GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-06, 07:11 PM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice ride, very clean. i like those rims.
welcome to CL... officially.
Old 03-05-06, 07:41 PM
1fstndn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nardeezy
I'm going to get 20x8.5 all around for my AWD GS and run the same springs you have (NF210). I've been contemplating between 245/35 and 245/30. 30 series is the spec for the OEM diameter and should not rub at all, but the 35 has a little bit more air between the tire and rim (but rubs). I have a family with a 5 month old, how bad would you say the rubbing is up front? You say it rubs when it bottoms out, how many people are in the car when it does that and is it significant or do you really have to listen for it? Do you know where it's actually rubbing? You didn't mention turning, would it rub on a full u-turn? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to make the best decision.
It doesn't matter how many people in the car. It only rubs in the front, not the back. You can hear the rubbing when u bottom out but only in the front, it does rub some times when i make u-turn or getting on the freeway from over pass. The rubbing inside wheel wells. I would say if i had to give you percent how many time it rubs on the night out i would say on 50 mile journey i say about 3 percent depending on where u are in the bay. I know rubs sometimes, but i am really happy the way car feel and looks. If it wasn't for the rubbing i would think the car was not lowered because rides like stock. Good Luck with your project.
Old 03-05-06, 07:42 PM
1fstndn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4thone
Very nice wheel & tire combo,it's one of the better ones i've seen.

Nardeez :good luck finding springs for your AWD.
Thank you.
Old 03-19-06, 09:55 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1fstndn
It doesn't matter how many people in the car. It only rubs in the front, not the back. You can hear the rubbing when u bottom out but only in the front, it does rub some times when i make u-turn or getting on the freeway from over pass. The rubbing inside wheel wells. I would say if i had to give you percent how many time it rubs on the night out i would say on 50 mile journey i say about 3 percent depending on where u are in the bay. I know rubs sometimes, but i am really happy the way car feel and looks. If it wasn't for the rubbing i would think the car was not lowered because rides like stock. Good Luck with your project.
Cool! I'm contemplating between the 35 or 30 series profile in the front and 30 or 25 series profile in the rears. I would rather go with 35 and 30 becasue you get a little more cushion and the rolling diameter could be identical (I have an AWD) but the 30 and 25 get you an identical to stock rolling diameter, no rubbing but a slight % diff in rolling diameters. Anyways, what mfg and style of tires do you have (e.g. Pirelli PZero nero)? Since you're using the NF springs I wouldn't think they should rub with 35 and 30 tires. Some guys are running the DF's with 30 and 25 series profiles and they claim that there is no rubbing. I would think running 35 and 30 series profiles with NF's wouldn't rub.

Do you think your rubbing could be related toward the wheel offset? I know they were custom made wheels, Modulare's are very expensive and look nice but I heard that some mfg's have a more ideal offset for larger wheels on specific lowered vehicles (for fitment reasons). FYI, I just got my car lowered this weekend, thanks for the recommendation. The guys at Motorsport Techniques did a great job.