use and they felt like a much cheaper car wasn’t happy with them at all I do hope they can fix my Lexus or replace it.

I’ll keep you posted thx all
Old 02-03-06, 08:36 AM
rx7rules
Driver School Candidate

SoflGSguy, what dealer are you using is South Florida?
Old 02-04-06, 12:10 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

Lexus of Pembroke Pines is the one I always go to i will not go to Countyline lexus bad sales department . I been to JM vary vary nice when my car was towed the 2end week after i got it they were nice but far away from me to go there I wouldn’t mind but ever other week my car is in the shop :-(

but Lexus of Pembroke Pines is the one working on it over and over.... I wish when I bring it in on Monday I will get it back ”who knows when” and everything is good because I really do love this car.

Wish me luck on Monday thx
Old 02-04-06, 05:07 AM
soflGSguy
Rookie

I am about to cry, today I got in my seatbelts are locked up cant use them this morning nothing new there, butnow there white smoke coming out of my car and my car now says check VSC I am having it towed to lexus when it opens at 9am soo upset I just don’t know why so much is happening to me in this car and I have fear of driving so now I am worried if the car will even be safe
Old 02-04-06, 05:47 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

I am about to cry, today I got in my seatbelts are locked up cant use them this morning nothing new there, butnow there white smoke coming out of my car and my car now says check VSC I am having it towed to lexus when it opens at 9am soo upset I just don’t know why so much is happening to me in this car and I have fear of driving so now I am worried if the car will even be safe
Unfortunate, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. Make yourself happy and get rid of that P.O.S.! It was probably manufactured on a Monday or Friday.
Old 02-04-06, 07:54 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

This is definately not Lexus-like. You should pursue the lemon law and make sure you get a new car.
Old 02-04-06, 02:35 PM
ocangelfan
Driver School Candidate

Man, just make sure you have plenty of documentation then pursue the lemon law option. You are not having a Lexus experience. I would try to avoid pointing fingers too much at the dealership, as that won't get you what you want.

The problem with switching to a BMW is the quality of those cars is pretty bad relative to Lexus, so you're kindof out of the frying pan, into the fire...
Old 02-05-06, 06:25 PM
soflGSguy
Rookie

i want to stay with Lexus just don’t know if in will have this problem with other cars, the problems with this car start small and keep getting bigger and bigger first was the dvd-a then it was rattles then it was seat belt, then burnt smell and now smoke what’s next fire? the SUV the gave me to drive is nice but isn’t no GS

Quick Reply: leaving lexus