GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

GS300 AWD lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-06, 01:46 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nardeezy, have the springs settled a bit more between the time you put them on and now? If so, how much lower did it go?
Old 08-29-06, 07:26 PM
dc661
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated pics please

I'd also like to see some new pics with the new wheels if you don't mind. Thanks -
Old 08-29-06, 08:08 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SGT
nardeezy, have the springs settled a bit more between the time you put them on and now? If so, how much lower did it go?
I'm pretty sure they have but not significant enough to notice a major difference.
Old 08-31-06, 06:49 AM
slimj 281
Driver

just wondering does your car rub in the back when u hit bumps? i got the same drop but my car is rwd and when i hit a hump the back rubs pretty hard.
Old 08-31-06, 08:07 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

slimj, what size wheels do you have?
Old 08-31-06, 08:32 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slimj 281
just wondering does your car rub in the back when u hit bumps? i got the same drop but my car is rwd and when i hit a hump the back rubs pretty hard.
It does rub, but the severity is very subjective, depending on the conditions. What you mean by hump? Most of the time it will rub when I am travaeling at a higher speed (freeway) on the roller coaster type of bumps when the back seats are occupied. It doesn't rub on the really sharp and harsh bumps.

Also, I get rubbing in the front during low speed turning (in parking lots or backing out of the driveway. In the beginning, when I first lowered the car the rubbing was louder. Over time, I think the tire shaved away some of the inner plastic lining and it does not rub as much.

My car has been on the rack a few times after lowering the car and the tire is only rubbing on the plastic lining, which is not bad at all. It would be a lot worse if it was rubbing on metal, or even worse screw threads or sharper objects.
Old 09-01-06, 10:20 AM
slimj 281
Driver

Originally Posted by SGT
slimj, what size wheels do you have?
i just got the sevas 20x8.5 and 20x10 in the rear
last night went out plus couple people in the car and it rubbed like crazy in the rear. when i got out to check it the outer plastic in the rear right where the fender is, was kinda bent out pointing towards the tires so i bend it back prolly have to cut that black plastic lining out huh? theres metal under the plastic though seems like the tires shaved some of the plastic out and it was bare metal underneath could've blew out my tires
Old 09-01-06, 10:58 AM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by slimj 281
i just got the sevas 20x8.5 and 20x10 in the rear
last night went out plus couple people in the car and it rubbed like crazy in the rear. when i got out to check it the outer plastic in the rear right where the fender is, was kinda bent out pointing towards the tires so i bend it back prolly have to cut that black plastic lining out huh? theres metal under the plastic though seems like the tires shaved some of the plastic out and it was bare metal underneath could've blew out my tires
What size are your tires and were your wheels custom made for the vehicle? How much weight was in your car? It could be an offset factor or just a lot of weight in the car. I don't think your tire would blowout, it could but I doubt it. I've had much worse situations of a lowerd vehicle scrapping the tires (metal).
Old 09-01-06, 05:12 PM
slimj 281
Driver

Originally Posted by nardeezy
What size are your tires and were your wheels custom made for the vehicle? How much weight was in your car? It could be an offset factor or just a lot of weight in the car. I don't think your tire would blowout, it could but I doubt it. I've had much worse situations of a lowerd vehicle scrapping the tires (metal).
yea it was made for the vehicle i got it from d2autoports, the offsets is 42 the tire size is 245-35-20 fronts and 275-30-20 rears. i had me plus two other guys in the car at the time.
Old 09-13-06, 08:12 AM
AARudy
Driver School Candidate

so, Tanabe does not make springs for AWD cars?....
sorry to sound like a retard, I've only owned my GS300 for 3 days....
and have been looing at the new NF210 springs...
Old 09-13-06, 09:02 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

AARudy, although Tanabe doesn't specifically mention that their springs can be used on the GS300 AWD, it certainly works. I had the NF210 springs installed on my car yesterday and it's perfectly fine. Definitely makes the car look so much better, and the ride is still smooth as silk.
Old 09-13-06, 11:36 AM
Tanabe USA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The springs we offer for the GS, the TNF112 and TDF112, NF210 and DF210 respectively will install onto the AWD model 3rd Gen GS. One thing to note about the AWD model offerings from Lexus is that they sit slightly higher and seem to be dampened differently from the RWD models, so lowering specs on our website will be different for these models.

The data listed on our website is for RWD models.

You should have no issue installing either spring on AWD models with stock wheels. If running larger aftermarket wheels, you will have to make sure the widths and offsets are correct, as more aggressive wheel specs may rub on all cars, lowered and unlowered.
Old 09-13-06, 12:19 PM
nardeezy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tanabe USA
The springs we offer for the GS, the TNF112 and TDF112, NF210 and DF210 respectively will install onto the AWD model 3rd Gen GS. One thing to note about the AWD model offerings from Lexus is that they sit slightly higher and seem to be dampened differently from the RWD models, so lowering specs on our website will be different for these models.

The data listed on our website is for RWD models.

You should have no issue installing either spring on AWD models with stock wheels. If running larger aftermarket wheels, you will have to make sure the widths and offsets are correct, as more aggressive wheel specs may rub on all cars, lowered and unlowered.
On this forum, I think I may have been the guinea pig to try the NF210's in an AWD back in March but this type of response from Tanabe would've been nice back then. It definetely would have put less stress on my decision making process.
Old 09-04-18, 09:29 AM
rthomas023
Driver School Candidate

Your car looks great! I have a 2006 GS300 AWD and I love it!

I have been researching the best lowering suspension options for this vehicle, which has had me going in many different directions.

Curious about the Tanabe NF210 springs... I have heard from a few installers that say you need a front camber kit... which I have not found any at all for an AWD.

Did you have an alignment done after the springs were installed and if so, were there any camber issues?

Right now, I'm leaning towards 20" wheels as I want larger wheels and I found a set of Sage front RCA spacer kits on http://lexi-imports.blogspot.com/201...mm-for_24.html that I heard about from https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gs350-awd.html

Thanks!
Old 09-06-18, 08:31 PM
sprtn131
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomas023
Your car looks great! I have a 2006 GS300 AWD and I love it!

I have been researching the best lowering suspension options for this vehicle, which has had me going in many different directions.

Curious about the Tanabe NF210 springs... I have heard from a few installers that say you need a front camber kit... which I have not found any at all for an AWD.

Did you have an alignment done after the springs were installed and if so, were there any camber issues?

Right now, I'm leaning towards 20" wheels as I want larger wheels and I found a set of Sage front RCA spacer kits on http://lexi-imports.blogspot.com/201...mm-for_24.html that I heard about from https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...gs350-awd.html

Thanks!
Here's what you need for lowering awd on Tanabe NF this is front(1) and rear(3) control arms

Quick Reply: GS300 AWD lowering