GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

*** Genuine Lexus Japan 06 GS Remote Start ***** UPDATE*****

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 03:12 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Many months has past. How about giving it to me and I'll try it?
Old 06-08-06, 03:28 PM
bhuwan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am interested aslo
Old 06-08-06, 08:52 PM
oneeyejack
Pole Position

so what exactly can this bad boy do besides start the car? open my doors, control my tv at home?? can i talk my car and have it drive up to me.
Old 06-08-06, 11:00 PM
kloh7
Pole Position

OMG That thing looks sweet. I want one!
Old 06-10-06, 07:33 PM
13UglyMen
Driver School Candidate

I'm interested. What's the status? Does it replace the factory FOB?
Old 06-13-06, 08:23 PM
lexusman1
Driver School Candidate

Imported brands such as lexus dont offer features such as remote start for reason concerning safety and security. Lexus is one of those imports sitting on top right about now and Im sure they've already thought about offering these simplye to add luxury features. I know lexus could offer If they wanted too because they have so many far advanded features available and on there way. If any thing new is to be offered by lexus to the consumer it will be offered first and only the upcoming 2007 LS460,460L,600h,and 600hL coming this fall and next year. It's a trend with lexus to offer they're best features to richest folks in town first and than the cheaper models like the GS IS and ES inherit those features a year or so later. They will be releasing they're new 8 speed auto/manualmatic trans, a new auto parking system, mp3 hardrive audio storage, cummunicative keyfob, a glass sunroof that dims on demand, avanced auto A/C, a gizmo that keep the car from crossing the painted lane dividers, camera that focuses on your eyes to see if your sleepy, LED headlights, hybrid V8 and even AWD system on the LS model first than starting with the GS and than the rest of the models will incorporate some of these features, look for these features to be offered around october 2006 to the near future.
Old 06-13-06, 08:32 PM
lexusman1
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb

I wander if it's simular to the new fob volvo is offering with it's new 2007 Volvo S80. from what I hear the volvo fob features a communicative bond with your car it tell you vital info about what going on with your car is it lock has it been tampered with or even if it happy or not. "KNIGHT RIDER HERE MOVE OVER LEXUS COMES"
Old 06-14-06, 11:02 AM
knicker
Pole Position

question for you I used to do a little wrenching and from what I understand is that a remote start is absolutley terrible to have on any car. The reason is once the car is started the starter keeps trying to turn the car over for a couple of extra seconds which of course is going to ruin your starter which in a lexus isnt cheap......I dont know if that is true in this case........but I am not going to find out.
Old 10-16-06, 11:24 AM
D.daddy
3rd Gear

Didn't realize this thread existed. I posted on another thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=remote+start) the following:

As winter is fast approaching, I'm hoping someone will try this unit out. I called Carson Toyota last week and they have still not had anyone step up to the plate. They actually have a unit in stock!!!

I'm wondering how much interest there is out there to say chip in $10-20 into a pot for someone to try this unit out. We could forward the money directly to Carson to keep things honest.

We need two things:
1. someone's car to subsidize
2. people to chip in.

Anyone interested?
Old 10-16-06, 01:56 PM
Gohawks63
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by knicker
question for you I used to do a little wrenching and from what I understand is that a remote start is absolutley terrible to have on any car. The reason is once the car is started the starter keeps trying to turn the car over for a couple of extra seconds which of course is going to ruin your starter which in a lexus isnt cheap......I dont know if that is true in this case........but I am not going to find out.
Not true. I had a remote starter in previous cars. The "brain" monitors RPMs. As long as the engine is running, it will not engage the starter again.

The only disadvantages are those that come along with having a car idle for an extended period of time, then again, most systems will shut off the engine if the driver doesn't take over after 15 minutes or so.
Old 10-16-06, 02:26 PM
pocky
mooncake master

So I talked to Luis again. The chipping in part will work no problem. Whether it'll work or not on the "donor" car, the other problem we face is....who ultimately decides to keep it?

It seems POSSIBLE, maybe. I'm trying to get through my contacts in Japan so see I can get my hands on some sort of install manual.
Old 10-16-06, 02:29 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gohawks63
Not true. I had a remote starter in previous cars. The "brain" monitors RPMs. As long as the engine is running, it will not engage the starter again.

The only disadvantages are those that come along with having a car idle for an extended period of time, then again, most systems will shut off the engine if the driver doesn't take over after 15 minutes or so.

Old 10-16-06, 02:33 PM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pocky
So I talked to Luis again. The chipping in part will work no problem. Whether it'll work or not on the "donor" car, the other problem we face is....who ultimately decides to keep it?

It seems POSSIBLE, maybe. I'm trying to get through my contacts in Japan so see I can get my hands on some sort of install manual.
whoever the donor car belongs to keeps it. seems only logical to me regardless of who pays for it.
Old 10-16-06, 03:35 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Why Dont Carson Try IT First On A Demo Or A New Car And Just Charge An Arm And A Leg For It Like All Dealers, Hahaha, No Offense But We All Know That's How It Is.

How Much Is The Unit?

If It Is Under A Grand or Even A Lil Over, WouldN'T It Be Worth It To Carson Just To Do It For Promotion Rights And The Recognition That They Have A Good Team Of Techs That Can Figure It Out. I Mean If I Was In Cali And Carson Figured It Out I Would Drive There And Have Them Install It For Up To 1500 If The Unit Is Indeed 1g.

Even Then, By Getting Confirmation Here In The Forum, I Might Still Get It Sent To Me And The Carson TEAM Can Sell It With Directions To Earn Respect And Potential Customers.

What Do You Say "carson"

Last edited by HKN; 10-16-06 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-16-06, 04:09 PM
Benzoboi
Pole Position

If it werks...I will be all over it!~!

Quick Reply: *** Genuine Lexus Japan 06 GS Remote Start ***** UPDATE*****